Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

Re: Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

Is vulture mine related to Bulldog? Not trying to be a jerk, just looking for better understanding.
    82 Cherokee WT – SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Is vulture mine related to Bulldog? Not trying to be a jerk, just looking for better understanding.
    Both BLM land? Maybe?

Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with this and I would be very cautious in giving trail info on any trail that was "created" after the EIS, TMP's were completed. Those trails would be considered illegal. The term "inviting the bear into your camp" comes to mind.

I like Jeff, I really do, but he has a new job now. New priorities and with his new position his superiors have new expectations from him. He is no longer, in my opinion, "against the people who are closing trails". He mentioned one part of our race course having "Riparian" qualities. He knows that area has been raced for forty years, and now it's a concern. I'm not calling him an enemy of off roading, and I do wish him the best with his new job, but the term riparian has no place in a sand wash in southern Arizona. I would hope he would be the one pointing that out to the BLM folks, but it seems he also has a new definition for the word.

Proceed with caution.

For what it's worth, the BLM seems to be against the county parks moving in on the Vulture area, and other areas as well. And yet it seems to happen anyway.
    He called me @ 08:30, three Sundays ago. He had multiple issues he was worried about and the Miller Rd stuff was ancillary to that conversation. I haven't followed up with it, by posting up anything or giving any info. (This post is the only public mention of the conversation I've done. Otherwise I've only let folks know about it on a one-on-one conversation) He seemed genuine about the trying to protect the area, if there were trails. He was definitely genuine about the BLM wanting to rid themselves of the land to basically anyone-parks, developers, etc. The BLM doesn't want the risk associated with managing that land. They don't have the resources to do it well. His thought process was that if there was usage that may be curtailed by the selling off of that land, the BLM may consider keeping it. As it is, I don't expect them to keep it much longer.
    Last edited by Huck; 02-15-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by ehall View Post
    Both BLM land? Maybe?
    Bulldog is USFS.
    Burn it and beat on it

Both federally controlled land.

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Not sure, would have to do a DNA test to find out. Although, they were both created in the Big Bang, or during Creation if that's your beliefs, so they probably are related in some fashion.

If you're hinting at off topic, sorry. I'm one of those that says what I says, Whenever and wherever I wants. The topic also included issues with shooting on public land. That's probably what prompted me to post it here. And, just to clarify, the shooting was not at the Vulture mine. It was at Miller Road. I was in the vicinity of the Vulture mine, in a sand wash known as Jimmie Wash when the conversation happened.

Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information