Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifth Annual Charouleau Gap Birthday Party Run -- Saturday, February 17, 2018

Fifth Annual Charouleau Gap Birthday Party Run -- Saturday, February 17, 2018

~ Because we love SCOT68, the date of this run has been changed to Saturday, February 17, 2018. ~

It is time to celebrate ... again!

What:

This will be another one of LO PHAT's crazy runs. That means you must come with a great attitude, be willing to try various challenges and obstacles, and plan for the possibility of the unexpected. Vehicle requirements are a suspension lift, 33" or larger tires, recovery points, basic recovery gear, and a spare tire. Having at least one locker is recommended.

Where:

Charouleau Gap Trail

When:

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Please see post #3 for meeting locations and times. Plan to spend a full day on the trail, and be sure to pack accordingly when it comes to clothing, drinks, and food. Those who would like to enjoy dinner at a Mexican restaurant before heading back home will have the opportunity to do so.

Why:

LO PHAT, Rhino, and SCOT68 enjoy celebrating their birthdays by wheeling a scenic Arizona trail with their friends.

Who:

In past years the (lucky?) thirteen available spots filled within three and a half hours of the run being posted. We are therefore going to do things a little differently again this year. Sign ups will initially be accepted only from the people who participated in at least one of the previous runs. A standby list will be created so that additional invitations may later be offered if all thirteen available spots are not filled by the previous participants.

The Previous Participants List (automatically invited if they respond by January 27th)

• BDKs93YJ ..... 2014
    • boss of da stix ..... 2015, 2017
    • capsul ..... 2017
    • Chili ..... 2014, 2016
    • dustin g & Megan_G ..... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    • FlexinFun ..... 2015
    • greyst ..... 2015, 2016, 2017
    • Jesseka21 ….. 2016, 2017
    • JGzCrush ..... 2014, 2016
    • LO PHAT ..... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    • LRUSH ..... 2014, 2015
    • macinyart ..... 2014
    • Pinoy59 ….. 2017
    • Rhino ..... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    • RickzTJ ….. 2017
    • rmbk-over-pls ..... 2015, 2016
    • rock_starr ….. 2016, 2017
    • SCOT68 ..... 2014, 2015, 2016
    • shortestbus ….. 2016, 2017
    • Tortured Metal ..... 2014, 2015
    • TucsonWJ ..... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

The 2018 Participants List

• Rhino -- dandelion JKUR
    • Jesseka21 & bluejeep -- ultramarine HJKU
    • Pinoy59 -- basil XJUR
    • JGzCrush & Crystal -- carrot JK
    • capsul -- steel wool WJUR
    • dustin g & Megan_G -- lipstick love ZJUR
    • Huckleberry -- gangrene XJC
    • Wrangler08 -- lemon drop JK
    • rock_starr & KTBug -- snowflake TRD

The Standby List (closed as of February 11th)

• CAVU2

** The birthday boys reserve the right to refuse a request to sign up for this run if they feel that the driver and/or vehicle requirements are not met. **

Last edited by LO PHAT; 02-17-2018 at 05:24 AM.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Re: Fifth Annual Charouleau Gap Birthday Party Run -- Saturday, February 10, 2018

LO PHAT's Four Simple Rules

1) TREAD LIGHTLY! -- Keep your vehicle on the trail at all times. Do not throw any trash or cigarette butts on the ground. If you find trash along the trail please help by picking it up.

2) Keep the driver behind you in sight at all times. -- By doing this the driver behind you will know which turn you took, and you will know if he/she is experiencing any trouble. Stop if you do not see the driver behind you. Do not worry about getting left behind. The driver in front of you will then also stop when he/she does not see you. This is often called the "rubber band" effect. The group will stretch out in the open areas and tighten back up in the twisty or difficult parts of the trail.

3) No drinking and driving. -- If you want a beer with lunch feel free to bring it. Beyond that leave the adult beverages at home.

4) Buckle up. -- Make sure that everyone in your vehicle is wearing a seat belt whenever your vehicle is in motion.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Re: Fifth Annual Charouleau Gap Birthday Party Run -- Saturday, February 10, 2018

Morning Meeting Locations and Times

Apache Junction

4 Sons / Chevron (north east corner of Idaho Rd & US 60)
    75 E 29th Avenue
    Apache Junction, AZ 85219

Be ready to DEPART at 5:15 am.

Florence

Minit Market
    520 N Pinal Parkway
    Florence, AZ 85132

Be ready to roll out behind the Apache Junction group as they pass by around 5:40 am.

Tucson

Corner Store / Valero
    15240 North Oracle Road
    Tucson, AZ 85739

Expect to arrive here around 6:35 am and then depart once the vehicles are filled and the restrooms are used.

Evening Meeting Location

Tucson

Carlota's Authentic Mexican
    15920 North Oracle Road
    Tucson, AZ 85739

This is tradition! If after the trail run you find yourself craving a Mexican dinner, please join us here.

Count me in. Dave 01 TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign us up. The “cool” Jessica. Blue jku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know that I will be there.
    Great times every year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2013, JKUR, DOZER (MAC & CHEEZE), MANY UPGRADES, 35's, 31/2 Lift,

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Count me in. Dave 01 TJ
    The standby list has been started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseka21 View Post
    Sign us up. The “cool” Jessica. Blue jku.
    You get bonus points for signing up as "the cool Jessica".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You know that I will be there.
    Great times every year.
    Absolutely!

Blog Entries

Sign me up please!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

97 Cherokee- NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r,chromos, trussed 8.8-30,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom sliders, fender flares, winch bumper & 9k lumen light bar.

Count me in 2.5 lift 35s winch lockers front/rear

Sign me up please

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RickzTJ View Post
    You need to join us and turn those frowns upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy59 View Post
    Sign me up please!
    You are on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jkucrawler View Post
    Count me in 2.5 lift 35s winch lockers front/rear
    You are on the standby list.

Quote Originally Posted by greyst View Post
    Sign me up please
    "The other Jessica" is now on the list.

Add me to standby and happy birthday guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Put Me and Crystal down. Always a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs
    Jason is always a maybe even when he is confirmed!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information