Thread: Upper Ajax Adventure - Sunday 11/19

Upper Ajax Adventure - Sunday 11/19

Cool little Jeep adventure yesterday!!!!!!

Nate and I were running Upper Ajax and maybe Highway to Hell with Huckleberry (VJC name, real name, Dave). Started on UA. Dave did awesome, but was having an issue with his air pressure thingie for his lockers. We decided best not to even attempt H2H with questionable lockers. So fearless Nate got the idea we could cut thru the trails and go catch Bob Chase and his group who were out running Reymert. It was going to be a surprise!

Mistake: we relied on FunTreks GPS chip to get us to Reymert lol. Or rather my interpretation of it. The trail start it appeared to recognize for Reymert was off Mineral Mountain. So it routed us through Ajax Mine up into Telegraph Canyon - to get back in US60 to go to Mineral Mountain lol. A stunningly beautiful long way around. We found a huge wash out (it was an optional, apparently where the road used to go, was able to back out), Dave got attacked by a cactus, and found a cool little cabin along the way.

It was karma that sent us through Telegraph! In there, two girl hikers flagged us down that they hadn't seen anyone all day and needed help, one wasn't feeling like they'd make it to hike out. We drove the one out with us. (Other wouldn't leave said she'd finish...ok) Ended up...in Superior behind the junior high.

The one we took out does have a Jeep. So she took a picture of Dave's VJC sticker and we told her find the forum and pop in and say hi.

We ran into a Game & Fish officer who was out making sure the deer hunters behaved. And the girls told us there are actually water drop boxes out in the desert - not sure if BLM or Game & Fish or who fills them, but they said the one they used had about 20 gallons of water in it. Also not sure how you know where they are.

The universe sent us there to help the girl hiker - I am convinced!

The picture uploader here stinks, and I do not have wifi - I will have to add the rest later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Blog Entries

Re: Upper Ajax Adventure - Sunday 11/19

Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
    Cool little Jeep adventure yesterday!!!!!!

Nate and I were running Upper Ajax and maybe Highway to Hell with Huckleberry (VJC name, real name, Dave). Started on UA. Dave did awesome, but was having an issue with his air pressure thingie for his lockers. We decided best not to even attempt H2H with questionable lockers. So fearless Nate got the idea we could cut thru the trails and go catch Bob Chase and his group who were out running Reymert. It was going to be a surprise!

Mistake: we relied on FunTreks GPS chip to get us to Reymert lol. Or rather my interpretation of it. The trail start it appeared to recognize for Reymert was off Mineral Mountain. So it routed us through Ajax Mine up into Telegraph Canyon - to get back in US60 to go to Mineral Mountain lol. A stunningly beautiful long way around. We found a huge wash out (it was an optional, apparently where the road used to go, was able to back out), Dave got attacked by a cactus, and found a cool little cabin along the way.

It was karma that sent us through Telegraph! In there, two girl hikers flagged us down that they hadn't seen anyone all day and needed help, one wasn't feeling like they'd make it to hike out. We drove the one out with us. (Other wouldn't leave said she'd finish...ok) Ended up...in Superior behind the junior high.

The one we took out does have a Jeep. So she took a picture of Dave's VJC sticker and we told her find the forum and pop in and say hi.

We ran into a Game & Fish officer who was out making sure the deer hunters behaved. And the girls told us there are actually water drop boxes out in the desert - not sure if BLM or Game & Fish or who fills them, but they said the one they used had about 20 gallons of water in it. Also not sure how you know where they are.

The universe sent us there to help the girl hiker - I am convinced!

The picture uploader here stinks, and I do not have wifi - I will have to add the rest later.
    Awesome story Diane, thank you for sharing, God is great! He works in mysterious ways . J Fig

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
    97TJD44,D30,Detroit,ARB,4:56,35's,Caged&Winch

Good on you for doing the right thing!!!!
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

That’s awesome how you found the hikers that needed help, but one girl stayed out there alone??? That sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    Thatís awesome how you found the hikers that needed help, but one girl stayed out there alone??? That sounds weird.
    It sounds like someone who set out with a goal and wouldn't give that goal up for any reason, even though staying out alone would be considered a very risky decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    It sounds like someone who set out with a goal and wouldn't give that goal up for any reason, even though staying out alone would be considered a very risky decision.
    This was the exact impression that I got from talking with her. Despite my multiple offers for her to ride out with me, she was adamant about being "solid" and wanting to complete the last several miles of her adventure.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

7. 11-21-2017, 06:53 AM

Reason
    Per user request

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    This was the exact impression that I got from talking with her. Despite my multiple offers for her to ride out with me, she was adamant about being "solid" and wanting to complete the last several miles of her adventure.
    I've been there before. Hope the hiker completed her adventure without incident and made it home.

9. 11-21-2017, 07:36 AM

Thread Information