Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubicon....the trail

Rubicon....the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    I swapped out the front coilovers with some new fox coilovers and they are dead silent. I didn't realize the old ones were making all the noises.
    Most folks donít realize that itís the sliders on their C/Oís squeaking. Itíll happen with heims, but most of the time itís the sliders. Dirt gets in between the slider and the shock body. Then, it starts squeaking. A favorite remedy is to hose the sliders down between runs. Some folks go the Ďlubeí route, but that can increase dirt build up. Odds are your new ones will get squeaky over time, due to the afore mentioned reason. When they do, clean your sliders. ; )

Have a great trip!!
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: Rubicon....the trail

Thanks for the info. I will do that on my rear coilovers cuz they are kinda squeeky too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Most folks donít realize that itís the sliders on their C/Oís squeaking. Itíll happen with heims, but most of the time itís the sliders. Dirt gets in between the slider and the shock body. Then, it starts squeaking. A favorite remedy is to hose the sliders down between runs. Some folks go the Ďlubeí route, but that can increase dirt build up. Odds are your new ones will get squeaky over time, due to the afore mentioned reason. When they do, clean your sliders. ; )

Have a great trip!!
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Interested to hear updates from yalls trip to the Rubicon. My wife and I are looking into planning a trip up there in 2020.

Sorry I keep meaning to get up pics, but keep forgetting.

Trail was a solid 2.5 with some play areas. Nothing too challenging, but tough enough to keep things interesting. My front locker has been giving me issues, so I did the trail with just the rear working. Neither of us had any issues (TJ on 35s and TJ on 37s).

Trail was very scenic and had great views. We had a decent amount of smoke lingering due to all the wildfires. Swimming in the different swimming holes was fun and a great way to clean off after a long day in the dirt. Having never been to Tahoe I really enjoyed the Lake and will go back with the family.

Its a great trail and there are lots of other areas to explore in the region, but its quite a drive. It took us 14-15 hours each way, which kinda stinks as you lose a whole day getting there and back. Ill be back for sure, but it wont be for a few years. Let me know if you have any specific questions and Ill try to answer.

Glad to hear you made it back safe. It’s definitely on my bucket list. Can’t wait to see pics!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information