Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

Re: New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

See you all there, we need people to show up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to party

I came last time they did this and will try to be there tonite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    See you all there, we need people to show up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
    I came last time they did this and will try to be there tonite.
    Look forward to seeing you there. Thank you!
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

I cannot make it to the meeting tonight, so I will send my comments by email.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Folks, even if you don't run the particular trails in this particular area being discussed - getting a show of support from the Offroad community in general by attending is also important.
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

Well it was good seeing the few people that did actually attend, but as usual it was a poor turn out for the OHV community. Sad really. There's so much to gain from attending these meetings. Even if you don't speak up, just showing up means you give a damn.

Its not too late for the BB area. It seems that they had to start the TMP all over again. Comments can be sent until Jun 6. Myself or others will post up the info needed to send your comments.

I'm hoping you all will take a few minutes to send your comments. At a minimum, stating that you wish to see the existing trails retained as open. Actual stories of how/why you use the area are helpful. I know there's plenty of people here that run Turkey Creek...it runs smack dab in the middle of the TMP. Speak up! Let the BLM know you have been wheeling these trails for years, and wish to continue to do so. True, many of you will never run many of the extreme trails up there, but it sets a precedent for other areas. Many people thought there was no hope for Table Mesa years ago, and look what we did there! Speak up people...while you can.
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

I really wanted to be there, but my schedule is getting jerked around bad this week. I'll add that it's also very important to comment now so that when the final comes out you will have a voice to protest it. Sometimes they only allow those who participated and commented to be a part of the final steps. My comment is ready to send.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Interesting meeting. Kinda like Ground Hog Day I think all this had happened before.

Downsides? Quite a few of the crawler routes that were brought to the table and penciled in on the 2014 maps for the agency did not appear on last night's draft maps, and those that did were not named or numbered making it hard to figure out what was what.

Upside? I thought BLM was pretty receptive to input, and Rem and Tammy spent most of the meeting personally listening to individuals' input. Undertakers, Mesa Four Wheelers and others were represented, so I think OHV had a decent showing. And BLM's range management guy has spent a lot of seat time on trails in the area and was a wealth of knowledge.

Next steps? If you care about or have beta on trails in the area north of Rock Springs send your specific details, maps or pictures to Tammy. Copy us here - there are a few who can write in support of what you're trying to keep open. Study the maps and get out and wheel the area. There's lot of stuff out there I didn't know existed. It would be easy for other groups to lock it out if 'wheelers aren't making the case for it.

Good to see everybody.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

Please explain how this TMP is going to pass the Congress vote in light of the recent reset bill.

Quote Originally Posted by RufftyTuffty View Post
    Please explain how this TMP is going to pass the Congress vote in light of the recent reset bill.
    If you're referring to HJ44, I have not found anything about the bill/law that supports OHV in any way. I admit I may be missing something, but I've read the rule that was disapproved and I see no benefits. The rule was more of a procedure, as I read it. It gave the public more time to comment, more meetings, etc. It may actually be worse for us now. I'm still waiting for an official reply from the BLM on how this effects OHV. Bu, according to the people I've spoken to, it means nothing thus far. Just one more piece of useless legislation. But again, I may be missing something.

Here is the "rule" that is disapproved. You decide for yourself. I've tried to contact Rep. Cheney but I've been unsuccessful.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ement-planning
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 05-17-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Yeah that's it.

H.J.Res.44 - Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior relating to Bureau of Land Management regulations that establish the procedures used to prepare, revise, or amend land use plans pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by RufftyTuffty View Post
    Yeah that's it.
    It reads like ONLY the procedures used are disapproved. But, as soon as I hear something back from any of the people I've emailed, I'll post it.

New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

Per the BLM, during the meeting, they are still charged with developing routes and a route inventory for all of the lands they manage. They need to account for everything within area they manage and that includes all of the routes. Since that part of their 'mandate' hasn't changed, they are still moving forward with TMP's for all of their managed lands. If their mandate changes, maybe things will change then. That was what we were told.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

That makes sense. Thanks.

New BLM TMP, for Bumble Bee, scoping meetings.

Just a reminder that today is the last day to make your comments. Please take a minute and let the BLM know you, as a Jeeper, use the trails there and want to continue to do so. Also, please let them know that you would like to see the missing trails added back to the inventory. Your help and time, is appreciated. Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information