Thread: ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

Question ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

I am wondering if using plastic or metal ammo cans to store fluids/oil in the jeep is a good way to prevent spills? I have just been throwing the quart oil bottles on the floorboard, but I am fearful that they might get punctured or rupture and make a huge mess. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

Check put Artec Industries Quart Crates. Good stuff!

http://www.artecindustries.com/Quart_Crates

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Re: ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Check put Artec Industries Quart Crates. Good stuff!

http://www.artecindustries.com/Quart_Crates

Scott
    X2 I run a six quart one: motor oil, trans oil, power steering fluid, and brake fluid with a couple of them doubled up.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

Ammo cans are a decent solution because they can be hard mounted, easily. They are waterproof and fit a variety of stuff. They are bulky, though.

That said, like the above comments, I opted for Artec. It's a smaller footprint, that is purpose built. No worry about things shifting around, as they are locked in place. The 6-pack fits my needs, well.

Last edited by Huck; 12-07-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: ammo cans for storing fluids/oil in the jeep?

I went with the Ballistic fabs version of the oil bottle holder. Only because it opened on the left instead of the right, and they are made down in Tucson.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Thread Information