Thread: Moab Trail Recommendations

Blog Entries

Moab Trail Recommendations

I am looking into going to Moab at the end of summer when the weather cools down. I am looking for some trail recommendations in the 6-7 range. I have a 4.5" LA lift, sliders/skids, locked F/R on 33's (and a light bar ). Looking for some harder trails but if an easier one is really cool, I am definitely open to run it. I have never been before and want to make the most of a trip. Would probably go for two days of wheeling. Let me know your favorites and why you liked them. Thank you.

97 Cherokee with NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r, trussed 8.8,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom rock sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

Re: Moab Trail Recommendations

Hell’s Revenge is a must if you’ve never been. All slickrock. Moab Rim, Poison Spider and Golden Spike are popular and mostly slickrock. Try Pritchett Canyon for more of a challenge. It’s a mix of slickrock and rock climbing. I never did Cliffhanger but hear it’s really fun too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    Hell’s Revenge is a must if you’ve never been. All slickrock. Moab Rim, Poison Spider and Golden Spike are popular and mostly slickrock. Try Pritchett Canyon for more of a challenge. It’s a mix of slickrock and rock climbing. I never did Cliffhanger but hear it’s really fun too.
    Did you do Pritchett Canyon? RR4x4 says its a 9/10. I will have to watch a few videos and see if I think I can attempt it.

97 Cherokee with NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r, trussed 8.8,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom rock sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

We did three during EJS, Hells Revenge, Poison Spyder and Kane Creek. That is the order I would rate them from. Hells revenge is really cool. Kane creek was ok, but I wouldn't do it again. I could do Hells revenge all the time.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

Prichett is way too tough for him.

Id recommend 7 mile rim, Moab Rim, Cliffhanger. All are great trails he can do. There will be some challenges on these trails but he can make them.

FYI: I was planning a fall trip anyway and it sounds like he may join. I have done a VJC group up there the past 3 years, but have always done spring. Was going to do fall this year. As we get closer Ill post up dates for all to join.

It's been four years since we were there, but are headed up there on Thursday with a group for a week of wheeling. You said you were only going for two days. Why? As long as you are making the trip, stay at least 4-5 days. Our group is on tons and 40's so we run the more challenging trails, but all of those mentioned are fun trails however, Pritchett might be a handful.
    05 LJ 112"wb, RJ 60, 14 Bolt, 40" CC & 39" KRT's, Fox Coil overs, Grizzly Lockers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It's been four years since we were there, but are headed up there on Thursday with a group for a week of wheeling. You said you were only going for two days. Why? As long as you are making the trip, stay at least 4-5 days. Our group is on tons and 40's so we run the more challenging trails, but all of those mentioned are fun trails however, Pritchett might be a handful.
    I just don't think I will be able to take that much work off. I will probably take a Friday off, leave Thursday and wheel Friday and Saturday. I don't wheel on Sundays, but will probably travel home on Sunday after church.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy59 View Post
    I don't wheel on Sundays, but will probably travel home on Sunday after church.
    Hey, I'm with ya...I don't wheel on Sundays either...Church comes first!

My bad, Pritchett Canyon is a little much. I did part of it and turned around at Rocker Knocker, an intimidating obstacle. I didn’t realize it was rated a 9. Don’t try it alone for sure.

Hell’s Revenge and Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim would be a perfect introduction to Moab. If you have time after Hell’s Revenge hit Fins N Things.

I agree that 2 days is too short, but its better than not going at all. Try it and you will be hooked. There's a reason Ive been there 5 years running

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    FYI: I was planning a fall trip anyway and it sounds like he may join. I have done a VJC group up there the past 3 years, but have always done spring. Was going to do fall this year. As we get closer Ill post up dates for all to join.
    A fall trip sounds fun. I may be interested.

Buy this book and you will have no problem finding trails.

https://funtreks.com/product/guide-m...s-3rd-edition/

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    Buy this book and you will have no problem finding trails.

https://funtreks.com/product/guide-m...s-3rd-edition/
    If you go solo you can borrow a few books I have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    If you go solo you can borrow a few books I have.
    I will most likely go with you. I will see how much time off I have when the time comes. But going at all is much better than not!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I passed thru Moab at the start of EJS a few weeks ago and only had time for a lone night run. Did Fins and Things, it was a lot of fun. May be a good warm up for other trails there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Information