Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Offroad trailer build (on 40's of course)

Re: Offroad trailer build (on 40's of course)

Given the weight of the top, and how it is going to vary depending if I have a box on there, I added another removable gas strut in case there is a lot of weight.

I also finished the latch mechanism for the lid. it is a T-Handle with cables to two rotary latches.

07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

This is coming along nicely, cool trailer!

So my parking brake kit came in. I have to recommend the company "Control Cables" as they do awesome cables. I used them for the e-brake on my 14 bolt and now for this. They are quick turn around and they do really nice stuff.

I basically used a lever, and then a splitter for the e-brake.

This is the top view of the actual brake mechanism.

I then threaded a hole into the frame so that I could use a retainer to hold the cable against the frame.

This is the splitter going to each cable which I just welded to the frame.

This is the handle mounted to the spare tire carrier, behind it, and connected.

I decided to run it through the frame so the cable wasn't handing down.

I also made the mounting plate for the nose jack. I really like the jack, but the plate was silly big, so I cut it down.

I then welded a piece of 3/8 to the receiver and bolted it on. It hangs down a little but there is no way around that. I really wanted to use this jack, but given the height of the frame with the 40's I had no choice but to mount like this. I mounted it with the hinge farther from the hitch so that I could actually lift it higher given the angle.

07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

So I got started on doing the skin this weekend, and made pretty good progress. I just tacked it in place and will then weld it over a couple of days.

very nice! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Looks great Kieth !
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Got the fenders and sides completely welded in. I also added the plate for the front V and the side steps. I wanted something a little different so I used some 11ga, 1" holes plate. It turned out pretty cool. The floor is in and partially welded.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    Got the fenders and sides completely welded in. I also added the plate for the front V and the side steps. I wanted something a little different so I used some 11ga, 1" holes plate. It turned out pretty cool. The floor is in and partially welded.

Looks AWESOME Keith!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FlexinFun; 03-17-2018 at 06:05 AM.

l love it!!! Can't wait to build my little rack in the back of my TJ -- might hit you up for some info on the 1" circle plate... I don't care for the diamonds or squares I have been finding.
    Tiki's TJ is a 98 Wrangler Sport, 4.0l inline 6, sitting on BFG KO2 33's

You know what would be cool? If you put a couple of rows of bench seats in the trailer and then pulled it through trails with your friends riding in it. Sign me up, and I'll hold my own beer thanks.

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    You know what would be cool? If you put a couple of rows of bench seats in the trailer and then pulled it through trails with your friends riding in it. Sign me up, and I'll hold my own beer thanks.

Scott
    Funny.....My kids already said the same thing. Based on how this thing rides it would be really hard to flip it.

I like all the details. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    Funny.....My kids already said the same thing.
    Wait which part? The bench seat part or the "I'll hold my own beer" part?

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Wait which part? The bench seat part or the "I'll hold my own beer" part?

Scott
    My 9 year old son would have already chugged my beer before he got in the trailer.

Holy crap.............the thing is basically done.

Here it is on its maiden voyage to get registered.

And here it is with the lid on. I still have to get it painted and Rhino-lined, and there are a few other small things with the latches, but it is basically done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information