Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CentryLink

Question CentryLink

I am thinking about switching from Cox to CentryLink, I would like to hear any good or bad about them. I would be getting their 80Mbps service (fastest they offer for my house) for $45 a month with their rate lock. I currently have Cox 100Mbps @ $89 a month, no phone or TV service needed. I was on the 50Mbps plan, so if CentryLink can hold that I would be good. I am not sure if the 80Mbps is fiber or DSL. I am curious about reliability, with Cox my internet has about a 99.9% up time in the last 10 years. Only real issues has been my modems dying off and my IP has only changed when my modem changed.

I am just looking at trying to save some money, but don't want to suffer quality much (granted I know their customer service is one of the worst ).
    2013 JKU RUBICON 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Wife's DD
    2003 TJ Rubicon: Trailer queen
    1990 XJ: Somewhere in Mesa

Re: CentryLink

Quote Originally Posted by AZJeeps View Post
    I am thinking about switching from Cox to CentryLink, I would like to hear any good or bad about them. I would be getting their 80Mbps service (fastest they offer for my house) for $45 a month with their rate lock. I currently have Cox 100Mbps @ $89 a month, no phone or TV service needed. I was on the 50Mbps plan, so if CentryLink can hold that I would be good. I am not sure if the 80Mbps is fiber or DSL. I am curious about reliability, with Cox my internet has about a 99.9% up time in the last 10 years. Only real issues has been my modems dying off and my IP has only changed when my modem changed.

I am just looking at trying to save some money, but don't want to suffer quality much (granted I know their customer service is one of the worst ).
    If you can wade thru their lies go ahead.
    Awful company

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

had the same experience^

I just had the install done this week so I havnt even gotten the first bill!
    They run the FO thru the ph line!
    I had to tell them 4 times that I wanted no part of direct tv!
    I'm now getting 2-3 emails a day from stupid direct tv.
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Don't do it. You'll never get what they promise you, their customer service is literally the worst possible experience you could have, and you'll never get a bill that's the same amount as the month before. I switched from dish network to cox to centurylink, and eventually went back to cox. Centurylink was the worst of all of them.

I cancelled after my contract had expired before I moved, yet magically, my account continued to accrue new charges for 4 months until I finally received an invoice at my new address, for service at my old address. When I called, they explained that they didn't realize that I wanted to cancel my entire account when I moved, they thought I only wanted to cancel the television service, so they left the internet turned on. Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Lies, add-on services without your consent, "accidental" over charges and worst of all, the internet was about SLOW!! I complained constantly, they started charging me for service calls, which I refused to pay, sent back their ***** and received a $690 bill which took 12 months to get cleared off my credit report!
    They are a *****hole company with ***** services!! Don't fall for their $20 a month "super" internet; not worth $1!
    Get Down With the Sickness!

CenturyLink has the worst customer service imaginable.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Wow. I've had they for years without issue.

Blog Entries

Don't switch, like it was said on prior posts, my own bill is always changing, and I have to call C.S. to get it rectified every other month,they are the only choice in my neck of the woods , If I could get cox I would have done it

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
    97TJD44,D30,Detroit,ARB,4:56,35's,Caged&Winch

Blog Entries

The only good thing I could say about them is that our bill was less than what we pay cox for internet service.

We CONSTANTLY had connection issues. especially when it rained. I would call and they would send a tech out three days later, when everything dried up and no longer had issues.
    would drop for days at a time, or bounce to the point of being un usable. They would blame it on our router, in the 2 1/2 years of service we had 6, 4 from them and 2 after market ones.
    They tried to charge us every time we had a tech come out.
    NEVER got close to the speed they promised us, a day after we got it configured.
    would suddenly stop using the auto payment, but would never tell us that they stopped, so we would be late on the bill. and would have to set up auto payment all over again, an fight to get the late charges dropped.

Yeah I'll never have century link again.

COX is terrible, they are expensive. but I'll be honest. 99.9% of the time that doesn't matter, because for the last 2 years I had their service, and the time I had before that, it works. and when its not working, I call and (after a 2 hour wait on hold) they confirm the outage and can give me an approx time to repair.

I have cox and it goes out probably 10+ times a day . My neighbors have similar issues , they even had to stop working from home cuz it was dropping too much. They both suck so just pick your poison

MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

I was hoping that their up time would have gotten better. It has been over 10 years since I had to deal with them directly. As for speed, if I could manage 50% of what they claim I wold be good. I am just getting tired of paying Cox, the bill keeps going up and I have not gotten anything more out of it, why pay more for the same amount of service. But I do need a good up time. I might try running both for a month or two if I can get a no contract service.
    2013 JKU RUBICON 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Wife's DD
    2003 TJ Rubicon: Trailer queen
    1990 XJ: Somewhere in Mesa

I have had Century Link and Qwest before Century Link bought them. A few issues but nothing too serious. Using it for internet and streaming tv/movies. Beats Direct TV and/or Dish, but can't get Cox up here so can't compare to that.
    Burn it and beat on it

I'm actually having cox issues now my internet has been down for 2days . I would have switched to Century but they only offer 3 mb to my house ... wth am I supposed to do with that lol

MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    Wow. I've had them for years without issue.
    Same here.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information