Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Canyon Corridor Travel Management Plan and EA

Hybrid View

Black Canyon Corridor Travel Management Plan and EA

We need people to show up!

The first meeting will be held May 2, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Deer Valley Community Center located at 2001 W. Wahalla Lane, in Phoenix, Ariz. The second meeting will be held May 3, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Mayer High School (old library) located at 17300 E. Mule Deer Dr., in Spring Valley, Ariz.
    https://www.blm.gov/press-release/tw...anagement-plan

You can see the maps here. I'm not sure, but in the past red lines represent closed trails. Probably not on these maps. If it did, you wouldn't be able to get to bumble bee. They even have the black top road red!

Click to download the zip file and then open the google earth maps.

https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-...tPageId=117232
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 04-19-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Re: Black Canyon Corridor Travel Management Plan and EA

Thanks for the heads up. I normally get emails about these meetings but I haven't seen one yet.
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

BB TMP Ďreviewí meetings

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Hassayampa Field Office will hold two public meetings in early-May to gather public input on the draft Black Canyon Corridor Travel Management Plan and Environmental Assessment. The documents will be released on April 23, 2018 for 30-days public review and input.

The first meeting will be held May 2, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Deer Valley Community Center located at 2001 W. Wahalla Lane, in Phoenix, Arizona. The second meeting will be held May 3, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Mayer High School (old library) located at 17300 E. Mule Deer Drive, in Spring Valley, Arizona.

ďThe purpose of travel management planning is to ensure the availability of appropriate access to and across public lands for a variety of uses. Public input up to and beyond this point is key to the success of our planning,Ē said BLM Phoenix District Manger Leon Thomas.

The plan encompasses the communities of Black Canyon City, Mayer, New River and Dewey-Humboldt in Yavapai and Maricopa counties, covering the Upper Agua Fria River, Bumble Bee and Lower Black Canyon Trail travel management areas.

At the open house-style meetings, maps of the travel network alternatives will be available for review and BLM staff will be available to answer questions and receive comments.

The 30-day public comment period is from April 23 until May 22.

Stakeholders are encouraged to submit their comments for the record through the BLM online land use planning tool, ePlanning, at the following Internet address: https://go.usa.gov/xnp5H. Written comments may be mailed to the Hassayampa Field Office, 21605 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix, Arizona 85027, faxed to (623) 580-5580, or emailed to blkcanyon@blm.gov.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Merged OTR and Huck's threads on the same subject. Huck has been a part of this for a long time, but OTR's thread came first this time haha.

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Merged OTR and Huck's threads on the same subject. Huck has been a part of this for a long time, but OTR's thread came first this time haha.

Scott
    Too funny. Didnít catch Dougís post. Thanks Scott and thank you, Doug!
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

I looked to see if you had started one Huck. I knew you would! Figured I'd beat you this time.

The important thing that I just learned from the last meeting is no trails will be designated in washes. Keep a close eye on that. The hassayampa district may be doing it differently for the trails near BB, but the lower sonoran is holding firm.

I'm going to try to make one of these meetings.

Take a hard look at their maps. There has to be something wrong. There's no way the bladed road can be closed!!??

I canít seem to get the map to open on my iPhone or my Mac. Hope to see some of you next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to party

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    I can’t seem to get the map to open on my iPhone or my Mac. Hope to see some of you next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here.

See ya at the meeting.
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

When I open their maps on my home PC it slows everything down. I was working on comments for the lower sonoran last night and had to walk away and let it load completely. Even then, it was slow to maneuver around. I suggest you use a PC to look it over.

As I looked at the maps last night I could get a feel for their agenda. It's not good for us.

I can get the maps to open fine on Google Earth but I question the data. Is there any other maps?

I loaded Alt A-E on Google Maps. I left Alt A on (all Purple) and toggled thru the other alternatives. Does not look good at all. It appears Chucky is open on Alt E with the 2 saw trails, and then not on the other alternatives. Don't see Pet open on any of the alternatives let alone the other harder trails in the area. Man I hope I am reading this wrong.

Also read https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-...4232018_v3.pdf Use Ctl-F and do a search on TVS or Rock Crawling.
    I plan on making the Mayer one.
    Last edited by zman; 04-25-2018 at 03:16 PM.

I spoke with Jeff Gursh this morning, on my drive back from the NORRA 1000. There is a bunch of stuff going on with the BLM and we do need to attend these meetings. We spoke about several things, including these meetings and the Buckeye Hills issues. I learned the reasons that a lot of the single track was lost out there and some of it was tied to a mountain biker dragging a tire around the area creating new single track. Sadly that affected both non motorized and motorized single track.

There is no closures of washes or wash access to our trails around Phoenix. That issue/policy is solely effecting the office that oversees the areas around the Waterwheel. They have nothing to do with our office and their outlook on motorized use/access.

Worst news of all is that Jeff will not have a job after 5/11. The governor will be taking our money from the OHV fund, that we paid for, and giving it to the teachers. More people were found running a closed trail, on private property. This trail has been closed for many years and for some reason, word has gotten out that Twisted is open. It isnít... hasnít been for 8+ years.
    The people getting found out there are hurting our trail access and costing me time/money. A group of us, now has to change work days around and work on barricading the entrance.

What a lot of folks, including me, didnít know is that Jeff paid a lot of money out of his own pocket, for our OHV lobbyist to do his job. That is now ending.

Iíll follow up with Jeff tomorrow. I should be getting his notated maps and notes about the upcoming plan/s. Iíll share what I find out.

Speak up. Tell friends. Show up at the meetings. Also, if anyone hears anyone else talk about running Twisted, tell them itís closed and has never been reopened. It is on the corner of someoneís property and is NOT public access. If they have issues or want to argue, please put them in contact with me.

See yíall Tuesday.

Thanks Huck for posting this. I tried but couldn't come close to saying what you just did. Thanks for taking the time after your long week in Mexico.

Folks this is important! Please show up at the meeting Tuesday, and send in your comments. I'll be there to support our cause. Will you??
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    I spoke with Jeff Gursh this morning, on my drive back from the NORRA 1000. There is a bunch of stuff going on with the BLM and we do need to attend these meetings. We spoke about several things, including these meetings and the Buckeye Hills issues. I learned the reasons that a lot of the single track was lost out there and some of it was tied to a mountain biker dragging a tire around the area creating new single track. Sadly that affected both non motorized and motorized single track.

There is no closures of washes or wash access to our trails around Phoenix. That issue/policy is solely effecting the office that oversees the areas around the Waterwheel. They have nothing to do with our office and their outlook on motorized use/access.

Worst news of all is that Jeff will not have a job after 5/11. The governor will be taking our money from the OHV fund, that we paid for, and giving it to the teachers. More people were found running a closed trail, on private property. This trail has been closed for many years and for some reason, word has gotten out that Twisted is open. It isn’t... hasn’t been for 8+ years.
    The people getting found out there are hurting our trail access and costing me time/money. A group of us, now has to change work days around and work on barricading the entrance.

What a lot of folks, including me, didn’t know is that Jeff paid a lot of money out of his own pocket, for our OHV lobbyist to do his job. That is now ending.

I’ll follow up with Jeff tomorrow. I should be getting his notated maps and notes about the upcoming plan/s. I’ll share what I find out.

Speak up. Tell friends. Show up at the meetings. Also, if anyone hears anyone else talk about running Twisted, tell them it’s closed and has never been reopened. It is on the corner of someone’s property and is NOT public access. If they have issues or want to argue, please put them in contact with me.

See y’all Tuesday.
    This is sad news. I've met Jeff a few times. It is a loss losing an advocate.

While I totally support teachers, why are they taking OHV money of all things? Political play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post

While I totally support teachers, why are they taking OHV money of all things? Political play?
    Jeff gave of himself and gave multiple thousands of dollars, each year to help lobby the state government for us.

The simple reasons why are that the OHV fund has $$$ in it and Ducey feels itís an easy way to get the needed funds. The OHV community doesnít organize and rally to fight the way other groups do. For example, #redfored. He doesnít see us ever mounting an effort like the teaches did. Sadly, Ducey is probably right in that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post

Worst news of all is that Jeff will not have a job after 5/11. The governor will be taking our money from the OHV fund, that we paid for, and giving it to the teachers. More people were found running a closed trail, on private property. This trail has been closed for many years and for some reason, word has gotten out that Twisted is open. It isnít... hasnít been for 8+ years.

What a lot of folks, including me, didnít know is that Jeff paid a lot of money out of his own pocket, for our OHV lobbyist to do his job. That is now ending.

Iíll follow up with Jeff tomorrow. I should be getting his notated maps and notes about the upcoming plan/s. Iíll share what I find out.

Speak up. Tell friends. Show up at the meetings. Also, if anyone hears anyone else talk about running Twisted, tell them itís closed and has never been reopened. It is on the corner of someoneís property and is NOT public access. If they have issues or want to argue, please put them in contact with me.

See yíall Tuesday.
    What a rollercoaster this has been, with Jeff himself announcing just a couple months ago that Ducey had backed off on his first attempt this year to sweep the fund. And now it turns out that the pressure from redfored pushed him back into that corner.

It's terrible news that Jeff will no longer be doing what he has done so well for so many years, and it's also terrible to know that this is almost certainly a long term / permanent redirection of the OHV fund dollars. Anything to avoid raising taxes to pay teachers.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information