Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    I'm not complaining, not even a bit. I made an observation in answer to the topic/question, "What happened to this forum?"

But it is true that I don't know another way to say "your timing is ******ed."
    How about "Your timing is not as advanced as we would like for it to be at this stage. If it drops any farther behind, special classes may be in order". Oh wait, that's about something else.

Bill

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    90 YJ, 93 4.0l, AX-15, 3.55 D35/30 with ARB F/R, Atlas 4.3:1, Warn Full Float kit rear, on 33's, M.O.R.E motor mounts, 1" BL, Warn 9k.

Quote Originally Posted by 62willy View Post
    How about "Your timing is not as advanced as we would like for it to be at this stage. If it drops any farther behind, special classes may be in order". Oh wait, that's about something else.

Bill

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Bahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I've found it's usually the folks with no children, or with grown children who are most concerned with censoring bad words. It's as if they want to protect other people's kids. That may or may not be the case here.
    I have kids and I like that they can be on the site and not encounter words I don't want them to read. I personally don't swear and appreciate a family friendly site.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

97 Cherokee with NP242 T-Case/skid plate, front/rear skid plates, tow package, RC 4.5" LA lift, locked f/r, trussed 8.8,410s, dual steering stabilizer on 33x12.5 mud claws on 15x10 rims. Custom rock sliders, rugged ridge fender flares, & 9k lumen light bar.

It also cuts down on the name calling. Telling someone they are a Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins just doesn't sound as mean as telling them they have xxxx for brains!
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

But it is true that I don't know another way to say "your timing is ******ed."
    Do you feel that this is due to a lack of education or a lack of IQ?

Please do not take any offense to the question. I am genuinely curious.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

An observation on family friendly... My family knows how to think. I wouldn't teach kids to be special little snowflakes that must be protected from "bad" words. I'm much more concerned with them seeing censorship as normal than with them seeing the word ****. So I find this policy completely family-unfriendly.
    X2.
    I do not practice the shield method of parenting. I wouldn't have time for anything else. The world is ****ed and I am not going to sugar coat it for her. She will have reasonable expectations of the world as she grows instead of freaking out about every wittle bitty thing anyone says.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Also I LOVE to swear!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dustin g View Post
    Also I LOVE to swear!
    Potty mouth mother******!
    Get Down With the Sickness!

This may be considered a micro aggression, but maybe we’ve got it backwards. What if we completely un-modded the board with the exception of the NSFW section. Then rename the NSFW section the “Safe Space” section. This way everyone has a place. Can we try it?
    Last edited by 2equisYJ; 02-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    Story antagonist

Quote Originally Posted by 2equisYJ View Post
    This may be considered a micro aggression, but maybe we’re got it backwards. What if we completely un-modded the board with the exception of the NSFW section. Then rename the NSFW section the “Safe Space” section. This way everyone has a place. Can we try it?
    Hahahaha! I like this idea.
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information