Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What happened to this forum?

Re: What happened to this forum?

Legislators will soon learn how to use fax, just in time.
    Carlos Alvarez
    2015 copper pearl JKU Rubicon
    KG7EQI

I am about ready to block facebook usually just inane and ridiculous questions from new to jeeping folks and little to no info. Just like I expect facebook to be. Too bad this forum **** the bed used to be good.
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

The forum seems to be reviving. 45 updated threads to review this morning!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Ok Iv read pretty much every page except for the last two and I find it a bit funny.

I just got another Jeep recently and the first thing I did was post up that I'm back in the game on VJC.
    Over the past few years without a Jeep I was still lurking through the Pages and watching peoples builds. However, I did notice about a year ago or so the decline of this forum.
    I am 26 years old, I have a facebook, I have the VJC page on my FB. Iv looked at it once and never gone back.

My reasoning that I always come back to the forum is BECAUSE of the old folks on here. I post on FB and I get a bunch of people in my age group who think their S*** dont stink and they are God's gift to the Jeep world. No, I cant stand this. Im not saying that I am better than everyone out there nor do I know everything about every Jeep on the road. However, when you dont know something you keep your mouth shut and listen to the older folk who have done this more times than they can count. i enjoy the knowledge I can get from forums like this from people who are realistic and will admit when they either do, or do not know something. For me thats a big key point of forums such as this. Maybe im saying a little much but IMHO id say a good portion of people using the FB page are people we probably wouldnt want posting on VJC everyday asking what flavor of motor oil they should use in their window washer container that is located by their gas tank.

Lastly, the other important bullet point for me personally is I have made some life long friends from this website. People I now jokingly call "mom" and "dad" and go to their kids birthday parties and build other projects with them not Jeep related. The friends and the family I have made from a page like this will always captivate a little piece of respect for this specific forum. People here used to have weekend wrenching parties, and if something bad happened VJC was on top of it as if it was their own child getting beaten u by a bully. Hell, I even met my Chiropractor on VJC when I was in a lot of pain!!! Andrew Heath has been around here supporting the group and community for years!

I do wish cussing was a little more lax as Iv never met a Jeeper that doesnt use the occasional **** now and again but, that doesnt stop me from coming back.
    Last edited by LowOutPut2.5; 02-13-2018 at 12:54 PM.

I'd like to propose a couple idea's maybe "spruce up" vjc.
    These are purely Idea's so dont shoot me down too hard LOL.

We can start 4 new threads titled "north valley" "east Valley" "west alley" "south valley". People that live in those areas can post up and "Wave hello" so that you know who your neighbors are.
    This could also promote more events in those areas and hopefully make some more friends ships and get the VJC name out further.

How about a big Annual Camping trip? I feel like we used to do this years ago when I had my last Jeep but maybe not?
    We can do it in a new location every year. (Preferably in the woods (lol)) People from Stock to Level 5 can come out and play around, learn, etc...

Wrenching Parties?

Quote Originally Posted by LowOutPut2.5 View Post

We can start 4 new threads titled "north valley" "east Valley" "west alley" "south valley". People that live in those areas can post up and "Wave hello" so that you know who your neighbors are.
    This could also promote more events in those areas and hopefully make some more friends ships and get the VJC name out further.

How about a big Annual Camping trip? I feel like we used to do this years ago when I had my last Jeep but maybe not?
    We can do it in a new location every year. (Preferably in the woods (lol)) People from Stock to Level 5 can come out and play around, learn, etc...

Wrenching Parties?
    I like the idea

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hell, I even met my Chiropractor on VJC when I was in a lot of pain!!! Andrew Heath has been around here supporting the group and community for years!
    Nice! I never wanted a jeep, never thought I'd own a jeep and was not into off roading a bit. That all changed when my FIL passed away and his cj sat rotting in his back yard. It was our buddy Katvans that turned me on (to the AZVJC ) and it's been 5 years since I joined. First thing I look at every morning is this forum. I appreciate all the advise, labor and comraderie. Thanks for the kind words Austin, hope to see you soon in my office or in the dirt.
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Wrenching Parties?
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljeep View Post
    I like the idea
    A place for sub groups exists on the forum already, and there are a few that have been around for quite a awhile. Here is the link to the groups section. You can create new groups if you like: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/group.php

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Yes, that's what this forum needs, more and more subgroups and complexity.
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    Yes, that's what this forum needs, more and more subgroups and complexity.
    I have to agree with this. ^^

However, if there's going to be sub groups, it needs to be by type. Those darn JK owners are a breed all their own!

BTW, that radio worked sweeeeeeet!! Covered the entire race course area, about 38K acres. I even had to ask some folks down in tonopah to switch frequencies since we were using that one. Thanks again.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Damn, that's pretty damn good. Glad it worked as needed.

JK owners...sheesh...
    Carlos Alvarez
    KG7EQI

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Those darn JK owners are a breed all their own!
    Don’t throw us all under the bus. Some of us are OG retired rock crawlers enjoying a newer comfy ride. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    Damn, that's pretty damn good. Glad it worked as needed.

JK owners...sheesh...
    Hey! I have a JKU too, itís a nice car
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Quote Originally Posted by aribelin View Post
    Hey! I have a JKU too, itís a nice car
    Don't you start in on us too!
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

Not getting word on why your thread was removed, kind of annoying. More just would like to know why.
    Can anyone tell me why my automotive give aways was removed?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information