Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 101, 202, 303 classes at Table Mesa

101, 202, 303 classes at Table Mesa

Since I'm elbow deep with BLM stuff again...

I asked about the classes and was told they can still happen, just not all on the same day. If Chris is willing to help get it rolling, I'm sure it could happen next January. I believe each class (group) would have to be on a separate day and each have their own Letter of Agreement with the BLM.

Just a thought.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Re: 101, 202, 303 classes at Table Mesa

Nice info to know, Doug. Thanks.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Wow that's great news. Who did you talk to about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

What is the reasoning behind 'not on the same day'?
    "if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head."

What are the classes for?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Ward View Post
    What are the classes for?

Do a quick search of the board and you will find plenty of past posts and picture threads about the classes. Prolly the easiest way to get your answer.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

I'd like to see this happen. Always a good time..
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Halverson again View Post
    Has to do with the official rules for an event as big as this typically is and the permit requirements. They weren't enforced by previous personnel, they are now.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Thanks Allen
    "if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head."

Quote Originally Posted by Halverson again View Post
    From what I was told, Allen is correct. The small group it started out being quickly became more than just a day of learning for the newbs. 100+ vehicles on the trails was hard for them to define as training.

I'm going to add that right now is the perfect time for this to start up again. The BLM is no longer doing the clean ups out there. My guess, if it were in the letter of agreement that some measure of clean up would happen I'm sure that would help. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Do a quick search of the board and you will find plenty of past posts and picture threads about the classes. Prolly the easiest way to get your answer.
    I tried searching for the threads before I posted this one. Would not come up on my searches.

Last edited by TreeKiller; 07-17-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

101, 202, 303 classes at Table Mesa

Nice finds, Scott. We held classes out at the White Tanks, before that. Similar set up with instructors and different types of trail difficulty. I taught on Firebird with Joe D. That's where I first met Rich and Kathy Evans, along with a few Tucson folks (like Lonnie and his Wife) that made the journey up for the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Nice finds, Scott. We held classes out at the White Tanks, before that. Similar set up with instructors and different types of trail difficulty. I taught on Firebird with Joe D. That's where I first met Rich and Kathy Evans, along with a few Tucson folks (like Lonnie and his Wife) that made the journey up for the classes.
    That was a good day! I'd also like to see this come back to life..........>Drew
    Drew Hutchinson
    * 2010 JK Rubicon 4 door * 93 YJ Dana 60/14 Bolt Rear * 49 CJ-3A - STOCK * 51 CJ-3A "Farm Jeep" restoring

By my count we had 113 vehicles including instructor rigs last time we did this and that didn't include the Friday night's CD run / "404" stuff and friend rigs who were not signed up but camping at BTG. If I had to guess I bet 130+ total rigs which means 200++ people.

If there's a legit chance that we could begin doing this again, perhaps over a period of 2-3 weekends, I would be ecstatic. In reading through some of the older threads, I noted there was some focus on things like proper winching technique as well. Maybe food for thought in doing a reboot.

Scott

I'll fire off a letter of intent on this to my BLM contact. Scott, I'll help with this if you're involved. I do believe it would be easiest if Chris was involved because his name is mentioned a lot. But. he may be ready to pass the torch. It happens.

I'll get back to you in a text on this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information