Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

How is it splitting a party if I was never part of one to begin with? If my guy loses then at least I gave my honest opinion. Not vote for Darth Vader instead of Jabba the Hutt.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Johnson is a pothead, so there's that.
    Just one of the good things about him, sure.

How is it splitting a party if I was never part of one to begin with? If my guy loses then at least I gave my honest opinion. Not vote for Darth Vader instead of Jabba the Hutt.
    That's my point also. I am absolutely not a conservative nor a liberal. They are both just a bunch of horrible hypocrites.
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by dustin g View Post
    You don't have to be a part of either party in order to be considered a lost vote for either. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    Just one of the good things about him, sure.

That's my point also. I am absolutely not a conservative nor a liberal. They are both just a bunch of horrible hypocrites.
    For both of you. In order to understand what splitting the vote is, you have to first see which of the two parties you closest align with. It's easy to say you're neither simply because you don't want to be a part of either, but one of them more closely fits your preferences. I going to take a educated guess that since you are both for things like, open trails, smaller government, secure borders, etc. that, if forced to choose between the two parties, you would vote for the republican candidate. This is an assumption and I don't mean to offend.

So, you align closer with the republican party, but choose to vote for a third party pot head that has zero chance to win, that is splitting the party. Actually, Johnson aligned closer with the pubs then the dems, so he is the one facilitating the split. History has shown us that whenever a third party candidate is popular enough to win even a few states, those states are generally states that would have been won by the party he more closely aligned with.

Let's assume that you more closely align with the democratic party, but chose to vote for Bernie, assuming of course that he ran as an independent after being cheated out of the nomination by the DNC. Bernie would be facilitating the split of the democratic vote and just about guaranteeing a republican victory. But democrats won't do that.

In order for each of you understand my position of splitting the vote, you have to first realize there will not be a third party president ever again. Which means one of two parties SHOULD get you vote. If you vote for anyone other than the two major parties, in a non-parliamentarian government, you've weakened the chances of the candidate you most closely align with.

You don't have to be a liberal to vote democratic, or conservative to vote republican. But one of those two will match you closer than the other.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Bottom line, voting third party and going wheeling on election day pretty much accomplish the same thing.

I can't align with either. I can't vote to control uteruses or "unapproved" marriage with the right-nuts, just like I can't vote to control guns and speech like the left-nuts would like. They are all horrible things and I would consider it unethical (for me) to vote for anyone doing those things.

But one of those two will match you closer than the other.
    In what way? If there are ten hot items, maybe 6 align with one party? But what if the other 4 are really important, freedom-critical items? How would I choose which rights to sell out?

Bottom line, voting third party and going wheeling on election day pretty much accomplish the same thing.
    So stop voting you say? I'm about there. It's pretty useless. And don't say it, the only people who don't have a right to complain are the ones voting for a supposed lesser evil.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    I can't align with either. I can't vote to control uteruses or "unapproved" marriage with the right-nuts, just like I can't vote to control guns and speech like the left-nuts would like. They are all horrible things and I would consider it unethical (for me) to vote for anyone doing those things.

In what way? If there are ten hot items, maybe 6 align with one party? But what if the other 4 are really important, freedom-critical items? How would I choose which rights to sell out?

So stop voting you say? I'm about there. It's pretty useless. And don't say it, the only people who don't have a right to complain are the ones voting for a supposed lesser evil.
    Boom! Forward thinking at it's finest.
    Voting for the lesser evil is just keeping the status quo. Wanna change nothing? Vote for the lesser evil! Wanna make a change? Then do it and change things.
    I'm out.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

That looks great on paper, or as I like to call it, ceremonial.

So, six out of ten is a start. You do have to make tough choices at times. It's part of it! There's a crap load of republicans right now that are having to make some hard choices about gun control. Because if they don't soon, there will be a democratically controlled house and senate!

IMO, all citizens have the right to complain about the government, not just those that vote. Complaining starts discussions and discussions open eyes, sometimes.

I don't consider that forward thinking at all. We have a totally different idea of what "forward" means. I read that as "Since voting for that particular party will only help save 6 out of 10 rights, I just won't vote!" (or worse, vote third party).

I suggest, when in doubt, you vote to protect the first and second amendments. Which ever party that might be at that particular time. Remember when the Democrats were all about the working class? Not any more. It's a very dynamic situation!

Hey what happened to my thread?? This political talk really should be moved to the appropriate forum.

And why does this thread have more traffic than the BLM meeting thread?? This is a jeep forum!
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

"Hey what happened to my thread?? This political talk really should be moved to the appropriate forum.

And why does this thread have more traffic than the BLM meeting thread?? This is a jeep forum!"

Because THAT"S what happened to this forum.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    With our type of government, a republic, a vote for any candidate that is not part of the two parties, equates to throwing the vote away for ceremonial purposes. I hate it as much as the next guy, but it is the truth.
    But where in our constitution does it say we have to have only two parties? Where in the constitution does it talk about Presidential Primary elections?
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    They will not allow that to happen.
    Key point up there ^^^.
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

liberals showed up, lol

there went the forum. hahaha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    liberals showed up, lol

Gotta balance out the forum with the right wing nut jobs I guess
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Don't forget the meeting tonight with the BLM!!!

I had decided I wasn't going to this one, since I'm involved with two other BLM meetings/comment periods and two with the ADOT, but I may go after all. If I get in time.

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    liberals showed up, lol

He's back! I knew you couldn't stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    But where in our constitution does it say we have to have only two parties? Where in the constitution does it talk about Presidential Primary elections?
    It doesn't.

Because THAT"S what happened to this forum.
    "Like"
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 05-02-2018 at 09:15 AM.

I read that as "Since voting for that particular party will only help save 6 out of 10 rights, I just won't vote!"
    That's not it at all. It's that voting for this group of a-holes will save 6 out of 10 rights, but at the same time, remove the 4 others. Do you save the bus full of children or the people in the car it's about to hit?
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread Information