Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8th Annual VJC YJ Run - Postponed

Re: 8th Annual VJC YJ Run - Saturday April 21 2018

Man this thing is coming right up! I guess I better start to get the details in order!

Also, wanted to send a shout out to the following awesome people and shops who are contributing to our stash of giveaway and raffle items this year:

Rich at Moore Jeep
    Ray & Rico at No Coast Differential
    Dave at Knuckle Busters
    Don at RPM Fab

A huge THANK YOU for agreeing to donate some cool items to the YJ cause!
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Participation and also my severe lack of planning this year, among other things, have necessitated the postponement of the run for the time being.

Sorry to do this guys, I was looking forward to heading out to Parker, but I'm going to try to do a better job of putting this together later this year, after summer, once things cool back down.

Don't worry, oh sponsors, I'm still going to hold you to all those cool donations

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Participation and also my severe lack of planning this year, among other things, have necessitated the postponement of the run for the time being.

Sorry to do this guys, I was looking forward to heading out to Parker, but I'm going to try to do a better job of putting this together later this year, after summer, once things cool back down.

Don't worry, oh sponsors, I'm still going to hold you to all those cool donations
    What? I just found out today that I can make it!!

Josh D
    '71 J2000 Gladiator '95 YJ '80 911 Super Carrera

Blog Entries

Hi I've no clue how to use this site so probably won't get notifications as I've tried to use it before and didn't work well.

I'd like to try and make Saturday, group 2

-- The 8th Annual YJ Run is being postponed until later this year --

THE 8TH ANNUAL YJ RUN WILL TAKE PLACE IN PARKER, AZ

Where: Morning meetup before the day's festivities will be at the La Paz County Park in Parker. Look for the giant group of people with square headlights. See maps below.

Who: All 1987-1995 Wranglers, anyone who has participated in any of the previous 7 YJ Runs, and anyone else who is willing to put square cutouts over their headlights for the weekend and let us take photos (there will be a limit on the number of non YJs

What about camping and accommodations: It's recommended that folks consider making this a weekend trip. Fee RV camping is available at the Pirate's Den. Fee RV and tent camping are available at the adjacent La Paz Campground (see maps and contact info below). Pirate's Den has a popular restaurant and bar. While the trailheads are 3-4 miles from this area, an off-highway route from camp-to-trail exists for trailer queens. La Paz has restroom and shower facilities, and there are hotels nearby for those wanting somewhat more luxury. Free camping is also available closer to the trails off of Cienega Springs Rd aka Desert Bar Rd. More info on camping and contact info for Pirates, La Paz & the Havasu Springs Resort (motel) is in the 2nd post.

We will kick the day off together and depending on participation will then split into two groups, attempt to meet up mid-day for grub at the famous Desert Bar, which is worth the trip to Parker all by itself, then hit up more trails.

Group 1: This group will run moderate trails that are rated 3.0-3.5 such as - Adventure Canyon, Drunk Trail & Cat Tail. Minimum 31" tires, front & rear recovery points required. Traction aids such as LSD or locker strongly recommended on at least one axle, but not required. Rigs without traction aids will have a more challenging day. Be prepared for body scraping and, as always, vehicle damage. If you're in a smaller rig, but have run some of the moderate trails in Parker before and want to participate, please PM me.

Group 2: This group will run trails that are rated 4.0+ such as - Rio Lobo, True Grit, Truman, Deliverance & President's Choice. Minimum 35" tires, 2 lockers required. Winch recommended - a couple spots may require winching for vehicles with 35" tires. Body damage possible. For folks who have never run a 4.0 trail before but want to, this is a good opportunity as there will be experience in this group.

Optional night runs will likely be happening on Friday and/or Saturday nights. As always, camping will be a great time.

Be prepared for breakage and the fact that this area is 2.5 hours from Phoenix. You know the weak points on your rig, so bring your tools and key spare parts if you have them.

There will be no cap on the number of participants.

I'm in, let's do this:
    1. Scott / Treekiller - '93 YJ
    2. Tom / Tom Jacobson - YJ Buggy
    3. Terry / 2EquisYJ - '89 YJ
    4. Ralph / dzrtrataz - YJ

Maybe I will, maybe I won't:
    1. Mike / OLM - Buggy
    2. Josh / Easyover - '95 YJ
    3. Jason / 94whyJ (Fenom Fab) - '94 YJ
    4-22. 18 people from Facebook

I hate you and I hope you die:

Quote Originally Posted by Easyover View Post
    What? I just found out today that I can make it!!
    Sorry amigo! I made the decision to postpone it last night but didnít comment until today. While I know there are a few people who would still like to go, I want to plan better for it later this year with a poll so we can select a date where more people will be able to attend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry amigo! I made the decision to postpone it last night but didn’t comment until today. While I know there are a few people who would still like to go, I want to plan better for it later this year with a poll so we can select a date where more people will be able to attend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Must be a wine tasting event only accessible by helicopter going on this weekend.....

Josh D
    '71 J2000 Gladiator '95 YJ '80 911 Super Carrera

Facebook ruining things again
    If youíre not paying for it, youíre the product. #deletefacebook

I like a good red wine. Where's the party??
    Eric - *'92 White YJ, 4.5" custom Deaver springs, 35" MTRs, Tera-Low 4:1, Hydro Assist, CAI, Rear 8.8, Chromo D30, 4.88s, locked front/rear, full cage, tube fenders.
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Drive a little further and join us in sand hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    I like a good red wine. Where's the party??
    Your house while you are in Utah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information