Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MERICA2.0 rear steer buggy build

Re: MERICA2.0 rear steer buggy build

Looking great.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

Lookin' GOOD Casey...
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Thanks guys!!! got almost all the wiring done on the motor tonight, just need to get an alternator and starter cable and run the fuel pump wire. Then I need to plumb the steering. Iím guessing itís gonna take all day to get the air out of the system when Iím done since Iím gonna have like 50ft of hydro lines. Then I will put oil in everything and make sure aeverything is tight and fire her up.

There will still be a lot to do after that. Figuring 2-3 weeks and Iím hoping my axle shafts show up soon. That may be what I end up waiting on.
    I like to party

MERICA2.0 rear steer buggy build

Engine wiring is finished just need to mount the ECM. Also wrapped the exhaust behind the dash so I can install the hydro lines tomorrow and start bleeding the steering.

Picked up the Bulldog Comp winch. Iím gonna need to modify my winch plate quite a bit to fit the shorter drum but it will be worth it . I think Iím actually going to mount it a little offset. You can see in the pic when itís centered it blocks the headlight and I donít really want to remote mount the control box since space is all used up.

Last edited by CRAZYCASEY; 11-28-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    I like to party

She runs!!! Got her fired up today. Sorry Iíve been working on the buggy so much I canít find time to post. Still got 2 or 3 weeks worth of work to do. Hope to get my axle shafts in the next week or two. Shooting for a shake down run before Christmas.

Name:  IMG_2521.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  428.2 KB

If anybody talks to OLM let him know I found his sunglasses!!!

I like to party

Iím happy to see that you left room in that console for two cup holders. Thatís valuable real estate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Iím happy to see that you left room in that console for two cup holders. Thatís valuable real estate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like 7oz ultras 2 at a time
    I like to party

That is so awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

man, she is looking sweet! bravo.

Thanks guys. Spent yesterday cleaning things up. I will put all of the interior panels back in tonight or tomorrow. Still need to install and wire the amp and stereo speakers and instal lots of clamps to hold down hydro lines and wires and cables. Need to weld in the midship bearing mount for the front drive shaft. I also still need to install the sight tube and fluid in the t-case and figure out the lower radiator hose..... you get the idea still tons of crap to do.

Here is a pic of everything cleaned up behind the dash.

I like to party

MERICA2.0 rear steer buggy build

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    I also still need to install the sight tube and fluid in the t-case.

Personally, I wouldnít waste the time or energy installing the sight tube. Itís more of a gimmick, than anything else. You put in the recommended fill and on some cases it will show in the sight tube and in others it wonít. For my case, it never showed in the sight tube, when it was properly filled. It also introduces a few failure points or leak points to your case that would never be there if you didnít add the tubing. Mine developed a leak and I know of a few folks who got leaks there, as well. I removed my tube and feel silly that I ever installed it. For what we do and what you are building this buggy to do, you donít need to nor want to add any extra points of failure. Leave the tcase as it is, add your fluid and start driving it. Youíll know if your case develops a leak or not, as you do your normally inspections. My .02.
    Last edited by Huck; 12-03-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Personally, I wouldnít waste the time or energy installing the sight tube. Itís more of a gimmick, than anything else. You put in the recommended fill and on some cases it will show in the sight tube and in others it wonít. For my case, it never showed in the sight tube, when it was properly filled. It also introduces a few failure points or leak points to your case that would never be there if you didnít add the tubing. Mine developed a leak and I know of a few there who got leaks there, as well. I removed my tube and feel silly that I ever installed it. For what we do and what you are building this buggy to do, you donít need to nor want to add any extra points of failure. Leave the tcase as it is, add your fluid and start driving it. Youíll know if your case develops a leak or not, as you do your normally inspections. My .02.
    Cool thanks thatís what Iíll do. Except for the driving part Iím still waiting on my axles from spidertrax!!!
    I like to party

Wanted to give some props to Paul at bent fab for loaning us his seat bender to make quick work of bending the seats for a perfect fit.

Also huge thanks to Orin at TAD shafts for building me some bad *** driveshafts and going out of his way to make sure they fit perfectly!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Interior is all back together but I got some bad news today. My spidertrax axles have been delayed. Apparently their heat treating is backed up and my shafts wonít be done until some time toward the end of next week. So no shake down mid December. The thing that really sucks is that I will be gone for a week after that so it looks like a New Years shake down for now.

Some more pics of the interior. Still need to weld some tabs for the harnesses and do a little more clearance work around the shifters.

I like to party

It's coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.
    87 YJ, 4" spring under,35 mud, Dana 44 front eaton E-Locker, Ford 9" detroit locker, Flip dana 300, Fuel injected, Stroker motor, OBA, full roll cage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    Wanted to give some props to Paul at bent fab for loaning us his seat bender to make quick work of bending the seats for a perfect fit.

Also huge thanks to Orin at TAD shafts for building me some bad *** driveshafts and going out of his way to make sure they fit perfectly!!!

Thanks guys!!!
    Is that your GT-R?

97 Cherokee- NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r,chromos, trussed 8.8-30,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information