Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Re: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    I dont see a few days of rain making a difference on a drought thats lasted months. They need consistent rain for weeks to make a big difference on the overall conditions.
    Agree with you there, but we are actually a few weeks out. Just wishful thinking that this kicks things off and they get a few weeks of afternoon rain. It will take a lot less moisture to open things up around there than it will for the AZ mountains in comparison.

Rain is coming (hopefully)

Name:  3591135_1280x720.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  192.9 KB
    RockKrawling is not a Crime !

Fingers crossed. There are a couple lined up below baja.

Am in the Ouray KOA from 6/28 -to- 7/16. Usual Jeeping of the scenic trails, and taking a two wheeler (NO Bicycles for this guy LOL... I'll have one with an engine... ), in order to catch a few days of scenic motorbiking as well...

Making NO changes to plans... Remain hopeful that the forecast rains will be sufficient to keep any currently open trails open, and hopefully relax the stage 3 restrictions now in place for those currently not open.
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Saw video online of a big rain yesterday in Silverton. Yeah. Maybe they will be able to contain that fire.

We have officially cancelled our plans due to the air quality and forest closure. Instead we are headed to the Black Hills, SD.

Looks like conditions around Durango are improving, so I hope others can enjoy it!

We have officially cancelled our plans due to the air quality and forest closure. Instead we are headed to the Black Hills, SD.

Looks like conditions around Durango are improving, so I hope others can enjoy it!
    I love the Black Hills and you are getting there, at a good time. Sturgis vendors will be working their way into Sturgis, but the ‘ramp up’ is still a few weeks away. Great wheeling out there too! They have some real nasty trails, if you are built for it. I used to ride to Sturgis, every other year, for a couple of decades, before life got in the way. Lol.

Enjoy! My rig goes under the knife, today, but we are still heading up, as of now. We will start up North-Billings, 21 Road, Gypsum trails and work our way into Silverton, for the parade. Then, we’ll either hit Montrose or head back up for a couple of days at Holy Cross.

Safe travels and have fun up there!
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

One of my favorite areas to wheel. Very green and big hills, beautiful area and some of the best all around wheeling you find. Oh, lots of poison ivy fyi
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Barry/Huck: Care to share any 3.0 or lower trails in the area?

We are still planning on Gunnison in 3 weeks. All should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry@4Wheeler's Supply View Post
    One of my favorite areas to wheel. Very green and big hills, beautiful area and some of the best all around wheeling you find. Oh, lots of poison ivy fyi
    I was born and raised in the black hills, from Deadwood! Crazy part is I never got into off-roading until I moved here. This will be my first time Wheeling back there and cannot wait. My parents live across the road from the camp5 trailhead so we're literally 30 seconds away from all the good stuff. I love the black hills and thankful I grew up there but I could never live there again. I love the amenities of the city. That place turns to a ghost town in the winter. Tourist season is over and it's cold and sleepy until spring time. Owning a summer home there may be an option though! Spend my winter's here lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

I will contact my buddy Pat who lives there and get info. He may even join you all as a guide. Has a buggy and nice JK.
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

I will contact my buddy Pat who lives there and get info. He may even join you all as a guide. Has a buggy and nice JK.
    Thank you Barry!

Awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Looks like Barry has you covered. Enjoy!!
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information