Thread: JK two inch lift help

JK two inch lift help

So Iím happy with the amount of lift my Jeep has but the travel is lacking. The shocks are at the right size to keep the rear brake lines from pulling tight but when fully compressed thereís quite a bit of shock piston left. Iím thinking of adding shock spacers so I can have a little more droop. Can I just unbolt the brake line from the frame? Should I get a bracket for it? Should I worry about the spring falling out? Iím thinking not. Itís not much more droop. The front brake lines have plenty of slack for shock extensions so Iím not as worried about that. Has anyone been down this road and can help me out with suggestions?

Re: JK two inch lift help

1. Can I just unbolt the brake line from the frame? Yes, but I would support them some how
    2. Should I get a bracket for it? That's a good idea
    3. Should I worry about the spring falling out? That's a definite possibility. test it at home before the trail.

What shocks are you running? Do you know the compressed and extended lengths? Rather than run extensions I would suggest getting the correct length shocks. Also keep in mind that using stock mounts typically your shocks are what will limit your travel. The only way to get every inch of travel is to build custom mounts or swap in coilovers. Not saying you shouldnt try to get more travel, just saying at some point you have to accept your limitations.

Re: JK two inch lift help

Thanks for the input. I ordered Teraflex shock extensions and rear brake line drop brackets. I will test it at the same spot as my avatar and make sure all is good before I hit the trail. Just trying to maximize the use of what I have. I’m probably gonna stick with 33s. Hopefully I’ll have new tires by winter jamboree.

Thread Information