Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Re: Silverton, CO 7/1-7/7

Quote Originally Posted by Barry@4Wheeler's Supply View Post
    I will contact my buddy Pat who lives there and get info. He may even join you all as a guide. Has a buggy and nice JK.
    Ask your buddy if he knows randy lepthian. He's a big jeep guy that helps out with the jamboree and Dakota territory challenge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    Ask your buddy if he knows randy lepthian. He's a big jeep guy that helps out with the jamboree and Dakota territory challenge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I am sure they know each other. Pat Helgeson also helps out with the event and is a club member. Great event for those that don't mind the travel.
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Might as well keep this thread going for those still doing CO that week.

I've been reading reports daily up there. Good news, the rain last weekend stomped the fire down and it has shown zero growth since the weekend. It's not out, but down to a smolder within the existing fire area. They reported a blue bird day yesterday with no visible smoke. They are cautious for this next week as things are drying out, but expect monsoon activity late next week.

If I had to bet, I'd say the San Juan Forest closure will last through a few weeks into July. Even if they get moisture, they will have some cleanup and assessment to get through before widespread access is granted again.

Pending no new closures over the next week, conditions should be pretty normal and awesome. Post up if anyone has any new news.
    Last edited by Begz; 06-20-2018 at 07:43 AM.

I spoke too soon:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sanju...d=FSEPRD584315

San Juan opens back up tomorrow. Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Begz View Post
    I spoke too soon:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sanju...d=FSEPRD584315

San Juan opens back up tomorrow. Great news.
    Lot of lost income and pressure to reopen for tourism. Unfortunately we already changed plans and flights so no San Juans for us this year. Next year for sure!

Made it to CO. First night in Rangely camp.

yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

We dont leave till friday. Post up if you have any rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Made it to CO. First night in Rangely camp.

Have a great time! We will be sure to save some of the heat for when you get back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Weather is GREAT up here. Rain nearly every day for the past 10-12 days. In Ouray from 6-28 until this morning. Will be in Silverton for a week (voilunteering/working with the San Juan Historical Society on train related stuff), then on to Gunnison for a final week of Jeeping. We are LOVING being out of the heat for a bit.

Am thinking that this retirement gig is the BEST one I've EVER had... LOL....
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Quote Originally Posted by ob1jeeper View Post
    Weather is GREAT up here. Rain nearly every day for the past 10-12 days. In Ouray from 6-28 until this morning. Will be in Silverton for a week (voilunteering/working with the San Juan Historical Society on train related stuff), then on to Gunnison for a final week of Jeeping. We are LOVING being out of the heat for a bit.

Am thinking that this retirement gig is the BEST one I've EVER had... LOL....
    Sounds like youíre having fun! Sorry we missed your group and saying Howdy to you, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Sounds like you’re having fun! Sorry we missed your group and saying Howdy to you, this year.
    Thanks Huck... We are having a BLAST ...

No worries on the missed connections. We understand the limited time available those still having a job, have when on Vacay... One of these days in the not-to-distant future I trust you guys will get to enjoy the leisure that comes with retirement as well...
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Quote Originally Posted by ob1jeeper View Post
    Thanks Huck... We are having a BLAST ...

No worries on the missed connections. We understand the limited time available those still having a job, have when on Vacay... One of these days in the not-to-distant future I trust you guys will get to enjoy the leisure that comes with retirement as well...
    Thank you for understanding. Working on the not-too-distant future, currently. Thanks for the chuckle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information