Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ahwatukee
    Posts
    6,055

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by FourxDad View Post
    Always loved Ford style and amenities, just couldn't afford their price.
    You can get a few years old used one much more affordably. I bought a 11 for 30k at the end of last year. Body and interior are different than the new ones, but the drivetrain is the same.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...96-New-tow-rig

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    East Mesa
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    That's nice Eric! Now please, wipe that shiny **** off the tires.
    K7ARB

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    That's nice Eric! Now please, wipe that shiny **** off the tires.
    I had taken the truck to Cobblestone after a 4500 mile road trip to get it cleaned. I had a solid layer of bugs on the entire truck from all the driving. They did a full detail on it and put the shiny stuff on the tires, I snapped a quick photo after i got home. It's not shiny anymore!
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

  4. #19

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by FourxDad View Post
    Always loved Ford style and amenities, just couldn't afford their price.
    Try shopping them in the junkyards?!? ;-)

    J/K...all 3 brands really are nice trucks.
    I wear sun visors and drink Budweisers.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    N.E. Mesa,AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    You can get a few years old used one much more affordably. I bought a 11 for 30k at the end of last year. Body and interior are different than the new ones, but the drivetrain is the same.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...96-New-tow-rig
    I picked up a 2015 3500 Dodge new for 30,000.it does me good.
    You don't need a Plan "B", if Jesus is plan "A".
    ..unknown

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Beautiful truck man, congrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    Any of the big 3's new diesel rigs will pull anything you put behind it with ease, thats no question.
    I pulled a 20,000 lb trailer up to Flagstaff a couple years ago behind a 6.7 dually. I was amazed at how much power that thing had, made it up the hills with no problems at all.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    35th and greenway
    Posts
    5,664

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Hopefully your mpg is decent . I was very disappointed with the '17 f250 I had ... only got about 12 mpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,952

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by redneck20 View Post
    Hopefully your mpg is decent . I was very disappointed with the '17 f250 I had ... only got about 12 mpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When towing?
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    35th and greenway
    Posts
    5,664

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    When towing?
    All the time . Loaded or unloaded . Even the 11 I had sucked for mpg . Tons of power just sucked fuel .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MPGs? Real trucks go by GPM...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by redneck20 View Post
    Hopefully your mpg is decent . I was very disappointed with the '17 f250 I had ... only got about 12 mpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im averaging 14mpg unloaded and 12 while towing. I have not deleted and I'm on stock ecu. Once I delete and tune mpg should increase.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    467

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Nice Rig !!!!!
    I love Super Duty Fords,more interior room/bigger truck-I have a 6 inch lift on my GMC -and it is still smaller than a STOCK Super D!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    467

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by redneck20 View Post
    Hopefully your mpg is decent . I was very disappointed with the '17 f250 I had ... only got about 12 mpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is something wrong with my Duramax?
    I only get 10.5 towing the jeep and average about 12 in town also and that is empty
    That seems poor MPG for a Diesel too me,since everyone else seems too get better(maybe its my lead foot)lol....
    Last edited by ZEPPELIN; 07-25-2017 at 08:07 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moon Valley
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEPPELIN View Post
    Is something wrong with my Duramax?
    I only get 10.5 towing the jeep and average about 12 in town also and that is empty
    That seems poor MPG for a Diesel too me,since everyone else seems too get better(maybe its my lead foot)lol....
    I always got 16-17 with my '08 Duramax, towing or not.

  14. #29

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    My 15 Duramax has averaged 15.5 since new (18k miles...yeah, I never reset one of the trip thingy). That's a daily mix of 50/50 city and highway miles, plus all the towing I've done. If I baby it and watch the mpg, I can do 18-ish on that same daily commute. Bone stock, no plans to change.
    I wear sun visors and drink Budweisers.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    467

    Re: My new tow rig! 2017 F250

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jacobson View Post
    My 15 Duramax has averaged 15.5 since new (18k miles...yeah, I never reset one of the trip thingy). That's a daily mix of 50/50 city and highway miles, plus all the towing I've done. If I baby it and watch the mpg, I can do 18-ish on that same daily commute. Bone stock, no plans to change.
    Wow that is great MPG's- goes right along with what I have always heard with any of the diesel owners(this one is my 1st)that's why I sold my 6.0L gas 2500 to get a Diesel-the gasser BTW got 7.5 MPG towing my Jeep and 9-10 average in town
    like I said above I think I "hotrod" my truck too much

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Crown King Scramble - 04/01/2017
    By RubiDing in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 07:54 PM
  2. Koh 2017!
    By jmfrxjxpert in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 06:16 PM
  3. 2017 Wrangler going to IFS
    By KurtAZ in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 10:16 PM
  4. 02 f250 7.3
    By locked-up-XJ in forum Vehicles for sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 08:12 AM
  5. 78 f250 $650
    By zjfabn in forum Craigslist Finds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •