Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

We originally met to work on the BMP for the Black Canyon-Bumble Bee-Mayor area in 2014. For some reason/s, the BLM was unable to move forward with the TMP. They have scheduled new meetings for the scoping/planning of the new TMP. The horse users show up to these meetings and so do the hikers, miners, shooters and SxS crowd. Do your land use a favor and try to make a meeting and let your usage be known. If you can't make a meeting hop on the website and try to leave your opinion/usage, there.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Hassayampa Field Office invites your participation in the development of the Black Canyon Corridor Travel Management Plan and Environmental Assessment (TMP/EA). This TMP/EA includes the Upper Agua Fria River, Bumble Bee and Lower Black Canyon Trail travel management areas and encompasses the communities of Black Canyon City, Mayer, New River and Dewey-Humboldt in Yavapai and Maricopa counties, Arizona (see attached Planning Area map). The Black Canyon National Recreation Trail (BCNRT) is central to this area.

Travel management is a comprehensive approach to the administration of travel and transportation networks of roads, primitive routes, trails, and areas for both motorized and non-motorized uses. Travel management planning includes the inventory and mapping, route designations, and other measures necessary for providing access to and across public lands for a variety of uses. This notification is being provided to BLM right-of-way holders, recreational users, grazing allotment permittees, mining claim holders, and anyone else who has expressed an interest in this project in the past.

The upcoming TMP/EA will analyze the direct, indirect and cumulative effects from the BLM’s designation of an approved travel network. At this early stage during public scoping, public participation will assist the BLM in the development of the TMP/EA. Through this process, the BLM will comply with the obligations under the National Environmental Policy Act and National Historic Preservation Act. The BLM has scheduled the following open houses:

Monday May 15, 2017 from 6 – 8 pm

Deer Valley Community Center

2001 W. Wahalla Lane

Phoenix, Arizona 85027

Tuesday May 16, 2017 from 6 – 8 pm

Mayer High School (old library)

17300 E. Mule Deer Drive

Spring Valley, Arizona 86333

During these open house-style meetings, BLM staff will be available and maps of the travel network inventory will be available for review. There will be tables with personnel with maps to discuss the project and answer your questions.

The BLM had initiated public scoping in 2014 but was unable to move forward with the planning effort. If you participated in 2014, we encourage you to continue to participate with this newest effort. Topics to be thinking about to better prepare for these meetings include:

● How do I use this area and what route access do I need to conduct my business or favorite recreational activity?

● What facilities and/or amenities would you suggest to make your use more enjoyable, and accommodate current use and future growth in the area such as trailheads, staging areas, information kiosks, etc., and where would they be located?

● If you’re a recreational user of the BCNRT, what suggestions do you have in terms of connectivity to communities, loop opportunities, user conflict mitigation, etc.?

● Are there specific routes you would like to be designated as closed due to user conflicts, route proliferation, etc.?

This 30-day public scoping period is from May 8 until June 6, 2017.

Information on this project will be available at the following website: http://bit.ly/2oMhl0C

Comments on the proposed project can be submitted the following ways:

● Electronically by emailing them to: blkcanyon@blm.gov

● You may mail your comments to: BLM Hassayampa Field Office, ATTN: Tammy Pike Black Canyon, 21605 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85027.

● You may fax your comments to: Tammy Pike at 623-580-5580.

Privacy notice: Before including your address, phone number, email address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment(s), including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish to withhold your personal information, you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment(s). We will make all submissions from organizations and businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.

The BLM anticipates that the TMP/EA will be available for public review in early 2018. Note: if you wish to remain on the project mailing list and be notified of the documents availability, please send us a reply to blkcanyon@blm.gov.

If you have questions, please contact Tammy Pike at 623-580-5586 or blkcanyon@blm.gov.

Tammy Pike
    Outdoor Recreation Planner
    ​Hassayampa Field Office
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

I have a map of 18 different crawler routes in the bumble bee area. I'd like to include it in my letter to the BLM about this TMP, but I'd like someone with more experience in the area to view the map first. Can I get an email address from one of you buggy guys that know the area so i can send this map to you. I think you've all probably seen it already, but I want t make sure it's up to date.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

You can send it to me.

woodyspoolworks@gmail.com
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

And thanks for the heads up Huck. I'll be there.

I hope that some of you "non buggy" types will show up too. If you're into rockcrawling, BB will be in your future
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I have a map of 18 different crawler routes in the bumble bee area. I'd like to include it in my letter to the BLM about this TMP, but I'd like someone with more experience in the area to view the map first. Can I get an email address from one of you buggy guys that know the area so i can send this map to you. I think you've all probably seen it already, but I want t make sure it's up to date.
    FWIW-They added almost all the trails we pointed out at our MTG with Jeff G, a few years ago. They can be found on mostly on map 3... per Jeff they will get numbered like TM, except they will be BB TV 1, TV 2, etc and Table Mesa will be TM TV 1, TV 2, etc.

Woody is the perfect person to send it to... Is it the map of routes we put together at that MTG?
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    FWIW-They added almost all the trails we pointed out at our MTG with Jeff G, a few years ago. They can be found on mostly on map 3... per Jeff they will get numbered like TM, except they will be BB TV 1, TV 2, etc and Table Mesa will be TM TV 1, TV 2, etc.

Woody is the perfect person to send it to... Is it the map of routes we put together at that MTG?
    I think so, but I've slept since then so I want to make sure. I just sent it to Casey to get his opinion.

I think so, but I've slept since then so I want to make sure. I just sent it to Casey to get his opinion.
    Please send a copy to Woody, as well. Thx Doug.

I'm out of the loop on what happened last time. I need to get up to date. I submitted a few things on line but didn't attend the meeting. The list has most of the trails I have run on it but not all.

I think Woody is our best asset in this as he has experience with this in the past. I would do what he thinks will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to party

I can't find his email address. I know I had it at one time, but it's either gone or i'm not using the correct term to search for it.

I pm'd him for his address.

I pm'd him for his address.
    Look up at post #3. ; )

Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    And thanks for the heads up Huck. I'll be there.

I hope that some of you "non buggy" types will show up too. If you're into rockcrawling, BB will be in your future
    I'm not familiar with the BB trails but I plan to be at the meeting.

I'm a maybe on the meeting tonight. Going to try to make it, if schedule allows. But I have my comment ready to send in either way.

I'm a maybe on the meeting tonight. Going to try to make it, if schedule allows. But I have my comment ready to send in either way.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information