Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

I couldn’t find a news report about this because it’s so minor, but still relevant to our members, so here goes.

I stumbled across a Facebook group whose members monitor the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office radio calls. Apparently on Saturday night, the PCSO was assisting MCSO on a call of shots fired in Bulldog Canyon. One man was injured after being shot in the foot. After receiving medical treatment, that victim came to the group’s page to post that he was fine, and that his injury was caused by a ricochet and not a direct hit.

There were a group of about 15 people trapped in Bulldog, and the MSCO, PSCO and AJ Police worked to get them all out safely and even managed to find the perp, who was charged with aggravated assault.

People are ****ing crazy, watch your six.
    K7ARB

Re: Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

People are bat-chit crazy for sure. I'm sure you heard about the lady that was killed out in the west valley by a stray bullet. The problem with this one is the bullet did not come from the area where the shooters stage and shoot. It appears someone went to the other side of the backstop, if you can call it that, and fired back at the shooters. While the news team was there a bullet hit a tire one of the vehicles parked close to them. I was told it penetrated the tire. They reported it as a ricochet, but I doubt it.

What the people need are free shooting ranges.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    People are bat-chit crazy for sure. I'm sure you heard about the lady that was killed out in the west valley by a stray bullet. The problem with this one is the bullet did not come from the area where the shooters stage and shoot. It appears someone went to the other side of the backstop, if you can call it that, and fired back at the shooters. While the news team was there a bullet hit a tire one of the vehicles parked close to them. I was told it penetrated the tire. They reported it as a ricochet, but I doubt it.

While they were interviewing the Buckeye Chief of police a ricochet whizzed by his head.

It's a round hill they shoot into. All the way around!

No target practice allowed in Bulldog. Which is nice because way too many who target practice in the desert shoot 'stuff' up and don't pick up their brass/shells.
    82 Cherokee WT – SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    No target practice allowed in Bulldog. Which is nice because way too many who target practice in the desert shoot 'stuff' up and don't pick up their brass/shells.
    Or their “stuff”

Table Mesa is another area that is routinely trashed by careless slobs who fail to pick up thier shot up crap... Not to mention far too many have ZERO sense of safe shooting habits...
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

No such thing as a stray bullet..only dumb shooters��
    Story antagonist

I legally hunt dove and quail in bulldog Anton!
    Hope they don't put a end to that too.
    Arrrrrrg
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Arrest the ****bags. Theres a reason they banned shooting there too many dumb****s. At this point i'll call in illegal activity I witness Just gotten too stupid
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

At the Vulture mine race it's very common for me to have BLM LEO spend a lot of time at my check point. We asked him if they were busy and he said yes, arresting a lot people. Where? Miller road for target shooting. I tell him that's public land and target shooting is legal there. He replies that we have a new administration and the top dog believes that illegals with guns is a bad thing. So, it sounds like they are checking citizenship status and arresting those that are not citizens because they have guns.

They may be doing it everywhere on BLM land, but this guy mentioned Miller Road specifically.

Shooting In Bulldog Canyon

At the Vulture mine race it's very common for me to have BLM LEO spend a lot of time at my check point. We asked him if they were busy and he said yes, arresting a lot people. Where? Miller road for target shooting. I tell him that's public land and target shooting is legal there. He replies that we have a new administration and the top dog believes that illegals with guns is a bad thing. So, it sounds like they are checking citizenship status and arresting those that are not citizens because they have guns.

They may be doing it everywhere on BLM land, but this guy mentioned Miller Road specifically.
    Jeff and I spoke about Miller Rd. They have stepped up patrols out there and have done a couple of interagency patrols that were walk up and talk to everyone they saw, patrols. It's stepped up, after the shooting. Been waiting on an official release to post this up, but Jeff Gursh mentioned seeing a bunch of crawlers go in to wheel off of Miller, when on one of these patrols. By definition, Jeff considers any 4wd vehicle-Jeep, Toyota, Chevy or Ford, etc., a rock crawler. They don't need to be 'built' rigs. He brought it up because he didn't show any trails in the area. In fact, the BLM shows very little usage of that area. It's not considered a well utilized area and it is considered a major 'risk' for the BLM due to many reasons, including the shooting. The BLM wants nothing more to do with that land. They are looking to sell it off to whomever, but they don't want the risk of keeping it. Jeff was asking if I knew any trails over there and to get him the gps information on them, so he could show some usage. That land will be gone to someone, if we don't let them know we use it. Problem is, I don't wheel out there and have no tracks or other info to share.
    Last edited by Huck; 02-14-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

That's awesome. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Jeff and I spoke about Miller Rd. They have stepped up patrols out there and have done a couple of interagency patrols that were walk up and talk to everyone they saw, patrols. It's stepped up, after the shooting. Been waiting on an official release to post this up, but Jeff Gursh mentioned seeing a bunch of crawlers go in to wheel off of Miller, when on one of these patrols. By definition, Jeff considers any 4wd vehicle-Jeep, Toyota, Chevy or Ford, etc., a rock crawler. They don't need to be 'built' rigs. He brought it up because he didn't show any trails in the area. In fact, the BLM shows very little usage of that area. It's not considered a well utilized area and it is considered a major 'risk' for the BLM due to many reasons, including the shooting. The BLM wants nothing more to do with that land. They are looking to sell it off to whomever, but they don't want the risk of keeping it. Jeff was asking if I knew any trails over there and to get him the gps information on them, so he could show some usage. That land will be gone to someone, if we don't let them know we use it. Problem is, I don't wheel out there and have no tracks or other info to share.
    I'm not sure I agree with this and I would be very cautious in giving trail info on any trail that was "created" after the EIS, TMP's were completed. Those trails would be considered illegal. The term "inviting the bear into your camp" comes to mind.

I like Jeff, I really do, but he has a new job now. New priorities and with his new position his superiors have new expectations from him. He is no longer, in my opinion, "against the people who are closing trails". He mentioned one part of our race course having "Riparian" qualities. He knows that area has been raced for forty years, and now it's a concern. I'm not calling him an enemy of off roading, and I do wish him the best with his new job, but the term riparian has no place in a sand wash in southern Arizona. I would hope he would be the one pointing that out to the BLM folks, but it seems he also has a new definition for the word.

Proceed with caution.

For what it's worth, the BLM seems to be against the county parks moving in on the Vulture area, and other areas as well. And yet it seems to happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ehall View Post
    That's awesome. Lol
    I agree! The stories that BLM LEO told were hilarious. People saying "you can't ask me that, it violates my human rights". He would say, I just did. If they refused to answer or show proof, they were treated as non citizens, period. I guess those don't understand the BLM LEO are Federal, not local.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information