Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Go-Carts

Re: Question about Go-Carts

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Yes, I did. And it is much simpler than bit coins, eth money, batches of 10,000, mining for math problems, etc..

baller problems. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    The title of this thread should be changed to Questions About Go-Carts and Cryptocurrencies.
    Sorry, its been a big part of my job, and a I've obviously done a lot with it outside of work. its been fun to learn about.

Blog Entries

So I've totally thrown out the advice of most of the people on here, since its not what I want (why would I spend money on something I don't want?), and I've settled on a model, a TrailMaster Blazer4 150X.

It can fit 4 6'2" adults (according to the ads). I'm not that tall, but I am fat, so knowing it can fit a bigger person will mean I will probably fit. It has 5 Point seat belts. It has the bits needed for street legality in AZ (mirrors, lights, horn, etc). it has almost 10" of ground clearance, and the price is right. $2600 shipped. The seller sells some two seat models on amazon, I reached out to see if they sell 4 seat models, and he says he can get them, and will look into getting them listed on amazon as well.

It only has a 150cc motor, but that's plenty for my plans with it. I.E. taking out to places like rolls OHV, my grandparents have 5 acres in tempe, my parents have 2 in chandler, both are just currently growing grass, maybe up at my grandparents place in forest lakes over the summer, etc. Its quite quite, there are some videos of it running on youtube, and its not loud and obnoxious. The woman in the video is clearly talking over it without yelling. So now I have a target for price, I need to pick up some kids helmets and save up what I need to be able to buy it, sometime in Feb. Oh, and my trailer will be up for sale, its only a 4x6, and won't hold this in it. need to get a bigger trailer as well. My kids are ages 7 down to 2 years old, so my older 3 will be riding with me, 7, 5, and 4.

Thanks again 2000, I appreciate you sharing your experience.

let me know how it does. It says "special gearing" to handle 4 people. I would have liked a 4 seater, but I have nowhere for a trailer so have to load into the back of a truck with ramps.

those seem to have only a 1month parts warranty vs a lot of them having 3mo. build it fast and locktite, and contact them quick if parts are missing or broken/failing.

2600shipped is nice.

Also, figureout on the fuel switch which is off/on/reserve lol its not marked usually.
    93' 2.5L YJ 8.8 4.88 33's E-Locker & LSD

WTB- co2 handle/valve guard for 5# tank.

Make sure it has a spare tire.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Holy crap that thing has almost as much HP as the old YJ 4.2 motor LOL!
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Yea, all that horsepower and a CVT to boot!!

It's no surprise you throw out the advice given, but I'll give you one more piece to discard. Since you plan to operate this toy at or near max capacity, go through the motions of buying clutch parts now just to make sure you can get them. And if that works out, carry a spare belt for the CVT at all times. And the tools needed to install the belt.
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 01-12-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Since you plan to operate this toy at or near max capacity,
    I'm fat, but not THAT fat... We'll be closer to 50-55% capacity when I have my 3 kids on it, but that's not a bad idea. I plan on putting a number of hours/miles on it within pushing distance of a trailer, to see how it performs and what spare parts I should probably have for it (including a spare tire), and try to figure out its range, since that's not something I can find details on. I also need a big bottle of loctite. since that's something that seems to be something common on a few of these, that the bolts don't stay tight. I may even just go to the hardware store and buy higher quality hardware. I recently got a play house for my kids, and had to do that for the screws they included. Half of the ones were not made well, and were unusable, so had to use my own.

That 150 won't do it. I had a 2 seater and built the motor crank piston cam head carburetor intake exhaust everything just to get it to spin the stock tires in sand total let down. I also did clutch,clutch weights kelvar belt I put everything available on it. It still sucked I can't imagine what a 4 seater would be like. Also it constantly broke down till I did all the mod to it it would hit the sand or Hill and just sit there. With the mods it would hit the sand stop and spin till it was stuck and climb little bigger hills but unless there was only 2 kids in it wasn't much fun

yea, it wont spin the tires, that's for sure lol.

definitely the big bottle of Loctite and probably replace some hardware over time, but just remember not to tighten it too much or you'll strip them. use the Loctite to your advantage.

look at ebay for better prices on parts, but you can also use... scrappydogscooters com for parts or buggypartsnw com

I got a puncture my first offroad outing with mine and threw some of that tire slime in it and its good. but eventually will need a real tire.

If you want any actual performance you;ll need to look to at least a 300cc, not sure how well that will do, but once you get out of the 150-200cc versions you get 4wd it looks like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
    If you want any actual performance you;ll need to look to at least a 300cc, not sure how well that will do, but once you get out of the 150-200cc versions you get 4wd it looks like.
    I looked at those a bit, but for the price I could buy non Chinese, and there are very few 4 seaters.

I'm pretty sure the engine is a honda clone, and if its total crap I've looked and You can pick up any number of engines that drop right in. There are a few for around $200 for a 190-200cc motor. but I'll run what it comes with till it doesn't work anymore. I'm pretty good at keeping crap running just enough to be frustrating.

We'll see how it goes. I've been watching videos of people putting them together. doesn't seem too bad, but better with some help. Still a few weeks out from buying.

i don't recall the availability of 4 seaters, but I think 300cc runs closer to 5k or maybe it was 6, but then you got 4wd (still two seater), still better price than non china, but it all comes down to how much frustration is acceptable and down time. 4 seater sxs is gonna run you at least 15k IIRC (used).

the motors are GY6 scooter motors. Parts are immensely available, you can pull it and bore it, bigger carb, etc. But I don't think they are very easily accessed for working on them and the motor isn't chasis mounted, its on the rear swingarm, so its part of the unsprung weight.

Change the oils after the first couple days.

just do it. and if you need ground clearance, I think people were changing the coil overs to ones from banshees or some other quads and gained an inch or 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
    i don't recall the availability of 4 seaters, but I think 300cc runs closer to 5k or maybe it was 6, but then you got 4wd (still two seater), still better price than non china, but it all comes down to how much frustration is acceptable and down time. 4 seater sxs is gonna run you at least 15k IIRC (used).

the motors are GY6 scooter motors. Parts are immensely available, you can pull it and bore it, bigger carb, etc. But I don't think they are very easily accessed for working on them and the motor isn't chasis mounted, its on the rear swingarm, so its part of the unsprung weight.

Change the oils after the first couple days.

just do it. and if you need ground clearance, I think people were changing the coil overs to ones from banshees or some other quads and gained an inch or 3.
    Yup, I totally plan to. I got my new card in my eth mining rig in today, so that's now working away, and I have what should be enough bitcoin after my next pay out IF bitcoin comes back up to the 15K mark. I expect it to, but we'll see if/when that happens. still shooting for the first or 2nd week of feb.

AIC, consider buying Eric's YJ for $5k instead of a go-kart. Eric has taken ridiculously good care of this thing and it literally needs nothing, nothing is broken, no maintenance issues that need to be addressed, nothing.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...-(betty-white)

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    AIC, consider buying Eric's YJ for $5k instead of a go-kart. Eric has taken ridiculously good care of this thing and it literally needs nothing, nothing is broken, no maintenance issues that need to be addressed, nothing.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...-(betty-white)

Scott
    It costs $2500 more than I plan to spend + far more expensive insurance + more expensive tags and license. and I don't have the ability to trailer it, so I would have to drive two cars everywhere I go, since my family wouldn't fit in it, and my son wouldn't be able to drive it, like he would the go kart, something I plan on teaching him how to do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information