Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Go-Carts

Re: Question about Go-Carts

lastly.... those are go karts, so check the ground clearance if you want to take them camping or in the grass at all. especially adding weight.

I didn't see a 4 seater on there, only 2 seaters.

Also, do a little google-fu to make sure gokarts follow the same path as UTV's. Just thought of that.
    93' 2.5L YJ 8.8 4.88 33's E-Locker & LSD

WTB- co2 handle/valve guard for 5# tank.

Going exploring in one of those will most likely get you featured on the news channels.

Here's another scenario that might work for you.
    Based on what you said, you're going to be saving up money a little at a time for a wrangler purchase. I don't how much you plan to sock away each month, but consider this. You put the 3800.00 down on a reputable brand SxS. Make payments on it till you are ready to get back into a jeep, then sell it. If you buy a good used one instead of new, you won't lose much at all on the purchase. I'm not saying pay 16k for a SxS. There are some nice rzr 800's for 7-8k.

With this go cart you are looking at, the fit and finish is simply not going to be there. Parts will be hard to come by.

Anyway, it sounds like your mind is made up, but I think there is a lot better options to use the money for. With the size family you have, why purchase a two seater? You need a four seater.

However, if you want two seats-

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/s...453405179.html
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Going exploring in one of those will most likely get you featured on the news channels.

Here's another scenario that might work for you.
    Based on what you said, you're going to be saving up money a little at a time for a wrangler purchase. I don't how much you plan to sock away each month, but consider this. You put the 3800.00 down on a reputable brand SxS. Make payments on it till you are ready to get back into a jeep, then sell it. If you buy a good used one instead of new, you won't lose much at all on the purchase. I'm not saying pay 16k for a SxS. There are some nice rzr 800's for 7-8k.

With this go cart you are looking at, the fit and finish is simply not going to be there. Parts will be hard to come by.

Anyway, it sounds like your mind is made up, but I think there is a lot better options to use the money for. With the size family you have, why purchase a two seater? You need a four seater.

However, if you want two seats-

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/s...453405179.html
    I am looking at 4 seaters, All the links I posted were for 4 seaters, except the one I posted that was a price comparison. The problem with buying a used sxs 4 seater is that used they still go for north of 10grand. I don't buy something unless I have cash for it.

There are also other kits, and options, not just the Chinese stuff. I was just using this as an example of what I was looking at. There are literally 100's of options out there.

I have some $$ invested in bitcoin/ethereum mining, and I am socking that money away for a wrangler, plus half my youtube/amazon earnings each month, so I'm thinking in a year or so, I should be able to start looking, hope to pick up a very lightly used 2018 some time in 2019. at least that's my goal, and things are working towards that pretty quickly.

I am just looking for something cheap to use in the dirt for now. Nothing crazy, no rock crawling, just some light trail duty, like Montana mountain, and out by 4 peaks, even parts of bull dog canyon, etc. I am willing to spend up to $3000 in the next month or two, I don't have quite that much saved up, but will soon. If I can find a good 4 seater sxs for that amount I'll pick it up. I need it to last me a year, with about one trip a month for that year, maybe two. I was thinking of a dirtbike/quad, but that's no fun since I cannot bring my kids along, so wanted something kid friendlier. So slow with 4 seats is good.

Blog Entries

that dealer doesn't sell the 4 seaters. That's unfortunate, I will keep looking at options, I have some time to figure things out.

I'm going to excuse myself from this conversation. I had no idea bitcoins could be used as actual currency. Good luck.

I'm going to excuse myself from this conversation. I had no idea bitcoins could be used as actual currency. Good luck.
    They can on a limited basis, although due to the insane volatility, many "merchants" have stopped accepting them. I have had to learn up on this quickly - subject for another conversation but one of my step daughters recently accepted a consulting "job" that pays in ETH (ethereum) which is another cryptocurrency, which has caused me to pull some of my hair out.

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Blog Entries

Yeah, you can use it at places like newegg, and other online retailers, you can also hold it, and save it and trade it for USD.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    They can on a limited basis, although due to the insane volatility, many "merchants" have stopped accepting them. I have had to learn up on this quickly - subject for another conversation but one of my step daughters recently accepted a consulting "job" that pays in ETH (ethereum) which is another cryptocurrency, which has caused me to pull some of my hair out.

Scott
    That's interesting, I've never heard of anybody being paid for a job in eth yet. Does she get paid a specific amount of eth? or does she get paid a specific dollar amount worth of eth? If its the former, that's a great deal, since eth is up bit time, 180% in the last month. If its the latter, that's kinda a bad deal, depending on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    Yeah, you can use it at places like newegg, and other online retailers, you can also hold it, and save it and trade it for USD.

That's interesting, I've never heard of anybody being paid for a job in eth yet. Does she get paid a specific amount of eth? or does she get paid a specific dollar amount worth of eth? If its the former, that's a great deal, since eth is up bit time, 180% in the last month. If its the latter, that's kinda a bad deal, depending on the day.
    Neither had I. That was one of my first questions as well. Unfortunately, she gets paid a specific USD amount of ETH. My next question for her was when is the conversion calculated? Since cryptocurrency never really stops trading, what value do they use when making the conversion? Her answer was "oh that's a great question I have no idea, I guess I'll find out the first time I get paid". Which made me pull a little more hair out LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Neither had I. That was one of my first questions as well. Unfortunately, she gets paid a specific USD amount of ETH. My next question for her was when is the conversion calculated? Since cryptocurrency never really stops trading, what value do they use when making the conversion? Her answer was "oh that's a great question I have no idea, I guess I'll find out the first time I get paid". Which made me pull a little more hair out LOL.
    hahaha, Yeah. If I were to ever be paid in a crypto, it would have to be a specific amount of crypto... I think. I've taken btc for stuff I've sold on craigslist in the past,

I currently mine eth on my desktop at home (two GTX 1050 TI's, have a 1060 6gb coming this week), I also have bitcoin and eth mining contracts at hashflare and sun mining my desktop gets me about 28.2mh, and my total bitcoin hashing power is 54.45TH and 26.7mh of eth mining in my cloud contracts. my 1060 should give me another 22-25mh, depending on how it overclocks.

Sounds a lot like "Scrip", except more risky. Scrip was used in mining towns as a form of compensation. The difference being, obviously, the scrip was paid to the mining company for mercantile and services provided by them.

The title of this thread should be changed to Questions About Go-Carts and Cryptocurrencies.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Blog Entries

Sounds a lot like "Scrip", except more risky. Scrip was used in mining towns as a form of compensation. The difference being, obviously, the scrip was paid to the mining company for mercantile and services provided by them.
    This is more like you renting a field that is then plowed and planted by somebody else, and then you get profits from the field's crops. You pay a bit to the guy doing the planting and plowing, and you pay an upfront "lease" on the equipment.

You can buy the equipment outright, and it would be cheaper than the lease, and then you own it. but the equipment is very expensive ($3000+) and very loud and produces a LOT of heat, and uses A LOT of electricity. so you pay a little extra to not have to deal with the noise and heat and handling of the equipment, and for 100% uptime of your mining power, were with physical hardware, if you run into any issues, you have down time where you're not making money.

What's happening, as simple as I can make it, is that every time a transaction on the "block chain" happens, it has to be verified. this is done by solving math problems. if you solve the problem first, you get a reward of a payment of the coin (bitcoin is 12.5btc per block solved). But to be able to solve that equation first you have to have A LOT of computing power to do that. So people join "pools" so if there are 10,000 shares, and you have 1 share, and your pool validates a block, then you get 1/10,000 of 12.5btc or .00125btc. say you buy more power, and you now have enough to equal 2 shares of the 10,000, you get 1/5000 of the 12.5btc. or .0025btc.

now the pool sizes are MUCH larger, more like in the millions of shares, or even 10 millions of shares, so the shares you get are much smaller, but you get several many blocks per hour, and so those tiny amounts add up. if you tried to do it without a pool, you would get a all the reward, but you would be very hard pressed to actually solve any blocks.

Here is the results of my eth mining from my desktop:
    https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0x3...c0CA4C69f57478

its broken up in 10 minute chunks. and in some I get 0 shares, and I've gotten as many as 12 shares at a time. but usally its around 5-8 shares. each share is = an amount of eth coin. (it changes all the time as difficulty and fees change). and when I hit a total of .2eth, it gets paid to my wallet, and I can spend it, or trade it for USD, or save it up to trade at a later date.

I would buy a YJ and be done with it.....

I would buy a YJ and be done with it.....
    Didn't you already do that?

Yes, I did. And it is much simpler than bit coins, eth money, batches of 10,000, mining for math problems, etc..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information