Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Trailer! Read a few pages in here first....

Re: Looking for a Trailer! Read a few pages in here first....

ugh... frustrating... anyone around surprise free sunday around lunchtime that has something similar? I need to look at how angle iron trailers are made... is the entire thing angle iron except the damn tongue and how far it extends under the trailer?

I really need to just get my butt out and look at some trailers and better understand what I'm looking at. Phoenix trailer sales has some Texas Braggs 77"x14' for 2400 tax included, angle iron, but pipe top so its a little more rigid, drop gate ramp.

I'm pretty settled on tandam axle with a brake. I should go 14' not 12, but if a 16' is on sale I'll get that. No more than 16'.

I just cant decide if spending the money on going all tube is worth it, should I get a tube rail top and angle iron. I need to see the actual frame on a angle iron trailer
    Do I want a drop gate/ramp, would be simple and easy for the offroad toys but have to take it off to load the YJ cause it would bend it (but that's rare so no biggy).
    93' 2.5L YJ 8.8 4.88 33's E-Locker & LSD

WTB- co2 handle/valve guard for 5# tank.

Now that i think about it, it might be a 12 foot. Its a Load Trail, ive had it for about 10 years now.
    Its angle iron the whole way, saves weight compared to the ones with a full frame. I didnt want a heavy *** trailer since my truck is not a deisel and i didnt want to be towing a bunch of weight.
    The ramps tuck underneath in the back, that might be the only thing i dont like. If i park along the curb passenger side then sometimes i cant get the ramps out. Also eventually im gonna get old and wont be able to pull out and lift those ramps, they are heavy.
    No side rails, i dont mind, i dont see a benefit to having side rails. It has slots on the sides where i can fit a 2x4 and make my own side walls to hold in stuff.
    It has brakes also.
    Let me know if you need any other info.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IDK if anyone has said anything about looking at used trailers, or if it's something you would even want to consider, but if you keep your eyes open, you can find some good deals used. They don't come around very often but they are out there. After my hunt which included feedback from the board and stopping in and talking to several trailer sales places about new trailers, I ended up buying one off of CL. Ended up with a 1999 Carson 16 ft with dual 3,500lb quick lube axles (one with brakes), built in concealed / secure cargo area in the tongue and dovetail for $1,600. It came with ramps which I don't use because the dovetail is low enough for me to drive the YJ up on it when my tow rig's air suspension is set to max height. I've had it for about 9 months now and the only thing I've needed to do to it so far is stain the deck which cost me maybe $25. It wasn't in perfect condition but good enough to be worth the discount for buying used. The things to really watch out for when buying used is the quality and age of the tires, functional brakes and whether or not the axles are quick lube and in good condition.

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Here you go! Axles are little too far back, IMO. You would have to back the jeep on.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/t...641875297.html

Here is a nice one that has the axles in a better position.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/t...641660301.html
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

I'm not apposed to used...but don't want to buy used to save a few and end up with something too long or dove tailed. I'm figuring used will end up costing me a set of tires out of the gate.

Oh ok lethaljeep.... Is it all angle or is the square frame tube or anything? Stays pretty rigid?

Trailer place said drop gate ramp is 3500lb rated...so jeep could drive on it.

Gonna stop by ride now today and look at some just to look...they too spendy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information