Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

Also this is less about politics specifically and more about the philosophical ideas that can also affect our decision-making in many areas.
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    That's not it at all. It's that voting for this group of a-holes will save 6 out of 10 rights, but at the same time, remove the 4 others. Do you save the bus full of children or the people in the car it's about to hit?
    You lost me on that one. In that scenario, or parable, by voting for a third party, or not voting at all, you'd basically be watching the bus hit the car, taking no action and accepting the outcome.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    You lost me on that one. In that scenario, or parable, by voting for a third party, or not voting at all, you'd basically be watching the bus hit the car, taking no action and accepting the outcome.

Almost true. By voting third party, most importantly, I'm being true to my conscience and ethics. Secondly, I'm sending a message, which you can argue is not really heard and/or meaningless. But refer back to my conscience and ethics. It's different from taking no action, but I can also accept that even if it's no different, that's still better than making a choice I don't believe in. Voting for a republican who will work against one set of rights or a democrat working against the other set is not logically better than just sitting it out and letting it happen.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Almost true. By voting third party, most importantly, I'm being true to my conscience and ethics. Secondly, I'm sending a message, which you can argue is not really heard and/or meaningless. But refer back to my conscience and ethics. It's different from taking no action, but I can also accept that even if it's no different, that's still better than making a choice I don't believe in. Voting for a republican who will work against one set of rights or a democrat working against the other set is not logically better than just sitting it out and letting it happen.
    I'm not going to argue it. You are saying in one paragraph exactly what I say in one word. Ceremonial.

I work with guys that vote third party or write in someone's name and they always say they did their part and wear their "I Voted" sticker proudly. It's their right.

Enough politics...

Kentucky derby runs this weekend! Think Baffert can do it again with his horse Justify? My Boy jack is sitting right in the middle and holding 30-1 odds at this point in time. I look him to land in the top three with a late charge. Should be a good race!

Who you betting on?

I think to much BS on the FB page.

midland 75-822
    Last edited by davidradio; 05-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidradio View Post
    I think to much BS on FB.
    ......fixed
    If youíre not paying for it, youíre the product. #deletefacebook

There simply cannot be clear and concrete evidence BEFORE action is taken. That is the problem. How would they substantiate it and then take the guns. They would say, "we want you to make an appointment with this mental health professional so we can determine if we need to take your guns based on what your ex wife told us...." Bam! no more ex wife!

They have to act immediately, and it will actually work out okay for those who are not mentally ill. But there should also be substantial penalties for anyone using the system in a malicious way. People are vindictive, always will be, but they should not able to use that without serious repercussions.
    I see major problems with just willy nilly enforcement at the drop of the hat if that's what your advocating. I just dont think it's reasonable to think all people are reasonable, then add government into the mix. lol

In the shootings we have seen (except for that vegas shooting) there has been clear cases for action. Yet government has fail us.

Enough politics...

Kentucky derby runs this weekend! Think Baffert can do it again with his horse Justify? My Boy jack is sitting right in the middle and holding 30-1 odds at this point in time. I look him to land in the top three with a late charge. Should be a good race!

Who you betting on?
    ops. I'll stop too. But some very good points made and done with very good manners. nice.

You don't have to stop. I was redirecting, but this is the perfect thread to do whatever you want. The title is non specific.

Defining the "action" the government should have taken is the hard part. The bad guy doesn't become a bad guy until the crime is committed.

So, now that the education. I'll has been signed, did douchy steal money from the OHV fund and if so, how much? Also if so don't we have an attorney on here that enjoys filing suits against the government?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    90 YJ, 93 4.0l, AX-15, 3.55 D35/30 with ARB F/R, Atlas 4.3:1, Warn Full Float kit rear, on 33's, M.O.R.E motor mounts, 1" BL, Warn 9k.

The bad guy doesn't become a bad guy until the crime is committed.
    With the FL school shooting, the shooter had already committed many crimes and been recommended for phych eval, but follow the money... The cops and district had financial incentives to reduce crime. How do you do that? Through hard work and effort to stop crimes, or by just not reporting or acting upon crimes? Yeah, heroes and thin blue line my rear.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by 62willy View Post
    So, now that the education. I'll has been signed, did douchy steal money from the OHV fund and if so, how much? Also if so don't we have an attorney on here that enjoys filing suits against the government?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Can't answer that yet. I'm sure it's going to get swept for many years to pay for this 20% increase.

If the fund is not being used, it will get swept. This is not the first time, won't be the last. We, as the OHV community, need to get 501C groups started and apply for the grants. But we can't even get people to show up to the meetings that discuss trail closures!!
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 05-03-2018 at 12:26 PM.

With the FL school shooting, the shooter had already committed many crimes and been recommended for phych eval, but follow the money... The cops and district had financial incentives to reduce crime. How do you do that? Through hard work and effort to stop crimes, or by just not reporting or acting upon crimes? Yeah, heroes and thin blue line my rear.
    That's right. It was reported, at some time prior to the act, that he had mental issues, anger issues, etc.. Right then is when you would have to act. But if you say that, you get called a Liberal......

Yes, we can blame the Obama admin for the new policies of not reporting to LEO, but that solves nothing at this point. Earlier, the term "forward thinking" was used. That is what we need now. What to do when someone is "reportedly" having mental and/or anger issues, right? We know what happens when we do nothing. People die, people point the finger of blame (at the gun), bla bla bla.

That's right. It was reported, at some time prior to the act, that he had mental issues, anger issues, etc.. Right then is when you would have to act. But if you say that, you get called a Liberal......
    You changed my words. I don't know if you did it intentionally, but it's something I see all the time in debate that kills the ability to be rational. I said he committed CRIMES. You then softened that to "issues." The issues should lead to further assessment. Not to depriving someone of their rights unless that further assessment, and due process, deem it to be legal. But the guy had ACTUALLY COMMITTED CRIMES and they didn't arrest him, or do anything at all about it.

I'm against depriving a person of their rights for having ISSUES.

I'm completely for depriving a person of their rights when they commit CRIMES.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread Information