Thread: Friday Bulldog Run

Friday Bulldog Run

A few of us are going to play hooky on Friday and do a Bulldog run. Meet up time to be determined. Probably around 9am or so.
    We will head in Ellsworth (3554) and take trail 10 to the south. We might exit wolverine or take 1356 to Cottonwood exit or maybe even go 3512 to the AA Pit.
    A lot will depend on the size of the group and the weather.
    These trips tend to be casual. We stop several times to enjoy the view, pick up trash and chat it up a bit. At some point we will stop long enough to get some snacks and I will make cheese crisps. I will bring a pop up shade.

Everyone is welcome. It's a pretty easy trail overall but the Ellsworth entrance will be exciting to any newbies. There is a spot that feels tippy but really isn't. Just follow the big red cherokee and if I don't fall over, you probably won't either.

A permit is required. Do a google search for Bulldog Canyon Permit. Available by email. Free.

Attendees:
    Will e
    Bob and Eileen
    Chazur
    skipperw (maybe)
    Boss of da stix!
    Gothere95 (maybe)
    Last edited by Will E; 10-13-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Re: Friday Bulldog Run

I'm in
    Boss of Da Stix

Okay, let's figure 9am! Don't forget your permits!
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

I will have a friend riding along with me to check out the trail. See you in the a.m.

Life's Short - Play Dirty

I'm in if you have room and I can get the permit thing handled. Where do you meet, not familiar with the area

Quote Originally Posted by SKIPPERW View Post
    I'm in if you have room and I can get the permit thing handled. Where do you meet, not familiar with the area
    You are welcome to join!
    Permit by email might be a long shot but the ranger district station opens at 8am, that would give you time to get a permit and meet us at the trail head. Here is some info:
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...fsbdev3_018938

It's about a 15 minute drive from the station to the trail head.

We meet at the 3554 trail entrance on Ellsworth road. Ellsworth becomes Usary pass road somewhere north of McKellips and South of Bush Highway. The Ranger station can give you specific directions. It's a large dirt parking area on the East side of the road.

I believe this is a google map of the trail head location:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bu...4d-111.6172354

I'll send you a PM with my cell phone. Keep me updated. You can also post up here on your permit progress and I will check a few times in the morning. Even if we head off you can easily catch us since we tend to stop a few times to chat. The trail is easy to follow.
    Last edited by Will E; 10-12-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Hi all,
    Were going to try to make this run, we will be in a white JKU stock rubi. Got to stop and get that permit too though.
    Will you be on a specific CB channel?

4 in our party.
    See you at 9

Thx
    Ben
    Last edited by Gothere95; 10-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.

We will run on Channel 7. The trail head is about 15 minutes from the Ranger station. If you are running late you won't have any trouble catching us. We normally stop about a mile or so into the trail at a scenic spot and BS for a while. Hope to see ya!

Mike, running late. Trouble with passenger seat belt. Don't wait. If I get it fixed we will try to catch up.
    Charlie

Sorry had to cancel, won't make it out.

Thanks everyone, I had a great time jeeping and hanging out. It's still a bit warm but in the shade it was nice.

Nice day on Bulldog. It sure has changed since my last trip back in the spring. Looks like the rains have done us all a favor and made it a little rougher in spots. Thanks, Mike, for getting us back out for Friday Dirt Therapy!

Life's Short - Play Dirty

Eileen & I had fun on the trail. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by bobchase View Post
    Eileen & I had fun on the trail. Thanks for letting us tag along.
    Were you happy with the performance offroad of the new components added?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes I was. There were a couple of places where I heard a 'clunk' that I had never heard before and, strangely, it occurred in places where I wasn't especially stretched out or compressed. The Synergy LCA's are here so when I install them I'll look for any new strike points.

Thread Information