Thread: "suspension seats" are they better or hype?

"suspension seats" are they better or hype?

I am going to replace my aftermarket seats. I have been doing some internet research and some seats are qualified as 'suspension' seats. From one of the Corbeau descriptions: " Suspension seats are known for helping absorb the impact that your back usually endures while driving, especially over bumps both small and large." Does anyone have experience or opinions?
    82 Cherokee WT Ė SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Re: "suspension seats" are they better or hype?

Buy local and buy from Hunter Safety Products. I have one of Curtis's suspension seats in my TJ and its the most comfy suspension seat I've ever used/had. He's in buckeye. They are custom made to order with a wide variety of color choices and material and stitching. Here is his website.
    http://www.huntersafetyproducts.com/
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    Buy local and buy from Hunter Safety Products. I have one of Curtis's suspension seats in my TJ and its the most comfy suspension seat I've ever used/had. He's in buckeye. They are custom made to order with a wide variety of color choices and material and stitching. Here is his website.
    http://www.huntersafetyproducts.com/
    x2.

yes, much more comfy, Feel much less worn out after a long day on the trail.

I have Mastercraft seats, yes, my opinion they are worth the money. don't buy the cheap seats, my brother did and his are used up now.
    I used to worry about rich and skinny
    til I wound up poor and fat
    KE7VKY

BS Sand is in my CJ.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

I have run PRP and Mastercraft suspension seats. Both are excellent (personally preferred the PRPs); I will never spend another full day on trails in anything other than suspension seats. Feel better at end of day and way less beat up.

Well, sounds like a plan then. I need seats that recline and go forward for access so the Hunter seats are out.
    82 Cherokee WT Ė SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

I had em in my tj and they were great except for the climbing in and out!
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

"suspension seats" are they better or hype?

Suspensions seats are a great option and we have two local manufacturers of them. I own, prefer, and recommend BS Sand seats. You canít find a better, fully custom seat, for a better deal. The old beard racing seats Co., is now Hunter Safety and local, as well.

For most applications, suspension seats are comfortable and a good choice. They do have an issue though, that doesnít get mentioned often. This issue is the need to regularly tighten your harnesses, while in them. In racing applications, this is especially important. As you ride in a suspension seat, you sit/sink lower and lower, into the seat. This loosens the straps/harnesses and can be the cause of belt rash and injury, in an accident. For normal trail riding, itís not as much of an issue. Itís always a good idea to snug up your harnesses, regularly, when in a suspension seat. After Desert racing/Ultra4 racing and seeing what happens when rolling with loose harnesses, I feel it is worth sharing this warning. This issue is why quite a few racers choose to run a solid seat with padding, over a suspension seat.
    Last edited by Huck; 08-22-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Thanks Huck! That's good input. I am going to be trying out a 3 point harness to see if I like it or not so your advice is very timely.

I have 25 year old Beard seats in my pre-runner and for sure they help my back a bunch after a day or usually consecutive days in the dez! Spend some $$, you won't regret it.

Thread Information