Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

A year ago, on 5/6/17, I lead the second Newbs at Night run, up CD. A year has passed. More Jeeps have been modded, more AIST has been accumulated, and we are beginning to ramp up the Summer heat. I picked the weekend before Mother's Day again, this year. I'm looking to keep the run scheduled around this time, annually.

This run is for folks who believe they are built to run Collateral Damage, at Table Mesa. The trail is not short wheelbase friendly, but that hasn't stopped built SWB rigs, in the past. I will post up a few basic requirements for rig and driver, but it is not an all inclusive list. Feel free to post up, ask questions, and see if you are a fit for the run.

1) Two lockers- WORKING LOCKERS, if they are problematic going in, I'll be asking you to turn around...
    2) 35's min for SWB's and 37's for JKU's. If you are running 35's on a JKU, but think you are both built for it and ready to take your chances, post up. We've gotten them through, before. It just takes work and being okay with scraping/chance of body damage (depending on armor)
    3) A good attitude. (I can't emphasize this, enough. A good attitude goes a long way to avoiding a stressful night on the trail)
    4) AIST- you are comfortable pushing yourself and your rig, on a new trail
    5) Recovery points, front and rear, recovery straps, shackles, etc. (recovery points are a must)
    6) Winch
    7) A maintained rig-please have your rig in good mechanical condition prior to starting the run. Having trail spares, tools, tire repair equipment, a spill kit, etc. is a great idea. Nothing worse than hearing, after someone breaks, I knew that was going out, but hoped to get one more run on it....

My interest in this run is to get folks who haven't run CD before, up the trail. They will be given the first opportunity to sign up and run the trail. I'm not placing a vehicle cap on the run, today, but reserve the right to do so. The trip tends to run long, due to some late night shenanigans. I'm hoping for an earlier return to camp this year. Depending on the numbers and how quickly we get through CD, I would like to offer extra credit, for those interested. We would run down Anaconda and then up LT, before winding up the night.

There will be other experienced Jeepers, placed throughout the run, to help spot and recover. Pretty sure that all of the participants, last year, had a blast! (even if some left the trail, tired) We are adults and this is a night run. Feel free to plan on camping at Little Pan, if you like. I will be spending the night.

Meet time: 6PM Leaving for the trail ~6:30P. We will spend some time going over the rigs and running order, prior to pulling out and will leave whenever that is accomplished.

Meet Location: Little Pan Staging Area, Table Mesa

I'm sure you've got questions and I know I glossed over a couple of details, in this post. I just wanted to get the party, uh I mean, 'discussion' started. Looking forward to making 2018's run, as fun as 2017's and as silly as 2016's inaugural run.

See you on the trail,
    Huck
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

Updated: 5/4/18 17:54

Participating Newbs:
    1:Orange Chris-phxchargerfan-2013 JKU
    2:dzrataz
    3:mystery newb
    4:Sideshow
    5: JeeperEd
    6:

Returning Newbs:
    1)Piefra

Possible Participants: (includes folks who have run it before, to leave spots open for those who never have... pretty sure we'll be able to work everybody in, at this time)
    1:crtbc
    2:JoesJK
    3:Orange1

Helpers:
    1:Barry
    2:
    3: OLM
    4: Andrei

Peanut Gallery:
    1:Willygoat
    2: TikisTJ
    3: Casey
    4:
    Last edited by Huck; 05-04-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: 5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

Put me down as a newb. I will have my winch by then

2013 JKU (Orange Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    1) Two lockers- WORKING LOCKERS, if they are problematic going in, I'll be asking you to turn around...
    LOL! Glad you noted that it only counts as two lockers if they both work!

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

In. I will go Peanut Gallery if you need to free up space for folks who haven't run it before. Not sure how much SWB would appreciate down Conda tho - but BoB assures me he is up for anything and hasn't let me down yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    LOL! Glad you noted that it only counts as two lockers if they both work!

Scott
    Lesson learned from last year. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Phxchargerfan View Post
    Put me down as a newb. I will have my winch by then

2013 JKU (Orange Chris)
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

I'm in if I can get tcase fixed, ran trail 3 times never conda backward

Should be able to make it to assist.
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Following ********
    Craigslisticon

I'll again be pleading for a passenger seat and volunteer to "assist" with the pre-party shenanigans, both at Little Pan and the Roadrunner!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Iím in, I can assist or join the peanut gallery doesnít mater to me!
    I like to party

I've run the Terminators, Judgement Day, and Predator. How much of a step-up is Collateral Damage? Would it be next as far as progression?

I'm currently armored-up with 35's but might be on 37's by then. It's on my upgrade list so might do it sooner than later if I can get the funds by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy View Post
    I've run the Terminators, Judgement Day, and Predator. How much of a step-up is Collateral Damage? Would it be next as far as progression?

I'm currently armored-up with 35's but might be on 37's by then. It's on my upgrade list so might do it sooner than later if I can get the funds by then.
    How much do you like your fenders?
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

I'm in if there's room. I did this a few years ago, but like to do it again.
    87 YJ, 4" spring under,35 mud, Dana 44 front eaton E-Locker, Ford 9" detroit locker, Flip dana 300, Fuel injected, Stroker motor, OBA, full roll cage

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information