Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Its interesting when the “What happened to this forum?” thread is the most popular thread in a while and, honestly, seems to have sparked off a lot of activity in other new threads and posts in old threads. Kudos Woody. You might have cracked the code!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Its good to see some action on the VJC!
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

I am really new to the forum and the group. I found the group from the FB group. It's quick and easy to see the posts on FB and I have a really hard time finding the right runs for my jeep and current skill on the forum. Also, there is a lot of arguing and "My rigs better than yours" within the group which is really sad because I just haven't had the opportunity to "build" or "bolt on" as some like to call it. I simply want to meet people who have Jeeps, want to go out and wheel. Ive been the BW2CK 3 times and some other trails around AZ. I have REALLY appreciated the people who have welcomed me and helped me, and included me. I am developing my driving skills and also learning things about my jeep on the trail as I go. It is sad to see posts that put others down and we are all in the same jeep club. Yes, I can sort through the insults and criticisms for driving a mall crawler or for not having a lift (YET!) but it does deter me from being more active on the forum. Luckily, at the end of the day, I am able to meet others and go wheeling so it's all good for me!

I haven't read all the posts but I just dont do facebook, I've tried it just seems stupid to me, not our FB site, never been there, but just in general I think FB is stupid. And what the hell is tappatalk. LOL

Like I said I didnt read all the posts but enough were mentioning some angry bad behavior there. Never understood that for a couple of reasons. One is if your not having fun on the internet your just doing it wrong. Two is we're all human and say stupid crap on occasion. Lighten up on the stupid crap perps and dont get caught up in it. Normal perps eventually get normal after a bit so long as we respond to it in a non-perp way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahballuff View Post
    I am really new to the forum and the group. I found the group from the FB group. It's quick and easy to see the posts on FB and I have a really hard time finding the right runs for my jeep and current skill on the forum. Also, there is a lot of arguing and "My rigs better than yours" within the group which is really sad because I just haven't had the opportunity to "build" or "bolt on" as some like to call it. I simply want to meet people who have Jeeps, want to go out and wheel. Ive been the BW2CK 3 times and some other trails around AZ. I have REALLY appreciated the people who have welcomed me and helped me, and included me. I am developing my driving skills and also learning things about my jeep on the trail as I go. It is sad to see posts that put others down and we are all in the same jeep club. Yes, I can sort through the insults and criticisms for driving a mall crawler or for not having a lift (YET!) but it does deter me from being more active on the forum. Luckily, at the end of the day, I am able to meet others and go wheeling so it's all good for me!
    Don't take too much of the ribbing seriously. Go on Pirate and read some of the threads. We are pussycats compared to them.

Cant believe theres 8 pages of this.

I see six pages.
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

I see *. Been a long time since we had pages on nonsense to talk about! Nice work woody!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I see *. Been a long time since we had pages on nonsense to talk about! Nice work woody!
    Its the least I can do
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Maybe we could start a new thread every week recapping what was posted on the FB group.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

*lurking in the shadows*

I seem to find more interest in smaller groups of like-built jeeps, so I sit in the corner in the baby jeep section and just wait for something fun!

(PS fun to be had sooner than later!)
    Tiki's TJ is a 98 Wrangler Sport, 4.0l inline 6, sitting on BFG KO2 33's

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    Maybe we could start a new thread every week recapping what was posted on the FB group.
    Please no.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Or maybe different threads on things that can hurt you. Maybe the topics being posted are whats driving people away.
    Personally i come to this forum to see pictures of trails or videos of others offroading.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljeep View Post
    Personally i come to this forum to see pictures of trails or videos of others offroading.
    And I almost never watch videos, and really don't look for Jeep pics. I'm interested in the discussion.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

And I almost never watch videos, and really don't look for Jeep pics. I'm interested in the discussion.
    I guess im just more interested in the offroading and offroad knowledge that an offroad forum provides. Facebook just doesnt interest me, too much drama.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well videos and pics are all over FB, less on here.
    Last edited by calvarez; 01-31-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information