Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garbage left by off-roaders

Re: Garbage left by off-roaders

Spoke too soon. I was out on Bulldog Friday. I stopped to pick up a can, saw another, went to pick it up, saw another which lead me to someones camp site. I ended up with a garbage bag full of trash. Left in the mess was a 'welcome' mat with the names "Lisa & Thomas".
    Anyone know a Lisa & Thomas?. They seem to enjoy Minute maid lemonaid, coors light and PBR. Their litter profile includes tossing cans and bottles into bushes, maybe they thought they were decorating? I couldn't even imagine leaving a spot like they left it.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Spoke too soon. I was out on Bulldog Friday. I stopped to pick up a can, saw another, went to pick it up, saw another which lead me to someones camp site. I ended up with a garbage bag full of trash. Left in the mess was a 'welcome' mat with the names "Lisa & Thomas".
    Anyone know a Lisa & Thomas?. They seem to enjoy Minute maid lemonaid, coors light and PBR. Their litter profile includes tossing cans and bottles into bushes, maybe they thought they were decorating? I couldn't even imagine leaving a spot like they left it.
    They should be shot.

Yep. Par for the course it seems
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

But wait, I thought it was because of all those razor/utv people leaving trash?

Quote Originally Posted by wiley-moeracing View Post
    But wait, I thought it was because of all those razor/utv people leaving trash?
    Sometimes their hands are full...

Yes, he came around the corner going a bit too fast considering the kid with no helmet. This is a screen shot from my dash cam. It's one of the reasons I run a dash cam on the trail. If he had hit me, if I had been just another 100 feet down the trail, I can show I am not going fast.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Sometimes you cant fix stupid, if he was in a jeep he probably would have the kid sitting in his lap with no seat belt and doors. Its easy to pick on a group when we are all guilty of doing stupid things in our lives a time or two. Educate and maybe help save a life or injury.

Sometimes you cant fix stupid, if he was in a jeep he probably would have the kid sitting in his lap with no seat belt and doors. Its easy to pick on a group when we are all guilty of doing stupid things in our lives a time or two. Educate and maybe help save a life or injury.
    Hey, sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle some feathers of our members. A lot of the bikes, quads and side by side folks are cool. Often times they will pull out or back up because their size makes it easier. We had two different groups stop and BS with us the other day and they were super nice people. When I think about full sized rigs vs the smaller folks I just have to say I get many more of the smaller folks passing like jerks, coming around corners way too fast and they are the vast majority of people I see 'off trail'. I didn't have the chance to tell the guy in the pic there were more behind me, he didn't slow down. Most Jeep/truck folks are going slow enough we can stop and say 'Hey there are x number more behind me'. If you are running a quad fast and you meet my bumper, mores the pity, but don't put your kid in danger.

If he was in a jeep on one on my runs, or any AZVJC run, you can bet someone would say something if his kid was sitting in his lap or not strapped in.

A lot of my comments are a bit tongue in cheek but based on a bit of personal observation. I think it is great that folks are enjoying the trails and I want a lot of enthusiast to keep the hobby going.

10-4

That is illegal what that guy is doing. Possibly been drinking. As I said par for the course these days. Sad but true. Hope the kid doesn’t get hurt or killed
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

10-4
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information