Thread: Talk to Me About the JL

Talk to Me About the JL

Caveat: I have zero intention of trading in BoB. I will keep him as my harder stuff crawler. He is built, he performs perfectly, and he will pretty much walk over anything i point him at - he is a good boy!

I am considering buying a JLUR for a daily driver/baby tourist trail rig. What is the peanut gallery saying and thinking about the JL? Good, bad or otherwise. I've only seen a few on the trails and up close. Looking for any feedback. I don't plan to build up the rig hard core or anything, in fact, probably keep it bone stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Re: Talk to Me About the JL

If you are going to keep it stock get a a Tow rig that will do the same duties and haul BoB as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    If you are going to keep it stock get a a Tow rig that will do the same duties and haul BoB as needed.
    I think that is sound advice depending on what you want to do and what your interests are. I have a tow rig that does a nice job of pulling my TJ. But I rarely use it.

For ME there is something pretty cool about having a rig that you can just leave from the house. It's probably the single biggest reason I havent bought a razor. I'm betting it's also the reason many want more power from their rigs so getting to the trail would be more fun. A new JL stock is pretty darn capable and on road manners could make it the perfect rig. If my wife didnt come home and surprise me with her new car I'd probably have her in a JL.

Do it!!

Then report back with a review on it!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

probably keep it bone stock
    Now where have I heard that before and why am I doubting it would happen?

Any vehicle can get you from point A to point B, but a great vehicle gets you there with a smile on your face.

Buy a Corvette (or something like it) for your daily driver.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
    I am considering buying a JLUR for a daily driver/baby tourist trail rig. What is the peanut gallery saying and thinking about the JL? Good, bad or otherwise. I've only seen a few on the trails and up close. Looking for any feedback. I don't plan to build up the rig hard core or anything, in fact, probably keep it bone stock.
    I have a bone stock JKU that I daily drive, I've but almost 60,000 miles on it since it was new and its been a pretty good vehicle as the only time its been in the shop were for issues with the stereo.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Theres been a whole discussion on this in this thread
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...93837-JL-gross

All I know is I want one. I was drooling all over this one today with dealer installed lift, 35s and new Mopar bead locks. Makes me want to sell the Harley and trade the JK, but I probably won’t.

Name:  2DE939AD-9C6D-43F9-B4AC-293250AF0B02.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  153.5 KB

I was at the dealer because I bent my tie rod last weekend. I noticed the tie rod on the JL is larger. That’s a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
    Caveat: I have zero intention of trading in BoB. I will keep him as my harder stuff crawler. He is built, he performs perfectly, and he will pretty much walk over anything i point him at - he is a good boy!

I just got back from the dealership to buy those little snap on plastic thing-ez to hold the inner door skin on my TJ. Special order item!! While they were looking for them I got to talking to them and the one parts guy likes the JK's better then the JL and the TJ better then all of them. lol. More importantly both of them claim the deals on JK's will be MUCH better then the JL vehicles.

I recall the JL's are already 3k more then the JK's so the savings could be considerable.

Thread Information