Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual "Toyzukijohn" Newb/Noob Box Canyon Run -- 01/20/18

Re: Annual "Toyzukijohn" Newb/Noob Box Canyon Run -- 01/20/18

Lo Phat, I'm going to ask for a clarification and reconsideration of your denial. I went back and checked #1. The criteria is that a Noob joined after Jan 21, 2017. By that alone I figure I qualify. I "joined" AZVJC in July 2017 with my paid Life Membership. Up until that time I had merely registered for web access, which cost me nothing. Is that what you consider joining AZVJC? Yeh, I see the Nov 2015 reference as the date I "joined" the web site, but heck, anyone can do that. Isn't joining and supporting AZVJC a little more worthy? Sign me up with a decal too, being #7 benefits his family. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post

We are once again approaching the anniversary of a very sad day for the Virtual Jeep Club. On January 21, 2012 we lost "Toyzukijohn" (John Beazley) on the way to a run that had been organized specifically for new VJC members. It was decided to continue doing the run as an annual tribute to our lost friend. In keeping with the spirit of the original run, this will always be a newb/noob run. If you would like the opportunity to become more familiar with your new Jeep while meeting other VJC members, then we encourage you to sign up.

Who:

This year's run is once again being hosted by PBKing, greyst, and LO PHAT. Invitations are extended to all members who have joined the VJC since last year's run on January 21, 2017. There is no cap on the number of newbs/noobs who may sign up. Alumni/alumnae of the six previous runs are also welcome to join.

Additional invitations will once again be extended to those sporting the Toyzukijohn memorial decals. The price of each decal includes a donation to John's family, and additional donations are welcome. Please see post #7 for more information.

When:

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Plan for this to be an all day event!

Where:

Box Canyon

We will depart for the trail as a group from the Shell gas station on US-60 in Gold Canyon at 9:00 am. Please arrive before 8:45 am, especially if you need to purchase gas, snacks, water, ice, etc.

Gold Canyon Shell
    7138 East US Highway 60
    Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

It is tempting to rate the difficulty of this trail as easy, but it is often described as being on the lower end of moderate. There are several decent sized rocks to get over, and a giant ledge must be negotiated in Upper Box Canyon. Stock 4x4 SUVs with good ground clearance should be okay. Your vehicle may drag occasionally, but body damage is unlikely. We will be entering the area on Price Road and exiting the area on Cottonwood Road.

How to sign up:

Post in this thread with your name(s) and color/model of Jeep prior to the end of the day on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.

If you want to use the option of the memorial decal(s) to be eligible, you must contact LO PHAT to make your purchase/donation.

Please note that stripper names will again be given to those who cannot follow these simple sign up instructions.

Group breakfast:

Prior to the run PBKing will once again be hosting a tasty pancake and sausage breakfast. Additional details will be posted as they become available.

Boss of da stix
    1994 black and green XJ

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boss of Da Stix

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer109 View Post
    Lo Phat, I'm going to ask for a clarification and reconsideration of your denial. I went back and checked #1. The criteria is that a Noob joined after Jan 21, 2017. By that alone I figure I qualify. I "joined" AZVJC in July 2017 with my paid Life Membership. Up until that time I had merely registered for web access, which cost me nothing. Is that what you consider joining AZVJC? Yeh, I see the Nov 2015 reference as the date I "joined" the web site, but heck, anyone can do that. Isn't joining and supporting AZVJC a little more worthy? Sign me up with a decal too, being #7 benefits his family. Scott
    The rules are not intended to prevent people from joining the run, but rather to maintain the spirit of the original newb/noob run that John was a part of. You joined the forum in November of 2015, but I also see that you first posted in March of 2017. Regardless of the dates, I would certainly love to see you be a part of this year's run. Since you are wanting to purchase a memorial decal, you can sign up using that option. Please check your inbox for a PM with additional information about the memorial decals.

Quote Originally Posted by boss of da stix View Post
    Boss of da stix
    1994 black and green XJ
    You are on the list.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    The rules are not intended to prevent people from joining the run, but rather to maintain the spirit of the original newb/noob run that John was a part of. You joined the forum in November of 2015, but I also see that you first posted in March of 2017. Regardless of the dates, I would certainly love to see you be a part of this year's run. Since you are wanting to purchase a memorial decal, you can sign up using that option. Please check your inbox for a PM with additional information about the memorial decals.

You are on the list.
    Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boss of Da Stix

Scot68 - White TJ

Quote Originally Posted by SCOT68 View Post
    Scot68 - White TJ
    You are on the list.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Soniya and I (Paul) will be there.

Vehicle = 2012 ORANGE JKU, 37" MTR's, Newbee (certainly not a PRO like Nate).

Prefer BLACK decal

See y'all there!

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer109 View Post
    Please! Sign me up for the Noob run!
    Oldracer109 (Scott) 2013 white JKUR
    You are on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange1 View Post
    Soniya and I (Paul) will be there.

Vehicle = 2012 ORANGE JKU, 37" MTR's, Newbee (certainly not a PRO like Nate).

Prefer BLACK decal

See y'all there!
    You are on the list.

I was really looking forward to this but I got called into work so unfortunately I won't be able to make the run.

Quote Originally Posted by capsul View Post
    I was really looking forward to this but I got called into work so unfortunately I won't be able to make the run.
    Thank you for letting us know.

Sharon and I wont make it please remove me from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by RickzTJ View Post
    Sharon and I wont make it please remove me from the list.
    Thank you for letting us know.

Hi,
    I attended for the first time last year and wanted to come this year as an alumni
    Danielle - Red JK

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdani3 View Post
    Hi,
    I attended for the first time last year and wanted to come this year as an alumni
    Danielle - Red JK
    You are on the list.

Noticed plates, napkins, deserts, and chips remain open. We will bring plates, napkins, and plastic ware.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information