Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptops for sale

Blog Entries

Laptops for sale

Lenovo 110s, white. 11" screen. Perfect for a younger person, or somebody who does a lot of stuff online. Not a gaming system. $100, they still sell this exact model new at bb for $160, mine looks brand new, and has an added vinyl cover on on it.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/sys/6433903521.html
    Last edited by aroundincircles; 12-21-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Re: Laptops for sale

Carl would one of those RCA Cambrio tablets work as a music hub? I have an old MSI Wind Netbook with an Atom processor to give you an idea of age that I used to use for no other purpose than for itunes and browsing. The OS is too old to update iTunes and the version of iTunes that's on the machine won't connect with the iTunes store anymore.

Anyway, would one of these Cambrio's work for that? And if so, would you be able to transfer all my music and stuff from the old machine to the Cambrio if I bought from you?

Thanks man!

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Carl would one of those RCA Cambrio tablets work as a music hub? I have an old MSI Wind Netbook with an Atom processor to give you an idea of age that I used to use for no other purpose than for itunes and browsing. The OS is too old to update iTunes and the version of iTunes that's on the machine won't connect with the iTunes store anymore.

Anyway, would one of these Cambrio's work for that? And if so, would you be able to transfer all my music and stuff from the old machine to the Cambrio if I bought from you?

Thanks man!

Scott
    It should work fine for that. I bought them for my kids to do learning games on, but all they ever did was go to youtube and watch other kids play with toys my kids owned. Drove me crazy, and they've been sitting in a box since before our move.

it has one limitation, just 32 gigs of storage so after formatting, windows install, you really get about 11 gigs of available space. You can expand with a micro SD card in the side, which I would recommend doing if your library is very big.

How big is your music library, and where did you acquire it from? If it is just license free music/itunes, its not too hard to do, you should be able to go into your my music folder/itunes/itunes media (this will change depending on the version of windows slightly, but will be similar), and copy that to a USB, and plug that into this computer and copy it over. you can also right click on that folder to see how big it is.

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    It should work fine for that. I bought them for my kids to do learning games on, but all they ever did was go to youtube and watch other kids play with toys my kids owned. Drove me crazy, and they've been sitting in a box since before our move.

it has one limitation, just 32 gigs of storage so after formatting, windows install, you really get about 11 gigs of available space. You can expand with a micro SD card in the side, which I would recommend doing if your library is very big.

How big is your music library, and where did you acquire it from? If it is just license free music/itunes, its not too hard to do, you should be able to go into your my music folder/itunes/itunes media (this will change depending on the version of windows slightly, but will be similar), and copy that to a USB, and plug that into this computer and copy it over. you can also right click on that folder to see how big it is.
    Oh I see I was thinking that was the RAM but no of course not haha. Yeah not sure on exact size but library is large, definitely way more than 11GB. 4,000 songs probably give or take. Lots of paid iTunes and also hundreds of imported CDs. I spent countless hours importing all the CDs several years ago into iTunes on a previous laptop. Then I bought the Netbook new and transferred everything to that 8 or 9 years ago. It was a complete PITA, took me forever to figure out how to do, and I lost all of my playlists in the process so just the music transferred over in one big file. I have a 120 GB iPod classic with all the music on it and the playlists are still intact there so I have just added songs to it as I have downloaded new ones over the years since. But as I said I can no longer download any new iTunes on the Netbook because the software is outdated. Anyway, didn't want to go through that process again so figured I'd see if you could do it more easily haha.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Oh I see I was thinking that was the RAM but no of course not haha. Yeah not sure on exact size but library is large, definitely way more than 11GB. 4,000 songs probably give or take. Lots of paid iTunes and also hundreds of imported CDs. I spent countless hours importing all the CDs several years ago into iTunes on a previous laptop. Then I bought the Netbook new and transferred everything to that 8 or 9 years ago. It was a complete PITA, took me forever to figure out how to do, and I lost all of my playlists in the process so just the music transferred over in one big file. I have a 120 GB iPod classic with all the music on it and the playlists are still intact there so I have just added songs to it as I have downloaded new ones over the years since. But as I said I can no longer download any new iTunes on the Netbook because the software is outdated. Anyway, didn't want to go through that process again so figured I'd see if you could do it more easily haha.
    if we assume 4megs per song (low average) you're looking at at least 16 gigs of songs. so you would want a micro SD for sure. It has a full sized USB 2.0 port, so that makes it easier to transfer files.

Honestly, I've never been able to transfer my playlists from one system to another successfully. I'm probably not the guy for that. I'm sure its easy, but I always forget to think about it before transferring my files to a new system, and I go through systems pretty often.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM, and I'll set one aside.

Ill take the Chromebook for the kid. PM inbound
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

7. 07-19-2017, 06:44 PM

Blog Entries

Chrome book sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

new one listed in OP.

have just one of the little black ones left.

Dropped the price of the workstation.

Blog Entries

added another one. I'm annoyed, I plugged in the macbook to wipe it, and it released the smoke out of the charging port... so that one won't be going for sale, i think its still under warranty, so hopefully they'll take care of it.

Blog Entries

Sold some, added one, so updated the original post.

Blog Entries

Sold all but the HP, lowered its price.

Blog Entries

added another one to the list, and the HP is still available. I may be adding one more tonight, if I can get around to taking out the upgrades in it...

Blog Entries

Ok, uploaded the last one. Its a great laptop, kinda hope I don't end up selling it.

Blog Entries

sold the zbook, Down to the last few that I'm not sure if its worth selling or not, since after ebay fees and all that, I wouldn't net any actual money in my pocket, and systems I still actually use.

Blog Entries

Updated the original post with another system for sale. mid 2010 macbook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information