Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Someone buy 4wheelers supply

Re: Someone buy 4wheelers supply

The JK has killed a lot of shops, as it is so easy to do work yourself, or for crappy shops to bolt on parts. In reality any mediocre shop can install most lifts, or other bolt on parts. It was a lot tougher with prior Jeep versions. Without need actual fabrication knowledge, shops like this were doomed. It isnt in the most convenient location, and they cannot compete with online sellers for parts. This is the retail situation in general. I mean, Sears is bankrupt too.

I have spent a ton of money at 4 Wheelers, and they did my coilovers and rear axle. But at the end of the day, there are few projects like that. Now, with JK's you buy a kit off the internet, and you can shove 37's under it without effort. Doing that to a TJ took skill, but not now.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    So you're the reason a business that has been around since the 40s is closing it's doors. Thanks.
    I often struggle understanding your logic, but you're welcome.

I do 90% of my own work and I don't wheel hard enough (anymore) to break shzit, so any shop that is or was depending on me is doomed!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    The JK has killed a lot of shops, as it is so easy to do work yourself, or for crappy shops to bolt on parts. In reality any mediocre shop can install most lifts, or other bolt on parts. It was a lot tougher with prior Jeep versions. Without need actual fabrication knowledge, shops like this were doomed. It isnt in the most convenient location, and they cannot compete with online sellers for parts. This is the retail situation in general. I mean, Sears is bankrupt too.

I have spent a ton of money at 4 Wheelers, and they did my coilovers and rear axle. But at the end of the day, there are few projects like that. Now, with JK's you buy a kit off the internet, and you can shove 37's under it without effort. Doing that to a TJ took skill, but not now.
    Not trying to derail or anything, but the same thing is happening to Harley Davidson.

Well said!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Bishop was awesome, I had forgotten his name.
    It's been a little over a year since I've been in. Been too busy to wheel, bought a daily driver... Jeep sure looks pretty in the garage... 1300 miles in the last year.
    13 JKR 3.5MetalCloak, 37x12.50's, 5.13's, PoisonSpyder bumpers/rails Synergy belly/steering, PSC hydro assist, Warn Zeon... and stuff.
    http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...k.jpg~original

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post

Yup, that's pretty much what I said previously but added the Rubicon in the mix. 44's, lockers, 4.10, electronic swaybar disconnects, 4:1 transfer case. I had all that done on my TJ except for the E-swaybar of course.

Even the 3.6 is killer vs the 4.0 so many wouldnt consider an engine upgrade. I think all this has way more impact than anything else. We asked this from jeep and we got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    Bishop was hired by Nick (NickP3D) for his Metal fab business. Sounds like they might start doing some Jeep/off-road related work in addition to their normal business. www.npfab.com

Bishop and I are heavily looking into starting our own shop (completely separate from NP Fab). He does not work for me, He is helping me finish my jeep while we figure everything out.

More details to come but please continue to use VJC sponsored shops! We are not trying to solicit business at this time. Just wanted to straighten that out before the mods start knocking
    NP Fabrication

I spent tons their the 15 years been in az and sad to see it go like this
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

Itís really not surprising theyíre closing . I never had good luck there in the last 5 years or so. Plus like everyone has said you have to wait days or weeks to get parts and you can order them o line quicker and probably cheaper and just YouTube the install for yourself. Also the extreme moderation and regulation along with trail closures has decreased the amount of people who even need the service they provide . And the newer generations donít have any want to be out in the world too so thereís no business from them.

So basically theyíre customers are dying off, more competition with less customers. And just less 4x4s needing aftermarket support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

Quote Originally Posted by NickP3d View Post
    Bishop and I are heavily looking into starting our own shop (completely separate from NP Fab). He does not work for me, He is helping me finish my jeep while we figure everything out.

More details to come but please continue to use VJC sponsored shops! We are not trying to solicit business at this time. Just wanted to straighten that out before the mods start knocking
    Sorry. Thanks for clarifying

There is a long story behind the closing of 4WS. I wish I could make it public but I'm sure there would be repercussions. Back in the day (50's thru 2007) It was the best shop around. The recession and a ownership change ended all that. It just bled to death. I had some great times there and made some lifelong friends. Do I miss it? When I left in 2008 Yes. Then I came back 2012-2016. Do I miss it? HELL NO! This is the first time I have logged on to this site in years. Glad to see so many names I recognize. Hope you are all doing well. Keep using the small shops or soon you wont have any to refer to.
    4 Wheelers Supply, I'm Back In Retirement!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information