Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

We are hitting SW Colorado for the week of the 4th of July. Havent decided specific dates on wheeling, but planning on hitting some breweries, wheeling, mountain biking, etc. Very beautiful areas with scenic runs. Will hit Black Beak for sure.

We have a VRBO near Purgatory, but there's tons of camping available in the area.

Anyone want to come up and join us? Stock or modified rigs ok.

1. Estrada TJ on 35s
    2. Matrix311 TJ on37s

Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Weíll be in the area over the same time period. We stay in Silverton and will be a part of the Silverton 4th of July parade. Itís an annual thing for us. If you have an interest in being in the parade with us, let me know. We have a blast with it. (Just need to decorate your rig, buy some beads and candy to toss out)

Weíll be in Silverton, late on 7/2 through 7/4. We will be pulling out for more wheeling on 7/5. Not sure if we are wheeling the GJ trails like 21rd on 7/1 or not. 7/5 May be Imogene before we head over to meet some of the HCR in Montrose or we will drive up to Gypsum and play on the middle trails and Ten Falls again.

Outside of our time in Silverton, we are flexible. Iíve been doing the 4th, there, with a friends for over a decade. Some of the HCR will be doing Ďmoderateí trails in Montrose, while others will join us on Death Row and Boulder Canyon.

Silverton parade:

In case you wanted to explore a little North of there, hereís two videos.
    This is of Ten Falls, in Gypsum. This is one of the tougher trails in CO and worth the trip up. This was run on our last day there, so the C/O sliders were really squeaking on my rig.... only could find a FB link to my original YouTube video:
    Edit-not happy with the FB link. Will look for another link.

This is of Holy Cross. Itís a beautiful area. It makes for a great day of trail riding and hiking. YouTube link:
    https://youtu.be/om45vkz7YlA

Would love to meet up at some point during the week. We head for home, Saturday, 7/7. Funny thing is that you are staying near the Old School House. (Good Za and you can find some Huck money on the ceiling). The funny part is that we will be camping with the owners, in Silverton. We meet up with a lot of Durango and Silverton locals, when we are there. Iíve got friends in both places and connections with Purg, too. Were you planning on biking the mountain?

Two pics from Montrose.
    Death Row

Sunset after running Die Trying.
    Last edited by Huck; 06-04-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Thanks Huck. We will have our families (2 small children and a pregnant with us so we will be watching you in the parade and doing more scenic runs. We have talked about doing some harder trails with the guys only so hoping we can meet up with you (not sure our baby rigs can handle the these trails). We will know more as we get closer, just wanted to get this out there in case others wanted to join. Thank you for the offers!

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    Thanks Huck. We will have our families (2 small children and a pregnant with us so we will be watching you in the parade and doing more scenic runs. We have talked about doing some harder trails with the guys only so hoping we can meet up with you (not sure our baby rigs can handle the these trails). We will know more as we get closer, just wanted to get this out there in case others wanted to join. Thank you for the offers!
    Copy. Same here. Truly, outside of the parade we are totally flexible. Although, I do want to wheel with a few folks... itís an Anniversary trip for Kelly and I. I brought her here, over the 4th, when we first started dating. Weíll see what shapes up and make sure to toss some beads and candy to you and the fam.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

looks fun, cant wait!
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

More of Huck's pics from a few years ago showing the scenery:
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...ight=silverton

We will be in Ouray from July 1-8. Leaving the buggy at home and taking the LJ to run the semicolon passes. Iím sure we will catch up with Huck at some point and we will probably do som downhill MB at purgatory one day. There is a large group that stays at the KOA in Ouray and runs trails every day. We will have to keep in touch and hopefully all get a run in!
    I like to party

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    We will be in Ouray from July 1-8. Leaving the buggy at home and taking the LJ to run the semicolon passes. I’m sure we will catch up with Huck at some point and we will probably do som downhill MB at purgatory one day. There is a large group that stays at the KOA in Ouray and runs trails every day. We will have to keep in touch and hopefully all get a run in!
    When you say downhill MB do you mean downhill mountain biking? If so, Adam and I are both bringing our mountain bikes and plan on getting a lift pass to do some downhill action at Purgatory! Lets make it happen if thats the case. Trail beers are a blast!

Our VRBO is right next to Purgatory.

Again, guys, may I remind you that I know folks who work at Purg. Like lots of them... Don't know if I can swing you free lift passes, but I can inquire about discounted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Again, guys, may I remind you that I know folks who work at Purg. Like lots of them... Don't know if I can swing you free lift passes, but I can inquire about discounted ones.
    That would be totally rad! (Insert MTB lingo). Thanks man

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Ask them about the fire situation. Saw a little on tv but they aren't giving it much coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by ehall View Post
    Ask them about the fire situation. Saw a little on tv but they aren't giving it much coverage.
    I know a lot about it. Iíve been getting daily updates, including pics. One of the Undertakers, is driving back now, with his daughter. She is living a mile away from the flames. Planning to return in a few weeks.
    Started by the train and it just keeps growing.

Hereís link to a time lapse series of photos, itís on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/FourCorners...1944839132765/

Ive been following up on the fire daily too. Its quite sad.
    Last edited by Estrada; 06-07-2018 at 11:53 AM.

It looks like it is near Hermosa?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information