Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JL gross

Re: JL gross

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljeep View Post
    Dayum, this is gonna be a crawling machine. Senses when it cant crawl a rock
    Cool, huh? Approach obstacle, vehicle determines it's too tough, stops and shuts off the engine. The only thing to improve upon is to have Uconnect send a distress call for a tow truck.
    Kenneth
    1998 TJ 4.0 MT

JL gross

Quote Originally Posted by KennethS View Post
    Cool, huh? Approach obstacle, vehicle determines it's too tough, stops and shuts off the engine. The only thing to improve upon is to have Uconnect send a distress call for a tow truck.
    With the mall crawler package it will activate a homing beacon and fire signal flares intermittently so your Mom can find you.
    I have met several people recently that have nicely built rigs but will never leave the pavement, got it because it’s “cool”. Wish I had that kind of$$ when I was 11.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jfurb; 03-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.

This thread is kinda funny lol! Maybe the homing beacon means they won't need as many light bars as the Jk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

But does it come with bacon?
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    But does it come with bacon?
    Mummm Bacon.

I have watched many youtube video's reviewing and comparing the JL . I don't know why. I won't buy one. I guess just curiosity. So I believe I can keep a certain objectivity. It seems like a good platform. The rear tail lights won't last long on Arizona trails. At first I won't, at a glance, be able to distinguish it from most other wranglers with round headlight. But I will learn. Many people who buy jeeps plan on doing all sorts of modifications. My internet experience with the JL would lead me to believe that has been reduced to some degree in some of the areas that matter to the true off road enthusiast. Yet they made it a bit easier for some other modifications, like altering the rear camera.

To date I have not 'spotted', 'seen' or 'noticed' a JL in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
    82 Cherokee WT – SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    To date I have not 'spotted', 'seen' or 'noticed' a JL in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
    Have you been to Scottsdale Fashion Square lately?
    Kenneth
    1998 TJ 4.0 MT

Quote Originally Posted by KennethS View Post
    Have you been to Scottsdale Fashion Square lately?
    No, my jar of Grey Poupon is still about half full.
    82 Cherokee WT – SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Yes you can disable it, obviously it won’t work for wheeling.

I like them, we drove one at the dealership I drive by every day because my 3 year old son said he wanted to go drive Jeeps, and I enjoyed it. Jeep seems to be listening to its customers and building to suite. Some will hate it, haters gonna hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    For the record, I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Shaft size/strength is pretty important.
    "Randabuggy 2.0" in progress

JL is a step forward compared to the JK. Jk was a step backwards compared to the TJ. TJ was a step forward compared to the YJ. YJ was a step backwards compared to the CJ......... Same old song and dance.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    JL is a step forward compared to the JK. Jk was a step backwards compared to the TJ. TJ was a step forward compared to the YJ. YJ was a step backwards compared to the CJ......... Same old song and dance.
    So what you are saying is that JL=CJ...... ?

97 Cherokee with NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r, trussed 8.8,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom rock sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

We ordered a JLUR last month. Hoping to have it delivered this week or next week!
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Im actually quite excited to get back into the jeep game with a JL. I'm in Texas at moment but i visit Arizona in occasion and i miss wheeling allot.

Is anyone else excited as i am about the Ecodiesel 3.0 with 440lb of tq? It comes out this August for the wrangler.

Will they introduce new axle or transmission with the diesel since it's quite a jump in tq #s?

Regarding some of the negatives mentioned like auto stop, etc, i read that can be turned off with a defeat. Read it in another wrangler forum.

Anyway, thoughts about this Ecodiesel? Are there many negatives other than initial cost why it might not be a good purchase? Does anyone have more info on this or have a ram 1500 with this motor? The earlier 3.0 ecodiesel in the ram trucks for example around 2014 i think had some issue with the cam timing after awhile with valves hitting pistons. Was that really an issue and if so has that been resolved in newer engines?

Thanks

Ben
    Last edited by WhyGoHome?; 03-17-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Cool, can't wait to see and read about it after you get it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    We ordered a JLUR last month. Hoping to have it delivered this week or next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    Awesome. I would like to see one up close too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyGoHome? View Post
    Im actually quite excited to get back into the jeep game with a JL. I'm in Texas at moment but i visit Arizona in occasion and i miss wheeling allot.

Is anyone else excited as i am about the Ecodiesel 3.0 with 440lb of tq? It comes out this August for the wrangler.

Will they introduce new axle or transmission with the diesel since it's quite a jump in tq #s?

Regarding some of the negatives mentioned like auto stop, etc, i read that can be turned off with a defeat. Read it in another wrangler forum.

Anyway, thoughts about this Ecodiesel? Are there many negatives other than initial cost why it might not be a good purchase? Does anyone have more info on this or have a ram 1500 with this motor? The earlier 3.0 ecodiesel in the ram trucks for example around 2014 i think had some issue with the cam timing after awhile with valves hitting pistons. Was that really an issue and if so has that been resolved in newer engines?

Thanks

Ben
    I've been reading up on the ecodiesel. It seems to have a bit of controversy relating to EPA fed investigations and perhaps issues on quality control too. I don't want to open a can of worms by asking about this motor, but I'm wondering if the reason for the 3.0 ecodiesel not being available at JL launch is in anyway related to the EPA feds putting a hold on the motor.

How many here have this motor in a jeep cherokee or ram 1500? What are your experiences with the motor?

Thanks,

Ben
    Living In Dallas TX currently
    No Jeep at the moment.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information