Thread: Radiator fun

Radiator fun

Hey guys! I have been having radiator issues this past week with my 04 wrangler and I was curious if anyone had any advice. I am a jersey folk and when I brought my jeep out here the first thing that blew was the radiator, naturally haha. That was back in august and I haven't had much of an issue until recently it started leaking but I couldn't track it. It looked almost as if the radiator was leaking from the seams but when I got it all cleaned up and changed the thermostat (which should have been done when I got my radiator replaced the first time but it was done at a shady shop in an emergency situation), it appears it is leaking where the reservoir hose connects. Is this possibly from a bad radiator cap or a reservoir hose? It doesn't make sense to me because all of this is new but I am thinking maybe a bad thermostat damaged the radiator? We did a pressure test and it holds pressure fine so I am a little confused as to why it is still leaking from that area. My biggest worry was the head gasket but I did an oil change Friday and there is no mixing. Not sure what to do from here and any advice would be awesome. Thanks fellow jeepers

Re: Radiator fun

Make sure the fan is working. I fought with mine for a year before I figured out my fan clutch wasn't engaging. It worked well enough back east, but not well enough for AZ temperatures. If it's a mechanical fan, when the engine is operating temperature, open the hood and shut off the engine. If the fan keeps spinning, the clutch is probably out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Re: Radiator fun

Put a new hose on!
    It's about $20 from checker auto!
    That's where I'd start.
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Thread Information