Thread: Table Mesa Rd - Monday 9/3

Table Mesa Rd - Monday 9/3

I'm heading up to Table Mesa Rd to help a buddy test out some recent upgrades to his rig. We'll be two jeeps at least and as many others here that would like to join. We're meeting at the gas station at Carefree Hwy/I-17 at 9AM. Plan is to roll east and head back down to Cave Creek but we're flexible.

Any intel on the trail is welcome. Its been a few years since I've been out there (before the closure).

- Greg

Re: Table Mesa Rd - Monday 9/3

More of a dirt road than a trail

Quote Originally Posted by ROXNMUD View Post
    More of a dirt road than a trail
    Well, that's disappointing. Anything near there that's worth getting to? Maybe to the West?

Quote Originally Posted by schwim View Post
    Well, that's disappointing. Anything near there that's worth getting to? Maybe to the West?
    There are tons of trails accessed from Table Mesa Road. Head to Little Pan staging area and check out the kiosk.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Table Mesa east of I-10 can change a lot, especially in the New River basin area, depending on the amount of rain the monsoon season brings. That said, its nothing like the west side, but can still be rugged in places requiring 4WL. Probably a good road for a shake down of new upgrades. Be aware, there is a stretch of that road that runs through State Trust land, which requires a permit (if you get stopped by a Ranger).

Thanks to all for the insight on the trail. We went out to the west side and had a blast. Never been over there before - good stuff!

We followed 9999 a bit then ran the first 2-3 obstacles of TV2. We turned back as the next obstacle reminded us clearly that all we had with us was a hi-lift jack and a few straps - no winch. We turned and followed our return plan to head towards Lake Pleasant and found the road closed so we rolled to a nearby pub for lunch. Thankfully the breakdown happened when we were almost home. Someone's TJ decided it didn't want to run anymore.

I'd really like to get back out there with some more experienced wheelers.

(I also need to get off my butt and get a winch.)

Thanks to all for the insight on the trail. We went out to the west side and had a blast. Never been over there before - good stuff!

We followed 9999 a bit then ran the first 2-3 obstacles of TV2. We turned back as the next obstacle reminded us clearly that all we had with us was a hi-lift jack and a few straps - no winch. We turned and followed our return plan to head towards Lake Pleasant and found the road closed so we rolled to a nearby pub for lunch. Thankfully the breakdown happened when we were almost home. Someone's TJ decided it didn't want to run anymore.

I'd really like to get back out there with some more experienced wheelers.

(I also need to get off my butt and get a winch.)
    TV2 is Lower Terminator. This would definitely be a challenge for newer folks. This is a common trail folks run. You could post up a run and ask for a leader who knows the trail. Depending what day, I could be available and willing to lead. Upper Terminator (TV3) had you gone a bit further on 9999 is a much more "get started" friendly. I use it to show folks introductory rock crawling. Maybe try that one first and build your experience/comfort level.

Glad your breakdown waited until pavement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Thanks. I may take you up on that.

The obstacles we did on TV2 were fine and similar to what we've done in the past. The obstacle we turned on I'd be willing to try but it felt like the right thing to want someone with more experience at hand to keep us from the harder learned lessons. The best run is the one that ends with a smile, yes?

Thanks. I may take you up on that.

The obstacles we did on TV2 were fine and similar to what we've done in the past. The obstacle we turned on I'd be willing to try but it felt like the right thing to want someone with more experience at hand to keep us from the harder learned lessons. The best run is the one that ends with a smile, yes?
    Smart to turn around when you weren't sure. And smiles...for days. :-)
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Thread Information