Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/6 Newbs at Night, Part II, with Extra Credit

5/6 Newbs at Night, Part II, with Extra Credit

A year ago, Mother's Day weekend, I lead the first Newbs at Night run. A year has passed, more Jeeps have been modded, more AIST has been accumulated, and we are beginning to ramp up the Summer heat. I picked the weekend of May 6th, this year, to avoid another long night on the trail, prior to Mother's Day.

This run is for folks who believe they are built to run Collateral Damage, at Table Mesa. The trail is not short wheelbase friendly, but that hasn't stopped built SWB rigs, in the past. I will post up a few basic requirements for rig and driver, but not an all inclusive list. Feel free to post up, ask questions, and see if you are a fit for the run.

1) Two lockers
    2) 35's min for SWB's and 37's for JKU's. If you are running 35's on a JKU, but think you are both built for it and ready to take your chances, post up. We've gotten them through, before. It just takes work and being okay with scraping/chance of body damage (depending on armor)
    3) A good attitude.
    4) AIST- you are comfortable pushing yourself and your rig, on a new trail
    5) Recovery points, front and rear, recovery straps, shackles, etc.
    6) Winch
    7) A maintained rig-please have your rig in good mechanical condition prior to starting the run. Having trail spares, tools, tire repair equipment, a spill kit, etc. is a great idea. Nothing worse than hearing, after someone breaks, I knew that was going out, but hoped to get one more run on it....

My interest in this run is to get folks who haven't run CD before, up the trail. They will be given the first opportunity to sign up and run the trail. I'm not placing a vehicle cap on the run, today, but reserve the right to do so. Last year's run lasted, until 3AM, due to some late night shenanigans. I'm hoping for an earlier return to camp this year. Depending on the numbers and how quickly we get through CD, I would like to offer extra credit, for those interested. We would run down Anaconda and then up LT, before winding up the night.

There will be other experienced Jeepers, placed throughout the run, to help spot and recover. Pretty sure that all of the participants, last year, had a blast! (even if some left the trail, tired) We are adults and this is a night run. Feel free to plan on camping at Little Pan, if you like.

Meet time: 6PM Leaving for the trail ~6:30P. We will spend some time going over the rigs and running order, prior to pulling out and will leave whenever that is accomplished.

Meet Location: Little Pan Staging Area, Table Mesa

I'm sure you've got questions and I know I glossed over a couple of details, in this post. I just wanted to get the party, uh I mean, 'discussion' started. Looking forward to making 2017's run, as fun as 2016's.

See you on the trails,
    Huck
    Last edited by Huck; 04-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

I'm leaving for the NORRA 1000, on 4/21 and should be back ~5/1. I'll check this thread as time and conditions permit. : )

I'll update accordingly.

Last updated: 5/6-1344

Attendees:
    1) Jerry Nelson
    2) Piefra
    3) Blazerv10
    4) Jamie
    5) AZjeepergurl67
    6) Boss of Da Stix

Probable:
    1) JGzCrush-if by the grace of the Devil 🤘🤘
    2)

Past participants wanting to try some extra credit:
    1) Willygoat
    2) 4WheelinHawkeye

The experienced assistants:
    1) CrazyCasey
    2) MV3 (possible)
    3) DrewDog
    4)Tom Jacobson
    5) Barry
    6) Charles Caufman
    7)

Those wanting seats:
    1) Greyst
    2) OLM
    3) Josh Husky Hauler
    4)

On the standby list:
    1) JeeperED
    2)
    3)

Peanut Gallery: (may park and ride take a seat, may drive, will definitely be there to see the show)
    1) Gabe (possibly)
    2) Capsul
    3) Bab
    4) Oscar_Mike2013
    5) LO PHAT-possible...
    Last edited by Huck; 05-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: 5/6 Newbs at Night, Part II, with Extra Credit

might be down for this.a shake down before sb on memorial weekend
    350 howell inj dana 60 front with a spool and full hydro and cromo stubs 9in in rear with a spool dana 300 tera low 4:1 sm420 with 410 gears and 38in swampers 4 linked all around.oh yeh it was a cj7.it was a jeepthing but all that s**t broke

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    ..... I would like to offer extra credit, for those interested. We would run down Anaconda .....
    Nice!

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Hmmm, definitely a placeholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm concerned there is no mention of a margarita cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to party

I'd like to once again claim a passenger seat, preferably in a rig with a full cage!
    I have margaritas I can contribute to the fun. 😉

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Margarita cart never got back to me with dates of availability. Hoping for attendance and crossing my fingers....

Quote Originally Posted by greyst View Post
    I'd like to once again claim a passenger seat, preferably in a rig with a full cage!

Remembering correctly, you would also be responsible for the Diabetes Balls.

I have a full cage and harnesses.

That could probably be arranged. I hate to correct you in your own thread, especially since I'm asking for a favor but you mispelled the name. To ensure proper pronunciation, they are diabeetus balls (aka bombs)!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013 View Post
    I have a full cage and harnesses.

Then you have margaritas in your cooler! If the margarita cart doesn't join us, you may be the fill-in. Can you even fit a cooler in the jeep with your fancy new spare carrier?

Then you have margaritas in your cooler! If the margarita cart doesn't join us, you may be the fill-in. Can you even fit a cooler in the jeep with your fancy new spare carrier?

Cooler can take up the back seat.

Been dying to run this trail! Would love to do it with some experienced folks the first time, so where do I sign up? Not sure what AIST is but I gotta Cherokee on tons n 40s that's pretty dang solid...and I love me some Anaconda!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hate to correct you in your own thread, especially since I'm asking for a favor but you mispelled the name. To ensure proper pronunciation, they are diabeetus balls (aka bombs)!

Poetic license is appreciated.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information