Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Information Thread -- 19th Annual Crown King Run

General Information Thread -- 19th Annual Crown King Run

The 19th annual Crown King run will be on Saturday, August 26, 2017.

The date for this year's annual Crown King run was selected by a vote. You can click on the following link to view the poll and thread:

You may use the links below to sign up for the group you would like to join. The group leaders have created their own threads and have set guidelines for who should sign up in their groups. Those guidelines have been noted below. The estimated arrival times in Crown King have also been noted below. Please choose the group that is right for you based on your experience level, vehicle build, and desired pace.

5:00 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by purpleTJ

This group is open to drivers of all skill levels and is family friendly.

This group typically finishes the trail in the early afternoon.

6:00 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by dustin g

This group typically finishes the trail in the early to mid afternoon.

7:00 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by Sputternutz

This group is both new driver and stock-Jeep friendly. Experienced wheelers are encouraged to join and help out when needed.

This group typically finishes the trail in the mid afternoon.

8:00 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by LO PHAT . . . "The Misfits"

This group is notorious for being wild and crazy. Drivers should be prepared to play hard and get pushed out of their comfort zones. Anyone attempting to bypass the optional obstacles will be mercilessly heckled.

This group typically finishes the trail in the late afternoon to early evening.

9:00 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by RAZ

This group typically finishes the trail in the late afternoon to early evening.

10:30 am group | CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP | led by Estrada . . . the "hammer down" group

All are welcome in this group, but understand that this group drives fast. They do not take thousands of pictures and do not stop for lunch.

If you would like to purchase a lunch, then please use the following link:

Here are instructions and a map to the air down location:

Last edited by LO PHAT; 08-08-2017 at 06:49 AM.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Re: General Information Thread -- 19th Annual Crown King Run

Can't wait for this run!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, rather than run the trail I might be able to help out with any kind of organized lunch. My FSJ carries a lot of stuff. If someone is going to organize a lunch PM me and we will see if I can help out.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Hey, rather than run the trail I might be able to help out with any kind of organized lunch. My FSJ carries a lot of stuff. If someone is going to organize a lunch PM me and we will see if I can help out.
    PM sent

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What about the "tow rig" group?
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Can we do it in reverse this time? Start in CK and go back down?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    What about the "tow rig" group?
    I was wondering the same thing. No one showed any interest in it or volunteered to lead it.

EDIT: A 10:00 am tow rig group would be awesome!

Last edited by LO PHAT; 07-05-2017 at 07:34 AM.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

I think (could be wrong) that Estrada's intent was not for an 11am group, but for a 10am group and to eliminate the 11am group.
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Well I would love to lead the tow rig group, but I don't think its gonna happen this year. I will most likely be having some pretty major back surgery in the next month. Maybe next year for the 20th. I was there on the first one, and would like to make the 20th
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

So if I go, I am not going to join a run I will help with the lunch instead. But I thought I would start some drama. Typically on these big runs folks sign up and then some also ask to reserve a spot for a non VJC member or two. A lot of the runs are capped.
    Should VJC members be given any kind of priority over non-VJC tag alongs? Or should we encourage non-members as a way to get them to join the club?

Drama on...
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

I thought it was a given that you had to be a member to go? It's not like registering for a forum is some horrible task to complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IOwnCalculus View Post
    I thought it was a given that you had to be a member to go? It's not like registering for a forum is some horrible task to complete.
    Makes sense to me.
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Well I would love to lead the tow rig group, but I don't think its gonna happen this year. I will most likely be having some pretty major back surgery in the next month. Maybe next year for the 20th. I was there on the first one, and would like to make the 20th
    It has been a few years since I went, I might be up for a Tow Rig Group, but would have to be earlier in the day...
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Quote Originally Posted by IOwnCalculus View Post
    I'm not going to say they can't go on the run if they are not a member but I am not going to put them on my sign-up list until they are.

Maybe we should have a nonmember group LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information