Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    This isn't my thread.

I still have fun on FB. I'm currently in a great conversation about the 2A, and the constitution in general, with an FFL who feels ALL gun purchases should be through an FFL!

It's like shooting ducks in a barrel!
    I suppose he doesn't see that as infringement at all, right?
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    I suppose he doesn't see that as infringement at all, right?
    Of course not!! He also feels ALL convicted felons should lose their gun rights! So I asked why should a felony DUI or felony forgery restrict gun rights.

Then I asked him to show me in the constitution where it says convicted felons cannot keep and bear arms. Silence.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Naw. Nobody on Facebook bumps their own thread as much as you do.
    Still hurt I see. Listen, Jeff, it's not you. Okay? It's me. It was just time for me to move on. I do appreciate you getting all twisted up inside and all, even though we've never actually met, but you need to move on. Let go! You don't need me, Facebook VJC doesn't need me, it's better this way. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Of course not!! He also feels ALL convicted felons should lose their gun rights! So I asked why should a felony DUI or felony forgery restrict gun rights.

Then I asked him to show me in the constitution where it says convicted felons cannot keep and bear arms. Silence.
    Agreed 100%. If the writers of the 2nd meant to restrict certain classes of people, I would think they would have said, "Shall not be infringed unless you're a convicted felon". On the flip side, I did get a felony DUI here in AZ in 2003 and I got my rights restored just as soon as I could. And did.
    Ted - K2AMD

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Agreed 100%. If the writers of the 2nd meant to restrict certain classes of people, I would think they would have said, "Shall not be infringed unless you're a convicted felon". On the flip side, I did get a felony DUI here in AZ in 2003 and I got my rights restored just as soon as I could. And did.
    I dont know. There are restrictions an such to clarify limits/boundaries on amendments. "Cant yell fire" for example. Personally I think the ALL felons restriction is a bit overboard. Perhaps violent offenses using a firearm is something no one should disagree with. Being liquored up and in possession (on his person) of a firearm might be something too. All of these depending on severity should have a sunset IMO.

Unfortunately the anti-rights nutters have no interest in rational discussion on that. ANYTHING that would allow a person to be armed is something they will fight with zero logic or thought. The ATF themselves said we should take suppressors off the NFA, yet the nuts fight that with no reason. When I hear one of them talk about "compromise" I remind them that compromise means giving something in exchange for taking something. What restriction are you willing to remove in order to enact a new one?

<CRICKETS>
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

And while you can't yell "theatre" in a crowded firehouse, nobody is stuffing a sock in your mouth to prevent it, unlike banning gun ownership which is pre-emptive.
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    And while you can't yell "theatre" in a crowded firehouse, nobody is stuffing a sock in your mouth to prevent it, unlike banning gun ownership which is pre-emptive.
    That is actually a very good point.

The whole debate from the left is so disingenuous now (always). The gov'ment dropped the ball big time in florida with this nut job, yet the NRA and AR-15's are the big boogy-men.

Curious how you and others think about pre-emptive removal of arms from obvious nut jobs? I like it in concept but I can see some major abuse possibilities. A pissed off x-wife calling in saying she's scared of you, and you have GUNS!. Other examples are likely out there as well.

And there in lies the problem, who decides, who decides who decides, and why they decide, not a fan of any ban, or removal, hell any of you could be adjudicated as wacked with some of your posts, i know i could be, and i'm pretty mellow. at times.

from my cold dead hands, and you can count on it, from me.
    Rj

I guess turning this into the Virtual Gun Club will save the forum.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

What happened to this forum?

Yes!! I will definitely support the VGC as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    A pissed off x-wife calling in saying she's scared of you, and you have GUNS!. Other examples are likely out there as well.
    Hell, we already have something like this now. A guy at work is going through a divorce. The (ex) wife gets an order of protection, says she is afraid husband will hurt her and he has guns. Cops take guns. Dude has to go to court to get them back. True story.
    Ted - K2AMD

I guess turning this into the Virtual Gun Club will save the forum.
    Naw. Because then, like the VJC, if you don't use a certain model of gun, then you won't really be welcomed.
    Ted - K2AMD

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    And there in lies the problem, who decides, who decides who decides, and why they decide, not a fan of any ban, or removal, hell any of you could be adjudicated as wacked with some of your posts, i know i could be, and i'm pretty mellow. at times.

from my cold dead hands, and you can count on it, from me.
    Rj
    Something will be done and for the lefties the easiest thing is just remove the mean looking guns. More of these types of shootings just makes it hard to defend no matter the realities. By that I mean as horrific as they are, they really arent a blip statistically. Inner city deaths, ok, death by auto, ok, pool drownings, ok, poisonings, ok, etc. These things dont nearly get the play or tug on ones soul like kids getting shot in a school, yet the numbers are more horrific.

I'm open to having a line in the sand where guns are removed. All but one of these recent mass shootings there were CLEAR signs they should not have had access to a gun let alone buying them. Still it's tuff government proves themselves incapable too many times, florida is just one example.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information