Thread: Thinking about super swamper tires

Thinking about super swamper tires

i have 35'' Cooper Discoverer stt's on my Jeep and im not happy with them. They have chunked really bad. Before these i always used the old Goodyear MTR's. So im thinking of running super swamper LTB's cuz they are cheap. Soon my Jeep will no longer be my DD. I really need tuff side walls. what do you think Any body use them?
    Last edited by weekend warrior; 09-23-2017 at 08:59 PM.

2. 09-23-2017, 08:45 PM

Re: Thinking about super swamper tires

I did see this http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...=super+swamper but he said it could just be b/c he getting old.

i had a set of the coopers i bough used, they were chunked somewhat, but mounted them and rode on them till almost bald, i liked the tire, it did well in wet, and dry and while chunking away, was not road friendly, but i had a trailer queen, i really liked the tires, but ended up with mtrs, well, imo not as good a tire, leaked like sieves from cactus needles, sidewalls were crap. have an old set of mtrs on it now, but it just sets and begs me to take it out, maybe soon.
    IN regards to post, i had the swampers also, imo ok tire, i'm a terror to sidewalls, so you can imagine how that turned out.
    longevity of tire is really based on your driving style and the obstacles you do , good luck, dang buying tires is like a pair of shoes, really don't know how they'[ll fit or work till you put some miles on them. as for the original post, i had a set of these also, but being as i am hard on sidewalls, it didn't turn out well, not to say they were bad, they just weren't condusive to my driving style . good luck, selecting tires is tough, like buying shoes, don't know how they'll turn out till a few miles are had.
    Good luck

Rj
    Last edited by knockonit; 09-24-2017 at 06:10 AM.

I had a set of LTBs once and really liked them, but they wear out fast on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    i had a set of the coopers i bough used, they were chunked somewhat, but mounted them and rode on them till almost bald, i liked the tire, it did well in wet, and dry and while chunking away, was not road friendly, but i had a trailer queen, i really liked the tires, but ended up with mtrs, well, imo not as good a tire, leaked like sieves from cactus needles, sidewalls were crap. have an old set of mtrs on it now, but it just sets and begs me to take it out, maybe soon.
    IN regards to post, i had the swampers also, imo ok tire, i'm a terror to sidewalls, so you can imagine how that turned out.
    longevity of tire is really based on your driving style and the obstacles you do , good luck, dang buying tires is like a pair of shoes, really don't know how they'[ll fit or work till you put some miles on them. as for the original post, i had a set of these also, but being as i am hard on sidewalls, it didn't turn out well, not to say they were bad, they just weren't condusive to my driving style . good luck, selecting tires is tough, like buying shoes, don't know how they'll turn out till a few miles are had.
    Good luck

Rj
    thanks for the info and your right it is "like buying shoes" but dose not hurt to ask. As for my driving style and the obstacles I do. I like to think that i'm a finesse driver and I love crawling rocks but i do the easy scenic trails also . I used to be a sidewall killer but had to be more careful cuz it got too expensive buying new tires all the time. But sometimes you have no choice but to crawl up the rocks on the sidewalls.

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    I had a set of LTBs once and really liked them, but they wear out fast on the road.
    Thanks for the reply. That's why i'm thinking of going with the super swamper LTB's cuz they are cheap to replace when they do wear out.

disregard, I was going to recommend the Bit Bulls for sale on here, but wrong size.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

yea the pit bulls are sick looking but i have seen people killing the side walls early on in the tires life.

LTB's were the stickiest tire on the rocks I have ever ran and never cut a sidewall. Sucked on road, don't balance well, and wear fast. Good for a trail only rig, but only if you trailer or don't have to drive too far to the trails.

Josh D
    '71 J2000 Gladiator '95 YJ '80 911 Super Carrera

Picked up some Barely Used 36/12.50/15 inch Super Swamper SX's . Thanks for all the replies I think I have made a good decision. Although I have not tested them yet. but for the most part as long as I don't kill the sidewalls on them I'll be happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good choice. I’m loving my M-16’s!

Name:  EC5616D4-671E-4092-8E47-5ADB8D7F59FB.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  258.9 KB

Thread Information