Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

Re: 5/5/18 Newbs at Night, III on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    How much do you like your fenders?
    Fenders are overrated! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Peanut Gallery possible, or walk the trail and take video/pictures.
    Tiki's TJ is a 98 Wrangler Sport, 4.0l inline 6, sitting on BFG KO2 33's

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy View Post
    I've run the Terminators, Judgement Day, and Predator. How much of a step-up is Collateral Damage? It's a pretty big step up from what Predator is today. JD really isn't much, but the last fall. That fall is about the size of the smallest ledge/fall on CD. Not sure what lines you take on LT, so not sure how to describe the differences. If you hit all of the LT buggy lines, than the CD main fall and last notch are more difficult, but you would feel fine with the rest of the climbs. UT is really no comparison, unless you hit the one notch. That will give you an idea of the driving skill required on CD. Would it be next as far as progression? A big Yes!

I'm currently armored-up with 35's but might be on 37's by then. It's on my upgrade list so might do it sooner than later if I can get the funds by then.
    CD is an awesome trail and what I ran when I wanted to step up to the next level. I was on 35's, SWB TJ, locked F and R and set up for recovery. I had enough armor and strength in my axles to run it reliably. Still broke a factory Rubi rear locker on the old exit... It is a great way to learn some new skills. The trail is narrow in spots and is a series of falls, as it climbs out from near the river bottom. The falls vary in height and difficulty. It's all in a night's work, if you feel up for it.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    CD is an awesome trail and what I ran when I wanted to step up to the next level. I was on 35's, SWB TJ, locked F and R and set up for recovery. I had enough armor and strength in my axles to run it reliably. Still broke a factory Rubi rear locker on the old exit... It is a great way to learn some new skills. The trail is narrow in spots and is a series of falls, as it climbs out from near the river bottom. The falls vary in height and difficulty. It's all in a night's work, if you feel up for it.
    And not to mention you will have some EXCELLENT spotters there. This run is designed KNOWING you are new to this level, and folks will take the time to help you learn. If you are up for the pucker, it is a great opportunity Poi Boy.
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)

Undecided on if I want to drive or be winchline minion We'll see as we get closer.

If Pierre doesn’t stop sending me videos I am out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i am gonna keep an eye on this if i am off and get the tow rig ready might have to see how the cj does with the 42s she just got put on it had 38s last year on this run. but huck i will let you know before hand. oh and i will be a helper ran it many times.
    350 howell inj dana 60 front with a spool and full hydro and cromo stubs 9in in rear with a spool dana 300 tera low 4:1 sm420 with 410 gears and 42in swampers 4 linked all around.oh yeh it was a cj7.it was a jeep thing but all that s**t broke

Roadrunner!
    I wear sun visors and drink Budweisers.

well the 38s were too small for the 60 lol kept hanging up a buddy had the 42 so figured why not .
    350 howell inj dana 60 front with a spool and full hydro and cromo stubs 9in in rear with a spool dana 300 tera low 4:1 sm420 with 410 gears and 42in swampers 4 linked all around.oh yeh it was a cj7.it was a jeep thing but all that s**t broke

I’d love to go hit this one, been running LT buggy lines and only got stuck on the last obstacle before the exit prior to UT (been running without lockers and with) and unfortunately, Im currently disqualified by the “two operational lockers caveat” hahah... if I can fix it in time, then I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had so much fun riding with LO PHAT last year and learned a lot about what it takes to do this level. Maybe some day in the dub but I'll do the peanut gallery this year or if there is an extra seat I'd love to ride along and help out, take pics.

Huck shouldn't have to mention it, but after watching CD vid recently posted on the FB...

No belts, no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jacobson View Post
    Huck shouldn't have to mention it, but after watching CD vid recently posted on the FB...

No belts, no go.
    I just saw the video couldn't believe it. Something so easy that could potentially save your life, why not belt? Don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piefra View Post
    Undecided on if I want to drive or be winchline minion We'll see as we get closer.
    You and Gabe should definitely be on this run! We will get you both through, you can only watch for so long!!!!
    I like to party

You run it since last year, Pierre? If no...drive again. You know what to expect, so now fine tune and use less.spotter. always good to grow. Jump in behind me. I don't really like "spotting", but I will drive the lines...you just follow.

As for spotting, on a trail/run like this, my feeling is that the attendees should have a pretty good idea for what to basically do. I like to observe... letting the "new" driver feel it out, show them the basic line, but not walk them thru 100%. Not much growth from that, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information