Thread: Florence area Thursday 12th. or Four Peaks???

Florence area Thursday 12th. or Four Peaks???

Hi all,

Anyone want to go out and explore the Florence area trails, or do the Four Peaks trail on Thursday 12th.?

I Have run Box Canyon before and would like to check out some of the other trails there but don't want to go alone, would be cool to check out the Coke Ovens, or???

As for Four Peaks I haven't run that trail before, but have always wanted to check it out.

I'll be running a 01 WJ with 4" lift and 32" tires so nothing extreme, would like to stay with moderate or less.

I'm up to do either trail, let me know your preferences.

Thx
    Last edited by Gothere95; 10-01-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Re: Florence area Thursday 12th. or Four Peaks???

It looks like you are new to the VJC, so hello and welcome.

Here are a couple of thoughts for you...

1) Be aware that the Coke Ovens are on private property. They are not (legally) accessible to the general public (without illegally trespassing).

2) If you do not want to do any extreme or moderate trials, then you should close this thread in the "moderate runs" section of the forum and create a new thread in the "pleasure/stock runs" section of the forum.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

I could do either areas if my shocks get in Monday or Tues. If not, I can do the 4 peaks main trail (but not the side trails). If my new shocks are installed I'd like to do Reymert Mine.

Happy Trails
    Bob

Not sure of all the trails out there but if someone knows of, or wants to do a specific trail I'm up for that as well.
    Last edited by Gothere95; 10-01-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    It looks like you are new to the VJC, so hello and welcome.

Here are a couple of thoughts for you...

1) Be aware that the Coke Ovens are on private property. They are not (legally) accessible to the general public (without illegally trespassing).

2) If you do not want to do any extreme or moderate trials, then you should close this thread in the "moderate runs" section of the forum and create a new thread in the "pleasure/stock runs" section of the forum.

Hi Lo Phat,
    Thanks for the welcome and hello.
    I thought about posting this in the pleasure stock runs thread but wasn't sure of what the Coke Ovens trail was rated at, also the four peaks trail? I guess I should have said I'm looking to do a easier moderate trail vs. a stocker trail if that makes sense? So I edited the post to show for a moderate trail, but let me know if I should put this in the pleasure/stock thread.
    I did read that about the Coke Ovens now on private land, but is that at the last part of the trail? Can you get close enough to see them without trespassing, or would you suggest a different trail?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobchase View Post
    I could do either areas if my shocks get in Monday or Tues. If not, I can do the 4 peaks main trail (but not the side trails). If my new shocks are installed I'd like to do Reymert Mine.

Happy Trails
    Bob

Hi Bob,
    I'm flexible, all that sounds good to me. I haven't read much on the Reymert Mine, sounds interesting.

Depending on trail, I'll either run a WJ that I have put a new lift on, or a newer stock Rubicon.

Thread Information