Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vulture Mine Mtg. 10/5-Deer Valley community center

Re: Vulture Mine Mtg. 10/5-Deer Valley community center

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    I’ll be there but on the bike.
    I'll be on one of mine, as well. Taking the RoadKing, tonight.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    I'll be on one of mine, as well. Taking the RoadKing, tonight.
    I saw you but I donít really know anyone so I sat alone. I was the only one asking about the road changes. LOL

Itís one of our favorite routes if weíre riding to breakfast or lunch in Wickenburg. Ever go to the Horseshoe Cafe? Awesome breakfast. Screamers is another favorite for burgers.

Itís too bad theyíre planning to take out the S curve but if itís safer for everyone then I guess itís a good idea.
    Last edited by armygreenjk; 10-06-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Here’s the planned development areas.

Name:  D7F17D5C-D7BD-4613-83FE-624F12F14BD9.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  150.0 KB

Iím having issues posting this morning.
    Last edited by armygreenjk; 10-06-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Hereís the plan at the airstrip. They didnít have a detailed map of the northern area.

Name:  C25FF96F-8D13-4F8F-AD00-D7AB88A47E4B.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  127.5 KB
    Last edited by armygreenjk; 10-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Oops. Double post.
    Last edited by armygreenjk; 10-06-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Vulture Mine Mtg. 10/5-Deer Valley community center

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    I saw you but I donít really know anyone so I sat alone. I was the only one asking about the road changes. LOL

Itís one of our favorite routes if weíre riding to breakfast or lunch in Wickenburg. Ever go to the Horseshoe Cafe? Awesome breakfast. Screamers is another favorite for burgers.

Itís too bad theyíre planning to take out the S curve but if itís safer for everyone then I guess itís a good idea.
    I saw when you pulled up and figured that you were the only other guy who had Harley clothing, on. Lol

Sorry we didn't meet. You should have stopped over or even pulled up a chair at the table. I was stuck talking with officials, all night long or I would have come over and introduced myself. We didn't finish our conversation with Rem, until 8:10 or so.

We now have a 30 day comment period to help guide the way this project develops. It is my goal to post up some talking points the email address for where they should be sent. Individuals can take the general talking points and work them into your own words, then email them in.

It is important to note that this project was started in 2009. Apparently, it 'is' going to happen and OHV (per their timeline) was the last group to show up at the party. What we need to do, is to insure that our needs/wants are commented upon and suggested. That way, as the project comes together we can at least make it usable for OHV peeps.

Things like length of pull through spots in their improved camping areas... and things like how tight of a turn they make on any new trails they propose-many folks are locked and having a tight turn will cause scrubbing and possible particulate issues for Maricopa County...

Doug- we should bounce ideas off of one another and get a thread posted up for the comment period.

I'm also waiting on Jeff Gursh to send me some updated talking/comment points.

Some facts: This project/lease is for 1000 acres out of the 7000 total acres. Originally, the county wanted the entire 7000 acres and the BLM wouldn't let it happen.
    The lease will most likely be for 20 years.
    OHV usage is a priority for this area, however, OHV needs were some of the last addressed, by the County.
    The County states that closing the area for races, will not be an issue and is easily accomplished.
    The federal government has mandated more single track trails be developed and more events/races take place on BLM managed, lands. The top of the federal government has mandated the BLM focus on adding OHV use to their managed lands and to not take it away. Letters to your federal representatives can go a long way. Who knows, maybe it would even kill this deal, if it can be shown as hand-cuffing OHV use.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

The federal government has mandated more single track trails be developed and more events/races take place on BLM managed, lands. The top of the federal government has mandated the BLM focus on adding OHV use to their managed lands and to not take it away.
    This is very intriguing music to my ears Huck, and is the first time I have ever heard this, not that I'm on top of the game here or anything. Any insight as to when the top of the federal government began mandating that the BLM focus on adding OHV use to their managed lands? That welcome statement certainly flies in the face of many of the interactions we have had with BLM field offices in the past.

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Vulture Mine Mtg. 10/5-Deer Valley community center

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    This is very intriguing music to my ears Huck, and is the first time I have ever heard this, not that I'm on top of the game here or anything. Any insight as to when the top of the federal government began mandating that the BLM focus on adding OHV use to their managed lands? That welcome statement certainly flies in the face of many of the interactions we have had with BLM field offices in the past.

Scott
    The BLM were sent a mandate, earlier this Summer, from what I understand. I was told the multiple points of the mandate from a BLM employee, earlier this week. It was suggested that we skip the state level and go straight to our federal reps, to comment about shrinking OHV, etc, at that time.

I referenced this mandate during the course of a conversation, last night, with a BLM employee I had just met. He confirmed it, saying it came straight from the top and was very direct.

Along with you, both employees stated that they had never seen anything like this mandate, before. It is an interesting development and one we should explore/exploit. When BLM guys who are OHV friendly, say you should try going straight to the top, I believe we should listen.
    Last edited by Huck; 10-06-2017 at 11:47 AM.

The BLM were sent a mandate, earlier this Summer, from what I understand. I was told the multiple points of the mandate from a BLM employee, earlier this week. It was suggested that we skip the state level and go straight to our federal reps, to comment about shrinking OHV, etc, at that time.

I referenced this mandate during the course of a conversation, last night, with a BLM employee I had just met. He confirmed it, saying it came straight from the top and was very direct.

Along with you, both employees stated that they had never seen anything like this mandate, before. It is an interesting development and one we should explore/exploit. When BLM guys who are OHV friendly, say you try going straight to the top, I believe we should listen.
    Yes indeed. That is fantastic.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

The Mandate came directly from Ryan Zinke, Trump's secretary of the interior. The guy is 100% against leasing public lands to local government. He is 100% against preventing citizens from using the lands. He is against the unnecessary closing of trails. We have four years. Contact your reps now. Jeff Flake was supposedly on our side but all I get from him is an auto reply. Email the white house. Keep the pressure on. We have four years, hopefully eight.

You want trails reopened in the florence area? Now is the time to contact the Department of the Interior and demand it! Ask that they prove the closures were necessary. Go!

The south area, the airstrip, should not even be in this proposal. The BLM has already planned to build camping amenities in the area and they would be free to use. The County wants it written that the BLM will not build anything to compete with the county in the area. So, that means they are taking control of 28K acres. One person I spoke to said it's very likely that all gates into the area on the west side of vulture mine road will be locked so that the only access is through the county park. It's pure bull****.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

A comment thread would be good. Posting the email address for the comments would be great. I plan to comment more.

Unrelated to this project, I heard the county is asking for all the singletrack trails in the buckeye hills area be designated for non motorized use; hiking and mountain biking only. And yet, I can't seem to get our two wheeled brethren involved. It will an alternative.

I was at the original meeting in 2009. I tried to warn the people then that asking for amenities in the area would bring this type of development.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    A comment thread would be good. Posting the email address for the comments would be great. I plan to comment more.

Unrelated to this project, I heard the county is asking for all the singletrack trails in the buckeye hills area be designated for non motorized use; hiking and mountain biking only. And yet, I can't seem to get our two wheeled brethren involved. It will an alternative.
    I was told that exact thing, last night, at the meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information