Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for a Trailer! Read a few pages in here first....

Looking for a Trailer! Read a few pages in here first....

This trailer may be right up your alley.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483...69647316621819

Scott-after you lock your coupler, what do you do with your safety chains? Thieves will cross the safety chains, like you are supposed to do anyway, twist the chains up, attach them to their hitch, and drive off. You donít need to use the coupler to steal a trailer....
    Last edited by Huck; 07-23-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: Looking for a Trailer! Read a few pages in here first....

I watched a lot of different videos showing how easily most coupler locks were defeated (including one shown above), before I purchased mine. Iíll use this one as a simple demonstration because they break most of the bigger selling locks and the show their own. Yes, I own one of their locks, and yes, this compilation video helped to sell me on the purchase.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMu_GnNnnBE
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

If they want it bad enough they will get it. A member on here had his stolen and they used a battery powered grinder to cut off the locking device.

I dont lose sleep on mine. If it gets stolen Ill file a HO claim and pay my deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    This trailer may be right up your alley.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483...69647316621819

Scott-after you lock your coupler, what do you do with your safety chains? Thieves will cross the safety chains, like you are supposed to do anyway, twist the chains up, attach them to their hitch, and drive off. You need to use the coupler to steal a trailer....
    I do just leave the safety chains a-dangling. Had not heard about that. Wouldn't the trailer just slam into the back of their tow rig the first time they try to bring it to a stop?

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    I do just leave the safety chains a-dangling. Had not heard about that. Wouldn't the trailer just slam into the back of their tow rig the first time they try to bring it to a stop?

Scott
    Nope, not at all. Just have to twist the chains and tighten them up, before hooking up the trailer. Easy to drive off with it and only have an inch or two play in your chains.

Edit: check it out sometime. Iíve moved trailers, this way, in the past. The whole idea of crossing your chains is to keep the coupler from dragging on the ground. Tighten up the chains and they tow pretty well.

I thought about the chains too.... Their product is nice but wonder why the lock is aluminum...that'd be where I pry or angle grind.

I'm going with a wheel boot or two (that covers lug nuts)... And I'll pick up some kind of hitch lock like tree killer.
    I haven't decided how I'm gonna secure the chains yet... Not sure if removable chains are allowed or not per dot, but looking through products still...not wanting to eat that 250$ pill yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
    I thought about the chains too.... Their product is nice but wonder why the lock is aluminum...that'd be where I pry or angle grind.

I'm going with a wheel boot or two (that covers lug nuts)... And I'll pick up some kind of hitch lock like tree killer.
    I haven't decided how I'm gonna secure the chains yet... Not sure if removable chains are allowed or not per dot, but looking through products still...not wanting to eat that 250$ pill yet.
    The puck is aluminum, but not the locking mechanism inside of the puck. Actually it has a 7 pin locking mechanism, that is very tough to pick. It would take quite a bit of time to try to grind through the puck and the hardened steel surrounding it. You wonít get a pry bar inside there to try to pry it off, either. That said, I did state it wasnít the cheapest option. It is easy to use, the new version(one beyond the one in the video) is even better executed, with slots in the rear of the lock, for a better interlock between the two parts.
    I donít lose sleep with this lock and nothing else.

Iíve never actually seen anyone use a boot, in real life. Not even when parked in their driveway. Iím sure folks do, but in all my years of using trailers and hauling to the trail, Iíve just never seen one used.

What did you think of the trailer I shared, above? It has your lift gate and other features you mentioned wanting, earlier in your thread. Price seemed quite decent for an asking price.

I'm still waiting to hear back... I saw it in the trailer page. For that price the extra width is fine and probably it's including the fenders made to drive over.
    One pic makes hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear back... I saw it in the trailer page. For that price the extra width is fine and probably it's including the fenders made to drive over.
    One pic makes hard to see.

Good luck! Agree about the 1 pic...

craigslist searching shows he's had it for sale for about a 3-4 days... started at 2400, then 2000.... now 1800. Must really need to get the buggy fixed or messed it up loading a boat ON ITS TRAILER onto this trailer LOL.

Getting more info before making that trek ...
    93' 2.5L YJ 8.8 4.88 33's E-Locker & LSD

WTB- co2 handle/valve guard for 5# tank.

From the Powerstrokes of Arizona Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Powe...96484847144234

Anthony Foster
    18 hrs
    2018 Texoma Car hauler
    $2,200
    Peoria, AZ
    1 left in stock:
    2018 18ft wood floor with steel dovetail car hauler, has dual 3500# axles with single axle electric brake, led lights, bulldog coupler, 5ft ramps that slide in underneath. Trailer has the wood decking stained and water proofed. Price is out the door ready to go!

-- what do you do to seal your deck? really considering the diesel(gas???) and motor oil option. any truth to trans fluid?

So finally picked up a trailer LOL...2 months later.

2004 carson 16'x82' tandem axle with a brake. pipe top, 7k gwvr, and heavy duty gate...the gate is heavy as frak, but itll handle the YJ no problem. I think next week ill take the YJ to the dump to get it weighed.

needs a couple things, but small stuff. one of those being sealing the deck... once it all dries out now.

other ones I liked sold too fast and new ones were too spendy for not much to offer. Out of state didn't offer much help for what I was after except Lamar brand, but that was about another 700$
    93' 2.5L YJ 8.8 4.88 33's E-Locker & LSD

WTB- co2 handle/valve guard for 5# tank.

That's a long trailer!! LOL

Congrats!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Lmao! I mean 82" inches damn it...inches!

I may keep my eye out for a cheap hand crank winch for the gate too...gawd darn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information