Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    2,424

    Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Meetup: Daisy Mountain gas station at I-17 and Daisy Mountain 9 am Sunday June 3. Roll out PROMPTLY 9:30.

    Requirements: this is strictly dirt road so none.

    Effective June 1, the Back Way to Crown King Trail is OFFICIALLY CLOSED due to fire danger. The FRONT way in off I-17 down a buncha miles of bumpy dirt road remains OPEN.

    The folks who live in Crown King depend on the trail crowd for what is probably the vast majority of their economy. Losing the trail folks is going to hurt them - a lot! The trail crowd is what enables them to make a living and support their families! And who knows how long the closure will remain in place.

    Let's do our part and stand behind the town that has so graciously welcomed us time and time again. Oh and did I mention its going to be HOT here - it will be gorgeous weather up in the cool pines! They have food and drink and FUDGE and ICE CREAM and some cool Jeep shirts and stuff at the general store.

    I am cross-posting this run a few places to get as many folks as we can up there! Maybe I will do it every weekend until restrictions are lifted. I know I can't single handedly save the town, but if every member here makes a concerted effort to make it up the front way with or without a "run" or even with another group - that would be the best way to thank the folks in CK for their gracious hospitality they have always shown us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

    2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

    QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Anthem
    Posts
    576

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    This sounds like a great idea. I can’t help but wonder though if they’re looking forward to a quiet weekend for once.

    Are you coordinating with anyone up there? I’m just wondering if they’ll be prepared for a crowd.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Ive actually seen a few locals posting around to ask folks to come and remind us the town itself isnt shut down.

    I don't think we will get like hundreds of Jeeps. If it starts getting huge I will give them a heads up. But think about it: however many folks normally make it up there the back way - there will be ZERO of them there since there is no "back way" for now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

    2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

    QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Anthem
    Posts
    576

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Ok. Count me in. I’ll spread the word.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    I don't know if I can join in an organized run but I will talk to the friends about heading up there, spending some money in town and doing a camping trip. I can leave the jeep at home and travel in luxury! Thanks for letting us know. Bummer the back way is closed.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    Ok. Count me in. I’ll spread the word.
    Awesome! See you Sunday. The folks on CK FaceBook have assured me there is fudge and ice cream to be had!
    Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    I don't know if I can join in an organized run but I will talk to the friends about heading up there, spending some money in town and doing a camping trip. I can leave the jeep at home and travel in luxury! Thanks for letting us know. Bummer the back way is closed.
    Great plan! I've got a ton of PTO to burn, a night or two in the cabins may be a nice getaway. But I will talk to them - I suspect summer months book up well in advance, but wonder if the closure will cause cancellations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

    2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

    QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    West Valley
    Posts
    34

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Is Senator Highway to Prescott closed too?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Mountain
    Posts
    9,886

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaknNotStirred View Post
    Is Senator Highway to Prescott closed too?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No. The closure line follows Senator Highway on that route with a 300 ft easement. It is open to vehicular traffic, but FS has asked that people not "recreate" more than 300 ft from the road.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    I assume fire restrictions are in effect at the top as well? I like a fire when I camp. Propane still okay?
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ahwatukee
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    I assume fire restrictions are in effect at the top as well? I like a fire when I camp. Propane still okay?
    Is camping at the top allowed with the closure?

    Im busy this weekend, but could go up next weekend possibly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Phoenix
    Posts
    533

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Propane still okay?
    Yup

    Stage II fire restrictions prohibit the following:

    Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire, including fires in developed campgrounds and improved sites.
    Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
    Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
    Operating any internal combustion engine between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Chain saws must have an operational spark arresting device.
    Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.


    Exemptions to the restrictions include the following:

    Using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.
    Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle (enclosed RV cabinet) or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator.
    Operating motorized vehicles in compliance with forest Travel Management regulations.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Anthem
    Posts
    576

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    I’ve got six more signed up so far.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    I’ve got six more signed up so far.
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

    2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

    QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Support the Town of Crown King Run - Sunday June 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Begz View Post
    Yup

    Stage II fire restrictions prohibit the following:

    Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire, including fires in developed campgrounds and improved sites.
    Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
    Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
    Operating any internal combustion engine between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Chain saws must have an operational spark arresting device.
    Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.


    Exemptions to the restrictions include the following:

    Using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.
    Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle (enclosed RV cabinet) or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator.
    Operating motorized vehicles in compliance with forest Travel Management regulations.
    Thanks! I will have to decide if I want to go camping with my lawyer or not. lol.

    Seriously, I get the restrictions, we have to be careful out there.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 25 guests)

  1. davids,
  2. Twindoc

Similar Threads

  1. Crown King - Saturday June 11 NEWBIE/STOCK RIG FRIENDLY
    By willygoat in forum Moderate Runs (2.5 - 3.5)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 04:20 PM
  2. Crown King loop (back way up, front out) on Monday June 9
    By calvarez in forum Moderate Runs (2.5 - 3.5)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 09:57 PM
  3. Anyone for Crown King this Sunday 2/24 ??
    By 4wheelinHawkeye in forum Moderate Runs (2.5 - 3.5)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 03:45 AM
  4. Crown King Day Trip - June 25th
    By Jeepentj in forum Moderate Runs (2.5 - 3.5)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
  5. crown king anyone?? for 1-30-11 sunday?
    By YOURWHATHURTS in forum Moderate Runs (2.5 - 3.5)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •