Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dead in flag

Re: Dead in flag

Couple of years ago, my parents went up to Moab with their Jeep and 5th wheel and his Cummins dropped a valve about 50 miles from Moab. I had to borrow my father-in-law's 3/4 ton Chevy and put it on my flatbed and towed it up, then I got to pull my parents 5th wheel and Jeep back. But least my parents still got to go on some trips up there.
    2013 JKU RUBICON 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Wife's DD
    2003 TJ Rubicon: Trailer queen
    1990 XJ: Somewhere in Mesa

Picking the truck up from the shop today. It passed all tests flawlessly. The owner put 250 miles on it without a hiccup. Headed to Flag today to get my trailer. We will see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    Headed to Flag today to get my trailer. We will see how it goes!
    I guess I should have told you that I could have easily gotten your trailer to Camp Verde to save you a 100 miles. I have employees that drive from Camp Verde to Flagstaff everyday. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aribelin View Post
    I guess I should have told you that I could have easily gotten your trailer to Camp Verde to save you a 100 miles. I have employees that drive from Camp Verde to Flagstaff everyday. My bad.
    No worries. Kenny wants to show me his Jeep and I owe him dinner at a minimum. I was too stressed and tired last week and just wanted to get home.

Picking the truck up from the shop today. It passed all tests flawlessly. The owner put 250 miles on it without a hiccup. Headed to Flag today to get my trailer. We will see how it goes!
    No problem found? Did you put the tuner back on it or leave the stock tune in?

Drove back to Flag last night and had the same issues but was able to limp it home. Did some diagnosis with the shop on the phone and it appears to be the tune causing the issue. What happening is that the idle is dropping really low and the truck is stumbling. The reason I get nothing with the gas pedal is that the drive by wire system is killing the pedal due to the low idle. When I was fully loaded I didnt have enough power at idle to pull everything. I had to drop to 4 lo multiple times last night to pull the empty flatbed. Once its moving it seems to run fine. Seems like its not adjusting for the altitude. My barometric pressure sensor is reading correctly, so thats where the tune appears to be the culprit. Ive also towed up the hill many times and the only thing I have changed is the new tune.

The good news is that he shop is standing behind their work and is making it right. The shop owner already said he may drive my truck up to Flag with his laptop to figure out whats going on. Also offered to reimburse for my tow bill if the tune was the issue. Ill keep updating as I get it figured out and Ill post the shop info.

I cant run the stock tune, as I have all the emissions pulled off. Computer puts it into limp mode and I get 40 CEL codes since everything is disconnected.

Just relieved its appears to not be a major failure. I was thinking it could be the tranny, which is $$$.
    Last edited by Estrada; 04-26-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Sounds like a great shop. Care to share the name?
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Sounds like a great shop. Care to share the name?
    I will share once this is all resolved to satisfaction.

Good news! Hopefully they get it fully resolved soon and cover that tow bill!
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    Good news! Hopefully they get it fully resolved soon and cover that tow bill!
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

In your shoes I'd just be happy to have a shop stand behind their work that closely, the tow bill being icing on the cake. Hope they get you squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by IOwnCalculus View Post
    In your shoes I'd just be happy to have a shop stand behind their work that closely, the tow bill being icing on the cake. Hope they get you squared away.
    I cant agree more. Once this is resolved I will be recommending them to all.

Update: My issue has been 100% resolved with an updated tune. Looks like the idle was set too low on the tune and it was stumbling and with the high altitude conditions.

The name of the shop is One Stop Truck Shop. They have been very helpful getting me fixed. The stood behind the tune they sold me, by providing hours of diagnostic at no charge, replaced lost fuel when they had the truck for diagnostic, provided an updated tune within required time frame, offered to go to Flagstaff and get my trailer, and have reimbursed for towing expenses. I highly recommend them as they have earned my business.

Blog Entries

Update: My issue has been 100% resolved with an updated tune. Looks like the idle was set too low on the tune and it was stumbling and with the high altitude conditions.

The name of the shop is One Stop Truck Shop. They have been very helpful getting me fixed. The stood behind the tune they sold me, by providing hours of diagnostic at no charge, replaced lost fuel when they had the truck for diagnostic, provided an updated tune within required time frame, offered to go to Flagstaff and get my trailer, and have reimbursed for towing expenses. I highly recommend them as they have earned my business.
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out! One Stop Truck Shop sounds amazing!
    I hope you aren't still contemplating getting rid the the TJ.....

97 Cherokee- NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r,chromos, trussed 8.8-30,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information