Thread: WTB Car Hauler

WTB Car Hauler

In the market for a trailer. Looking for a 16 footer to haul the YJ around on behind my WK2. Preferably something with a dovetail.

Thought I'd post up and see if anybody on the board was selling or contemplating selling. If so, let me know what you've got.

Thanks!

Scott
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Re: WTB Car Hauler

I found Deer Valley Trailers in Peoria to have very reasonable prices on Play Craft / Sun Country trailers. My 20' trailer was around $2,500 out the door brand new with warranty and everything. Craigslister's were asking anywhere from $2,000 to $3,000 for trailers ten years old...

Plus, Play Craft really stands behind the product! Over the course of 4,000 miles all four factory tires on my trailer had gone bad (blow out x1, leaking air x1, and low tread x4). Called up Play Craft and they immediately agreed to replace all four tires under warranty and covered shipping to Alaska. To make things even better they tossed in four new wheels to prevent me from paying a fee to have the tires/wheels swapped over. I highly recommend this company to anyone! Hands down best service in the trailer industry and I fully intend to purchase my gooseneck with them.
    Last edited by Demlockian; 11-08-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post
    I found Deer Valley Trailers in Peoria to have very reasonable prices on Play Craft / Sun Country trailers. My 20' trailer was around $2,500 out the door brand new with warranty and everything. Craigslister's were asking anywhere from $2,000 to $3,000 for trailers ten years old...

Plus, Play Craft really stands behind the product! Over the course of 4,000 miles all four factory tires on my trailer had gone bad (blow out x1, leaking air x1, and low tread x4). Called up Play Craft and they immediately agreed to replace all four tires under warranty and covered shipping to Alaska. To make things even better they tossed in four new wheels to prevent me from paying a fee to have the tires/wheels swapped over. I highly recommend this company to anyone! Hands down best service in the trailer industry and I fully intend to purchase my gooseneck with them.
    Thanks for the input man! I also found DVT through their CL ads and their cash prices for new 16' Play Craft / Sun Country and Top Hat brand do seem reasonable. Question for you - is your 20' built with angle iron or box frame? Also, it seems like everyone says the same thing about the factory tires almost regardless of trailer brand.

I've seen a few used 16 footers out there that appear to be in decent condition in the $1,300 range which is really where I would prefer to be, but they always get snapped up more quickly than I can react.

Scott
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Sun country are really good quality Iíve used / towed some of their semi trailers and was surprised in the quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

Thread Information